Best Episode Ever

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Noodleman
    Participant

Ok ok ok, So we all have our fav moment of RD, But whice do you like the most? (If you diss polymorph, you get to sit in the corner with rimmer)
    Which is your fav series, there are a few to choose from now, lol. ?

——————
    “Sir, your a SmEEeeEEeeEE”

Anonymous

You wouldn’t guess: my fave episode is Thanks for the Memory. And second best has to be DNA, Back to Reality and Psyrens.
    And wich episode had this black-and-white bit about Liester playing Marlow in VR game?

DalekTek790
    Participant

“Waiting for God,” because it is the only “Red Dwarf” episode in which the cerebral satire outweighed the cheap jokes and sight gags. “Polymorph” is a close second (BECAUSE of the sight gags ). The worst episode is without a doubt “Meltdown.”

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Noodleman
    Participant

Yea ok , so back to reality was ok,
    I mean the line about lister remembering what a man is. lol. Or rather should i say forgetng. Hey guys you know much abour the release of the RD film?? Kepp posted for full details!

Noodleman
    Participant

Ok, So meltdown wasn’t so ht. And polymorph only a 2nd!!!!! ,Na you mean 1st! Polymorph rules! Nothing like the lister line” I’M GONNA TWAT IT” lol.

crusader
    Participant

I have only seen S8 bekos I dident now about Red Dwarf until then! Well I got the skripts from internet so I have read them al!!!

Il whrithe my favorites (Not that anybody will se it!!! This place is dead like the grave)

The beast Iv seen was “Only the good…”
    and the beast Iv read was “The End”!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Tod
    Participant

Backwards was the best episode for me, it had me crying with laughter, especially the Cat at the end!!!

Anonymous

Fav episode? Series 1 – not one episode stands out, but they’re all great character studies. At a stretch I’d say ‘Waiting For God’. The same goes for series 2 but ‘Thank’s for The Memory’ is the best. Three? Many classics but my favourite is ‘Marooned’ 4? Justice. 5? Back To Reality
    6? Gunmen 7? Stoke Me A Clipper 8? Cassandra Best series? 2/7

Noodleman
    Participant

They are all great, And the cat at the end. lol. A classic RD moment that will go down in hostory!!!!

Anonymous

Nobody has mentioned Blue or Parallel Universe. The famouse (infamouse) Red Dwarf songs.

I can’t resist the classic ‘Arnold’ from Blue in Season 7:

quote:

If you’re in trouble he will save the day,
    He’s brave and he’s fearless come what may,
    Without him the mission would go astray.

He’s Arnold, Arnold Arnold Rimmer,
    Without him life would be much grimmer,
    He’s handsome trim and no-one’s slimmer,
    He will never need a Zima.

He’s Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer,
    More reliable than a garden strimmer,
    He’s never been mistaken for Yule Brinner,
    He’s not bald and his head doesn’t glimmer.

Master of the Whit and the repartee,
    His command of space directives is uncanny,
    How come he’s such a genius,
    Don’t ask me.

He’s Arnold, Arnold Arnold Rimmer,
    He’s also a fantastic swimmer,
    And if you play you’re cards right
    He might come round for dinner.

——————

crusader
    Participant

OK!!! Meyby it wasent DEAD!!!

Im angry that I missed the outher episodes but atlist I could read it!!!

And I agree!!! Backwards WAS great!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is that how you spell famouse?

Tongue-tied was a great song
    I always liked the old Holly (Norman Lovett), and it was good to see him back for the last series. His mobile trolley was a great prop that I wish they hadn’t dropped. Nice to see a return of the scutters too.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    Is that how you spell famouse?

Haha, are you kidding, you know me Cat, can’t speel to save my life especially when drunk

——————

Anonymous
    Inactive

*Cat spends a happy half hour chasing famice*

rockrolf
    Participant

My fav RD ep is probably Backwards. There are so many good episodes though and this could change based on my mood.

Tom

Anonymous

They don’t play RD anymore where I am, so I have to buy them. I just bought three episodes of season 6, so my new favourite is Legion…. I will rewatch them all this week and pick my favourites. My least favourite is Marooned.

Anonymous

I forgot to register before I posted the above!!! p.s. Anyone can email me if you want to talk about RD…!

Anonymous

Favourite Episode…..thats a tough one.

I’d say Gunmen of the Apocalypse, although others in the running include Polymorph and Back to Reality.

Best moment in any episode would have to be right at the end of Backwards when the cat emerges from the bushes……

Anonymous

i like “Legion” because of the anti-matter chopsticks,that mimosian wine and the ultra funny “light switch” part.

oh yeah and the red alert bulb.

Anonymous

Well, I love Quarantine (Rimmer is priceless, and so was his little penguin puppet pal). Backwards is another fave .(I’m with MUD, the last bit when Cat comes out of the bushes is a riot- I snarfed Dr. Pepper out my nose the first time I saw that bit. LOVE the expression.) Blue and the Arnold tune was another laugh-til-it-hurts moment, but I really get a kick out of the Ace Rimmer episodes. “Smoke me a kipper–I’ll be back for breakfast.”

Peace-
    summerdaysands

——————
    “And the sandcastle virtues are all swept away, in the tidal destruction, the moral melee.” Jethro Tull

Anonymous

If you’re a Rimmer fan (or at least closet sympathizer) it has to be ‘Terrorform’ It really shows some of the depth in his character and also excuses some of his nastier moments in episodes that have gone before.
    (also great taranshula scene. . .)

‘It’s in my boxers! I think it’s making a nest!!!!’

Anonymous

Best ep: Marooned
    Worst ep: There is no worst episode!
    Best series: 2/6/8
    Worst series: There is no worst series!

~Another semi-intelligent post by:~
    ~Fuchal~

Anonymous

it would have to be them going back to assasinate the president

Anonymous

Now most of you may think that the episode I liked most was “Holoship” but in fact I think that “Krytie TV” is my fave, then “Gunmen of the Apocalypse”. The worst was “Kryten” mostly due to the fact that it wasn’t Bob Llewellyn in the mask (although it’s redeeming value to me is the fact that my fave actor Tony Slattery provided the voices for the androids in the neighbors parody in the beginning.)

Flamegrape
    Participant

I’ve finally seen all of the episodes of Red Dwarf and I still can’t decide! They are all great!

Anonymous

I’m with Flamegrape – I love them all!!! My God, I’m really gonna have to get back to you with an answer. Oh no, it looks like I’ll have to watch my 30+ hours of Red Dwarf tapes again. *sigh* Life’s tough sometimes…

Anonymous

Okay, I think I’ve made some decisions… fave episodes would be ‘Blue’ (due to the song and the kiss…), ‘Cassandra’ and……. oh dear, I don’t know! I’m very bad at making decisions…

Anonymous

Aha, actually I’ve compiled a whole list of all the episodes and scores out of ten for them (aren’t I sad? lol). The only 10 goes to Krytie TV for being absolutely hilarious, and 9s go to :

Gunmen of the Apocalypse (funny and interesting, like watching a short film!)

Back To Reality (excellent plot! But please no more Dwane Dibbly)

Only The Good (again very funny, and a brilliant ending, well apart from Rimmer’s death(?))

Cassandra (brilliant series 8 humour. This is almost as funny as Krytie TV, possibly 2nd funniest episode ever)

Backwards (ya gotta love this! Sure, it’s the same joke repeated but nicely done)

I used to like Polymorph a lot but I’ve watched it waaaay to many times. The jokes wear off after a bit. The bazookoid bolts thing at the end was a cheap plot device, and Rimmer’s mum was naff. Kryten was terrible, and occasionally the emotions were poorly shown. Still, it warrants an 8!

My worst episode is Meltdown. Where were the jokes? I like all episodes other than this, all other episodes have some good in them but I didn’t enjoy Meltdown whatsoever.

Other dodgy episodes are :

Balance of Power (this is actually good except for a silly 10 minute argument between Lister & Rimmer)

Beyond A Joke (what was the simulant saying?! A bit dull in places)

Demons & Angels (the characters were horrible)

Waiting For God (OK I like this more now but it wasn’t the best I’ve seen)

And now I shall shut my gob. Lol. Btw, the series in order, srating with the best are :

Series 8
    Series 6
    Series 5
    Series 2
    Series 3
    Series 1
    Series 4
    Series 7

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can’t say which is my favourite episode, but it was DNA that first really got me into it after years of scorn for the series — I was a huge Black Adder fan and found Red Dwarf’s humour witless in comparison. I guess that it was the total anarchy of DNA that won me over — the Vindaloo monster was hilarious! It’s a series where absolutely anything can happen.

My favourite segment has to be the beginning of Stoke Me a Clipper — even my friends who all hate Red Dwarf loved that sequence when I showed it to them.

I really like Demons and Angels and RimmerWorld and many, many more. Great show!

BTW, this post’s emoticon expresses well my journey towards becoming a Red Dwarf fan.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.