Belly up to the bar, Drinks are on me! part 2 (originally po

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Belly up to the bar, Drinks are on me! part 2 (originally po

• This topic has 34 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

i will post the last few posts from the previous thread for continuity.

mandara k
    Aspiring SadGeezer
    Member # 435
    posted 30-03-2002 01:21 PM
    ——————————————————————————–
    Mandara K stumbles out from the back room; bleary-eyed and confused.
    Where am I? Oh yeah, wasn’t I here last night?

Gosh, I need coffee, Tylenol, and a cigarette in that order.

What’s going on? What did I miss?

Hey, is there going to be a fight? I sense
    blood in the air; I guess I’ll sit over here quietly and watch the action; hey I’m all for a good fight if it is clean, fair and not over something assinine like….. men, or just because you think you should be tough. That’s crap. Violence never solved a damn thing; but don’t let me stop you; kick the **** out of each other if you want to; as long as no body else gets hurt and since your hand isn’t on the big red button to blow us to kingdom come, get it out of your system so the rest of us can enjoy the evening.

Or all this tough talk just fore-play, hmm? I say, skip the violence then and just take your little lover’s spat outside.

I WANT COFFEE NOW!!!! Please.

Who is going to sing? I WANT REGGAE!!!!!

snooklepie
    Committed SadGeezer
    Member # 494
    posted 30-03-2002 05:48 PM
    hang on, did you just mention free beer??? woohoo!!! (immediately forgets any acts of violence, and turns back to the bar). I’ll have another Newky, Superhuman, if you’re offering… (smiles sweetly at the handsome devil at the bar). hey, anybody know any Iron Maiden??? Black Sabbath, maybe? (happy mode)

Bekka
    Aspiring SadGeezer
    Member # 192
    posted 31-03-2002 02:37 PM
    ok i wont agrivate the heros if you fill my glass with shampers.
    (who thinks marilyn mansons verion of tainted love is the best so far, are u with me?)

bekka leves the pub after downing her free drink and sings stash up

i dont give a F***
    not a single F***
    not a single solitary F***
    no i dont give a F*** mother F***er

(sorry i dont know much older rock)

——————–

Theres a fine line between genius and insanity, I enjoy dancing on that line.
    “Life has no meaning without pain…. Gentlemen, I wish to give your lives meaning.”

snooklepie
    Committed SadGeezer
    Member # 494
    posted 31-03-2002 04:27 PM
    MM’s version of ‘Tainted Love’ is the dog’s testicles!!! let’s wind up the purists and put his version of ‘Sweet Dreams..’ as well!!!
    Woohoo!! i wanna party! Rock ‘n’ Roll 4ever!!! (jumps up onto table, guzzles beer out of bottle…)

mandara k
    Aspiring SadGeezer
    Member # 435
    posted 31-03-2002 07:01 PM
    I haven’t heard MM like that before; I think I may have to investigate that.
    Wasn’t he in that move Jawbreaker too?

Anyway, where was I?

The story; LL “ignorance is bliss” basically; that’s a great attitude if the world was perfect; but it’s not and as time progresses this world will be harder and harder to live on. The ice walls are melting in Antartica; no relation? It means the seas will rise and coastal cities may have bigger problems and more water; warmer seas mean more El Nino, changes in weather, that adds up to tough times for us. So you can take the ignorance method; after all,
    you or I won’t live forever; but if you have kids or hope to, what kind of future do you leave them?
    Don’t get me wrong; I love to have a great time; but life is balancing it all out.
    I don’t consider myself a hero at all; I’m just trying to get by like you. Sometimes, just sometimes, though; you have to stand up to people and situations; otherwise nothing changes. So I chose to live a life of action not reaction. You chose your own way.
    You can react violently and that changes things, yes, this is true; but what has that done for any of us? Violence begets violence and we all take 2 steps back really to the cave; we all die because we blow up the planet over piddly stuff or natural disasters destroy it for us and we all perish.

Hell, what do you care? You’ll be in heaven right after you die (doubtful) or you’ll just be wormfood (wasted life)

You see what I’m like if I don’t get coffee; you don’t even want to go there if It’s MadDog.

Mandara K

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

quick Lars please give Mandara K some coffee. use one of the really big cups!

Anonymous

well, seeing as we’re getting serious for a mo, how about some advice?
    Other half got back today, after working away for 4 days. knew he would be out of contact for some of it, but didn’t let me know exactly what was going on, so i worry. was our 10th anniversary on friday, didn’t mention it. didn’t come back with any flowers, let alone an easter egg just waltzed in the door, just like he’s been only away for a normal work day. and then to add insult to injury, he buggers off down the pub, without even asking me if i would like to go!! and he does this sort of thing quite regularly do i put up with this, or shall i go after Superhuman and get his phone number????

mandara k
    Participant

Well, Snookie,

The long and the short of it is if you want to hang in it for the long haul.
    That is why I tell all my friends you have got to be very careful about who you hook up with because basically what you see is what you get. If he was doing this before, during or after your courtship you know it will be difficult for things to change. You have already accepted the behavior.
    If you cannot tolerate being treated like that anymore; then you have let him know with no uncertain terms that you do not want to be treated like this anymore. If he continues, you will tell him, I’m shopping for something else; and finally, if he can’t give you want you need you leave him.

Life is way too short to spend it in the misery of a bad relationship. I’d rather go it alone. At least, I know I can make myself happy.

just my thoughts.

Anonymous

Can’t e-mail ‘ya! darnit!

So here’s what I do when I feel that I’m not getting the attention from reggemS (my hubby) that I want. I tackle him, tickle him, lasso him, corner him in the bathroom while he’s doing his business, sit on him, block his view of the TV, turn off the computer monitor, bitch, nag, sniffle, tease, shout and talk to him. I do anything it takes to keep our communication open because it’s important. We’ve made a joke that our telepathy isn’t working when we assume that the other person should “just know” what we want. Example: Who’s at the door?

That’s mom, she’s going to Omaha and is dropping by. Didn’t I tell you?

No.

What? Your telepathy isn’t working today? ;p

Then I/he apoligizes for forgetting to tell and we’ve written notes in several places to remind each other of things.

If you made a commitment to each other, you’ll both find a way to make it work the way you want it.

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

IF that was a genuine error in memory, and believe me this happens, people brains just stop working sometimes. Then nail his arse to the floor and tell him not to forget again. But if on the other hand, he knew it was your anniversary and made no effort, I would have to say bail out as youre just going to get constant grief and isnt that what your job is for ?

Anonymous

for now you could just try subtle hints ie giving him his present and apologising for not giving it sooner, asking if anone at work got any chocolate for easter etc.

(ps in case anyone got confused that was opm stash up sorry for not saying)

Anonymous

Thanks, chaps..sorry for being a bit of a misery.. trouble is, I Worship His Shadow (ahem…)i’m just a big softee.. i’ve probably let this happen too often, and have not said anything. i know i have to stand up, and make sure he knows i’m not prepared to tolerate it any more..(or at least try to…) does anyone know where i can buy a cattle-prod??? talk about letting someone get away with murder…could try dropping hints about presents and choccie..now, where’s my beer…
    seeing as a virtual drink in a virtual pub is all i seem to get these days….

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: snooklepie ]

Anonymous

Cranks up the loathesome kaeroke (can’t spell) machine and invites snooklepie to come join her on stage:

There’s a tear in my beer cause I’m crying for you,dear
    You are on my lonely mind
    Into these last few beers, I have shed a million tears
    I’m gonna keep drinking until I’m petrified
    And then maybe these tears will leave my eyes
    There’s a tear in my beer cause I’m crying for you dear

Last night I walked the floor and the night before
    It seems my life is through and I’m so doggone blue
    I’m gonna keep drinking til I can’t move a toe
    And then maybe my heart won’t hurt me so

Lord, I’ve tried and I’ve tried but my tears I can’t hide
    Oh, these blues I have found have really let me down
    I’m gonna keep drinking til I can’t even think
    Cause in the last weeks, I ain’t slept a wink

There’s a tear in my beer cause I’m crying for you dear

There, nothing like a good boo hoo song to make me feel better.

It’s OK, hope we helped you feel better too.

Anonymous

Thanks, Praxilla. it helped. at least i know i’m safe in this pub!! don’t go out when he’s not here. don’t feel safe on my own. probably why i’m here all the time, doing my Marvin the Paranoid Android bit . i’ll just slap him when he gets home….yes, he’s away again… oh well….while the cat’s away.. (gawd, i’ve got to do something to cheer myself up…) does anyone know the words to ‘always look on the bright side of life’? quick, pass me a beer- i feel a song coming on

Anonymous

i cant remember all of it for some reason i remeber this bit

lifes a peice of sh*t
    when you look at it

have to see if ive still got a tape of life of brian some where.

Anonymous

mary beth walks over to snooklepie with a pitcher of beer and two glasses

here ya go hon. let me tell you what i do when hubby commits a major screw-up like that. first he gets a couple of days where i am kinda standoffish and i keep throwing him “The Look”. then if he is still clueless. i resort to waiting till he is asleep and i am pretending to be asleep, then i “accidentally” smack him in the arm just enough to wake him up. then i innocently asked him if there is something he forgot. this usually does the trick. he wakes up the next morning vaguely remembering that there was something he forgot and he figures it out. then i get treated like a queen for the next week or so!
    ok lets have another pitcher and figure out ways to make the men in our lives remember the important stuff.

Anonymous

Cracks his knuckles and downs a few pints of Mad Dog before striding over to the feminists section

Right, it appears that you ladies have a few problems with th’ men in your life. Well I’m here t’ say thaaaat….yes, it is our fault.

But wait! Dere be more! Please, let me live! You see, from personal experience with myself, and careful observation of others of my gender (no, I’m not gay. I just like cross-dressing and the color pink, is all), I’ve deduced that us guyz have a focused kinda mind. TOO focused in fact. We are very good at concertrating on a single thing, however, at the cost of everything else. The trick is ladies, is to do what my mother does and make that single thing, that subject, herself. My father NEVER and I mean NEVER, forgets her anniversary. Nor does he forget her birthday, mother’s birthday etc. etc. If you’ve doubts of the efficiacy of this method, then let me tell yeh, that my parents have been married a very happy 20 years.Besides, guys like attention as much as the ladies do, so just treat it as a process of give and take, and not ‘You give. I take.’ Simply do unto us what you’d like us to do unto you, and you just may end up like my parents, 20 years, and still going stronger than a speeding Mack Truck with a steel reinforced bumper.

By the way, their anniversary is on the 21st. Anyone wanna join me in wishing them a happy anniversary?

Anonymous

By the way, their anniversary is on the 21st. Anyone wanna join me in wishing them a happy anniversary?

yes of course i will wish them a happy anniversary! and in this day and age that is a amazing thing. i am actually on my second marriage. yes this one is a keeper! we have actually been together for 7 years but only married 3 of those years.

I’ve deduced that us guyz have a focused kinda mind. TOO focused in fact. We are very good at concertrating on a single thing, however, at the cost of everything else. The trick is ladies, is to do what my mother does and make that single thing, that subject, herself.

very good point super joe! IMHO women do a better job of remembering the ‘details’ of relationships. and men live more in the moment of the relationship. it may be a good idea for women to find subtle ways to ‘remind’ their mates about stuff that is important to them.

Anonymous

Just seems that I need to use a cattle prod at times… …Does anyone think that the ‘Lad’ culture is to blame? I seem to remember something from a few weeks ago about men having this psychological need to go to the pub and interact with other men…not there’s anything wrong with going to the pub…. but guys, us girls like beer, too… and I bet I could come out with just as many rude jokes….

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by snooklepie:

Does anyone think that the ‘Lad’ culture is to blame? I seem to remember something from a few weeks ago about men having this psychological need to go to the pub and interact with other men…

Going out with the guys….no demands, no responsibilities–it can be very appealing. And men usually don’t like having to grow up.

I have no particular advice, I guess you have to decide when and how to reign him in.
    Love’s a bitch. Don’t you have a pub where women hang out? Have some fun on your own!

elmey

mandara k
    Participant

That is an interesting question. That male bonding- slap on the rear type of behavior. I agree that women can be as raunchy as men and should be able to interact freely that way if they choose; but something makes me think it’s a biological or upbringing that takes them back to their mothers teaching them how to act in public.

I believe that on the whole we should show some restraint while we interact with others in a public place but still have fun.
    Dancing and acting goofy, yes, tearing up the place, and being obnoxious, no. Loud?
    Hell yeah. I usually read a place where I am to gauge how to act; what are others doing, etc…
    I was really angered the other night when I was trying to catch a cab after going out and I saw guys pushing over potted trees as they went down the street. Not only have they wasted our tax dollars it’s senseless.
    Sometimes, I think men think of women as 2 molds; slut or good girl; and there is no in between. That’s crap. We are complicated creatures all of us inside, but there are definitely times when I go out I feel I am watching Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom. I keep expecting Marlan Perkins to pop up somewhere and begin talking about mating rituals of primates.
    I don’t compete; I just sit back and watch the show. That’s me, though.

Oh, Joe, Happy Anniversary to your folks! Mine have been together for almost 50 years.

Mandara K

Anonymous

An old joke: What do you call three blondes in a freezer?

X
    x
    X
    x
    X

A: Frosted Flakes

dgrequeen
    Participant

Happy anniversary to the parents, SJY. Btw, you look totally fetching in pink, I must say.

OK, now here is where I embarrass myself. I have been married to the same man for 34 years this upcoming September. Regretfully, I have no Secrets For a Successful Marriage to pass on to you. It hasn’t been all love and roses by any stretch of the imagination, for either one of us. In fact, it’s been a lot of blood, sweat, and tears. But we are still together, and not too unhappy about it. And that’s pretty much as good as it gets for anybody.

Oh, yeah, Prax? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: dgrequeen ]

Anonymous

The bitch round here is while it ain’t quite Dodge, I don’t feel safe going out by myself. Plus there is almost nobody that is interested in the same things as me!

On another note, you chaps have proven that Sci-fi fans aren’t mindless, drooling idiots as some seem to believe- you’re decent, caring folk. Thanks!

Anonymous

Damn Straight!!!!
    Sci-Fi fans kick ass!!

Normal people are boring. They are way to self conscious. I try to get along with everybody but a lot of times people don’t want to let you in. Some of the kindest people I’ve ever known are considered to be social rejects in some way or another. And they are my true friends.

Yeah, snookie. You should probably try to talk to him about this stuff. Let him know how you feel and see if you can get him to take you out with him. Let him know you really want to spend time with him and if he’s still acting like a jerk, give him the cold shoulder for a couple weeks. Give the man NOTHING!

Hey, snookie, are

Anonymous

quote:

Nosferatu> Damn Straight!!!!
    Sci-Fi fans kick ass!!
    Normal people are boring. They are way to self conscious. I try to get along with everybody but a lot of times people don’t want to let you in. Some of the kindest people I’ve ever known are considered to be social rejects in some way or another. And they are my true friends.

Yeah, snookie. You should probably try to talk to him about this stuff. Let him know how you feel and see if you can get him to take you out with him. Let him know you really want to spend time with him and if he’s still acting like a jerk, give him the cold shoulder for a couple weeks. Give the man NOTHING!

Welcome Nosferatu

and snooklepie we are always here for you! if you ever want to talk, please email, PM, or IM me or someone else that you feel comfortable talking to! i am in central standard time in the U.S. i am not sure what time it is there, but i do keep odd hours (insomniac)! so there is a good chance that i will be online at the same time you are, maybe! just let me or someone know if you want to talk!

Anonymous

Thanks again!! I’ll start by hiding the biscuit tin. If that don’t give him a message…
    Most of your posts seem to be in the early hours of the morning,Mary Beth. your last one was just after 6am…but i’ll keep an eye out!
    might wander onto the chat board sometime. hope my superslug can handle it!(P120..had fun trying to download one of Headgehog’s news reports the other day. locked the poor thing up solid…).. takes the pitcher of beer.yuuummmm yuuuummmm…..

Anonymous

ok Snooklepie if i have this silly time zone thing right, i am online usually between 10pm and 12am GMT (Greenwich Mean Time?) which is 4pm to 6pm my time. and then later at 4am to 8am GMT which is 10pm to 2am my time.
    time zones give me a headache! LOL

Anonymous

hmm i’m early tonight!! getting a bit lively in here, don’t you think?? hope nobody starts fighting!!!

Nosferatu, I can identify with what you’ve said. I also know a lot of people who have been ridiculed, even called outcast or monster simply because of things they do or take part in. Yet they are among the most kind, decent folk i have ever met. There’s something wrong somewhere…

..and in case you were wondering, the biscuit tin thing wouldn’t be a dig at the fact that he’s slightly overweight, it’s more to do with the fact that the way he’s going on at the minute, the dog deserves them more than he does!!! F*** he’s just pulled up!! any time bet. 6pm-11pm GMT for me. Only for two hours, usually. depends on if i reconnect my ISP when it bombs me (if i’ve got time b4 i go beddy-byes..)!!

[ 11-04-2002: Message edited by: snooklepie ]

Anonymous

getting a bit lively in here, don’t you think?? hope nobody starts fighting!!!

please don’t worry about that lively dicussion over in the corner, Snooklepie. any bad behavior will be taken care of immediately!
    now how about a shot of whiskey to go with that beer?

Anonymous

Bloody Mary for me, thanks!!!

———————————————
    “I will make your neck a chalice and drink deep.” -Spike (James Marsters)

“We are the Powerful.” -Lestat

“I will suck every drop of your juice.” -Vlad

Anonymous

no, no. not whiskey. A drop of the old Russian rocket fuel’ll do me!!
    …Bloody Mary?? haven’t had one of them in years!!!

Anonymous

*opens her purse and jangles it*

Oh, darn, I haven’t got any money left and no credit cards. I’m tapped, who’s buying now?

Anonymous

Allow me.

Nosferatu stares at the bartender mystically and waves his hand

You will give us drinks for free.

Bartender/Watto flies over and says
    “NO,I WON’T!!”

You will gives us drinks for free.

“NO,I WON’T!! WHAT? YOU THINK YOUR A JEDI OR SOMETHING?!!”

Actually, I’m a vampire, but…

“SHUT UP! MIND TRICKS DON’T WORK ON ME!! ONLY MONEY!”

All I have are Republic Credits…

“THEN SCREW YOU!!”

Oh, well, sorry girls. I tried.

———————————————

“I will suck every drop of your juice.” -Vlad

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

quote:

ok lets have another pitcher and figure out ways to make the men in our lives remember the important stuff. [/QB]

Too easy. Put up reminder notices in three places.

1) Back of the toilet door
    2) Back of the Front Door
    3) Back of the exit at work

Anonymous

i’d try sending him lots of text messages, but that only works if he turns the bloody phone on!!! just sent him 3…

oh, go on- i’ll get these, can’t be doing without my beer- and besides, i feel i owe everyone one!! cheers!!

Anonymous

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE
    Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse
    When you’re chewin’ on life’s gristle
    Don’t grumble, give a whistle
    And this’ll help things turn out for the best, and…

Always look on the bright side of life
    Always look on the light side of life

When life seems jolly rotten, there’s something you’ve forgotten
    And that’s to laugh and smile and dance and sing
    When you’re feeling in the dumps, don’t be silly chumps
    Just purse your lips and whistle, that’s the thing, and…

Always look on the right side of life

For life is quite absurd and death’s the final word
    You must always face the curtain with a bow
    Forget about your sin, give the audience a grin,
    Enjoy it it’s your last chance, anyhow, so…

Always look on the bright side of death
    Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life’s a piece of **** when you look at it
    Life’s a laugh and death’s a joke it’s true
    You’ll see it’s all a show, keep ‘em laughing as you go
    Just remember that the last laugh is on you, and…

Always look on the right side of life

Always look on the bright side of life…….

And now for something completely different…

Sit on my face and tell me that you love me
    I’ll sit on your face and tell you I love you
    I love to hear you oralise
    When I’m between your thighs
    You blow me away
    Sit on my face, and let my lips embrace you
    I’ll sit on your face and then I love you truly
    Life can be fine if we both sixty-nine
    If we sit on our faces and all sorts of places and play till we’re blown away……

Anonymous

That is totally awesome!!

Hey, do the song from the Meaning of Life. I think it goes “Just remember that your standing on Planet that’s revolving…”
    Something like that.

———————————————

“I will suck every drop of your juice.” –Vlad

Anonymous

OK… I’ll have a listen to my CD and post the words next time I’m here…..

Any other requests (no guarantees…)?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.