Best of ….. Poll

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Name your favourite episode in each of the Seasons of Lexx, one and only one.

Mine are;
    Season 1 – I Worship His Shadow
    Season 2 – Brigadoom
    Season 3 – Gondola
    Season 4 – Magic Baby

Anonymous

One and only one? Oh, I like them all!

S1: Gigashadow
    S2: Nook
    S3: Battle
    S4 so far: Vlad

DalekTek790
    Participant

Lexx 1: I Worship His Shadow
    Lexx 2: Mantrid
    Lexx 3: Fire and Water
    Lexx 4: Texx Lexx

Anonymous

Season 1 – Eating Pattern… Good story, weird and rutger hauer.

Season 2 – Mantrid… Best graphics of this season. Mantrid is better in this episode than in the rest.

Season 3 – Gametown… Kai plays that game. I have only seen the 3 first eps from this season.

Season 4 – X… Haven’t seen anything from this season.

[ 01-12-2001: Message edited by: Theli ]

Anonymous

Season one- I Worship His Shadow
    Season two- Brigadoom
    Season three- Battle
    Season four- P4X (So far. Only 4 eps have been shown in the Uk to date.)

Anonymous

Oh man…only one? ‘Tis cruel you are…

Season 1 : I Worship His Shadow
    Season 2 : Brigadoom
    Season 3 : Battle
    Season 4 : Vlad (so far)

Anonymous

My favorites, which seem to change constantly, include:

Season 1: “Eating Pattern” for its consistently twisted black comedy, not to mention the sterling performances of Rutger Hauer, Doreen Jacobi, Hans Dieter Bruckner and Holger Kunkel. Of course, we can’t forget Jeffrey Hirschfield and Lex Giggerof as Feemak and Coozunk, respectively.

Season 2: Here, I have to cheat a little and choose the two episode arc “Web/Net” – I like to think of this as a two parter anyway. Love a good mystery and appreciated the nod to Kurosawa. Was also very impressed with the performance of Brian Downey.

Season 3: A tossup between “Boomtown” and “Battle” with the nod going to the former if only because of the presence of Ralph Brown and the actress who played Peach.

Season 4: Another tossup between P4X (who can resist a good spoof of the women-in-prison genre) and “Magic Baby”, with the nod going to the later, again primarily due to the performance of Downey. Xev’s death, and his reaction to it, was quite touching.

Anonymous

Well for season 2 the last episode was my favorite–just everything coming to a head and them destroying the universe and all…I was enthralled for the entire episode!

DalekTek790
    Participant

How come Battle is so popular here when in the “Worst episode” thread it was one of the most mentioned?

Anonymous

Lots of Xev in Battle, DaleckTek. Her interaction with Prince, her reaction to her past, and the way she manages to stay ethical throughout. The walk in the desert and music accompanying it is one of the best scenes in science fiction.

dgrequeen
    Participant

1. I Worship His Shadow

2. A toss up between Wake The Dead and Mantrid.

3. K-Town

4. so far, Magic Baby

Flamegrape
    Participant

Series 1 : Eating Pattern
    Series 2 : Lafftrack
    Series 3 : Battle
    Series 4 : P4X

NEW EDIT, 13 DECEMBER 2001 (2010?)

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

I’m stuck in 2010! I’ve been unable to post any messages or send any private emails here at SadBoard! I’ve been looking for any of my messages with “2010” timestamped on them but to no avail. Please help!

[ 13-12-2001: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    NEW EDIT, 13 DECEMBER 2001 (2010?)

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!

I’m stuck in 2010! I’ve been unable to post any messages or send any private emails here at SadBoard! I’ve been looking for any of my messages with “2010” timestamped on them but to no avail. Please help!

Relax Sir or Maam (Come to think of it, what are you Flamegrape?), this is Lt. Bechtel of the US Coast Guard Time Travel Rescue Unit. Now all you have to do to get back to 2001 is delete any posts you made in 2010 and then you can post agian, we thought we got em all, oops. Now the step is telling me the scores for the next 9 Super Bowls, or the numbers for the next big Powerball Lottery.

Oops didn’t see that part about you not finding any of your 2010 posts. Well I spent the last half hour serching for any files and couldn’t find any. Sorry

[ 14-12-2001: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    Relax Sir or Maam (Come to think of it, what are you Flamegrape?), this is Lt. Bechtel of the US Coast Guard Time Travel Rescue Unit. Now all you have to do to get back to 2001 is delete any posts you made in 2010 and then you can post agian, we thought we got em all, oops. Now the step is telling me the scores for the next 9 Super Bowls, or the numbers for the next big Powerball Lottery.

Oops didn’t see that part about you not finding any of your 2010 posts. Well I spent the last half hour serching for any files and couldn’t find any. Sorry[ 14-12-2001: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

I did nothing and now things work again. Don’t ask me how.

Anonymous

Dumb time-warping SabBoard! You think you’re so smart, eh? Well I post my message again!

Series 1: K-Town
    Series 2: K-Town
    Series 3: K-Town
    Series 4: K-Town

Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

So there!

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I did nothing and now things work again. Don’t ask me how.

One of the mods must’ve found the bum post and deleted it.

Anonymous

Season 1 – I worship his shadow
    Season 2 – Lafftrak
    Season 3 – Battle
    Season 4 – Xevivor

Honourable mentions for S2 and S3 for The Key, Vlad and P4X.

Cheers, Ydna.

Anonymous

Season 1 – Supernova
    Season 2 – Wake The Dead
    Season 3 – Boomtown (I’m dirty…)
    Season 4 – Cannot see season 4 until Channel 5 show it

Anonymous

Season One Gigashadow
    Season Two Brigadoom
    Season Three Tunnels
    Season Four Magic Baby

Anonymous

Season One: I Worship His Shadow
    Season Two: Patches in the Sky
    Season Three: Gondola
    Season Four: Walpurgis Night

Anonymous

1) Supernova; Original homeworld of the brunninG, Time Prophet getting to talk to stanley from the past, Stanley getting it yet again from a guy, Tim Curry, who could want more.

2) Luvliner; one of my top 5 overall, Jeff Pustil original ep.

3) The Beach; Probably my favorite ep period.

4) Vlad

Anonymous

Season Two: End of the Universe
    Season Three: Gondola
    Season Four: P4X

Anonymous

Season Two: *the cursor blinks as she thinks, they are all so good…hrmmm*I guess, Brigadoom. It illicited the most emotion from me.

Season Three: Battle

Season Four: Vlad *I could watch it again and again, really enjoyed it*

Anonymous

erm, ok, after some thought:

Season 1: GigaShadow
    Season 2: Wake the Dead
    Season 3: Gametown
    Season 4: so far, P4X, tho I’m hesitant to choose one before they’re all on the table

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by elfkin:
    Season 4: so far, P4X, tho I’m hesitant to choose one before they’re all on the table

that’s my girl; always keep your options open, and never toss out a boyfriend unless you have another one waiting in the wings …*sniff* makes me proud, she does

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

that’s my girl; always keep your options open, and never toss out a boyfriend unless you have another one waiting in the wings …*sniff* makes me proud, she does

I’m glad I’m living up to your high expectations, FX. There is no better compliment

Weeee! *flings goo at FX* I miss you guys…

Anonymous

S1: Supernova
    S2: Wake the Dead/Brigadoom
    S3: Boomtown
    S4: Midsummer’s Nightmare

Anonymous

1. Wake The Dead
    2. Terminal
    3. Magic Baby
    4. Vlad
    5. Texx Lexx

Anonymous

Season 1:Giga Shadow
    Season 2:Stan’s Trial
    Season 3:Gondola
    Season 4(so far):769

Anonymous

Season 1:
    I Worship His Shadow – This beats out Gigashadow in terms of Eva Habermann spending slightly less time crying. It’s also an excellent introduction to the series, in that – looking back – it seems to be slightly LESS odd then the rest of the season, which all contained some downright surreal moments.

Season 2:
    Brigadoom – without a doubt, an instant singable classic, Kai’s backstory, Stan’s rise to bravery and Patricia Zentilli singing. Excellent stuff.

Season 3:
    Heaven & Hell – Nigel Bennett, having thoroughly warmed to the character of Prince at this point, is superb – particularly in the scenes where he’s hanging from the moth. I’m with Jules Taylor here, too – the scene with Prince in white and Kai in black striding across the rocky desert inside Fire is one of the most visually stunning moments of all sci-fi series.

Season 4:
    Texx Lexx just about clinches it so far, I think. This was quite hard, although there’s been a lot of good episodes there haven’t been any GREAT ones. Seems they’re going for a longer run of consistently better-than-average rather than the hit-and-miss attitude of Series 2, or the brilliant but overly-short approach of series 3. Texx Lexx has Xev in mode two of three (demure sex kitten), Kai mooching around on his own, and some wonderful reparteé between Stan and Prince, the former still clearly smarting from his ordeals on Fire.

Anonymous

My Favorites from Series/Season’s 1-4 are as follows:

Series 1) Eating Pattern
    Series 2) Twilight
    Series 3) May
    Series 4) I can’t say that any one yet strikes me as being amazing, maybe P4X, or Fluff Daddy, Bad Carrot or I don’t know…the quality has lapsed though it still is Lexx. I hope they pick it up some, and soon.

By the way Aleck, I AM a Canadian and on the back of my DVD’s is the word Series. I know that it is confusing and maybe easier to say season, but I think that it sounds different to call each sequence of episodes a Series and the show a show.

Anonymous

Here’s mine, with Season 4 just being the best so far:
    (1) I Worship His Shadow
    (2) Wake The Dead
    (3) Heaven & Hell
    (4) P4X

…and *this* subject below just keeps getting bounced around from thread to thread.

quote:

Originally posted by Fred:
    By the way Aleck, I AM a Canadian and on the back of my DVD’s is the word Series. I know that it is confusing and maybe easier to say season, but I think that it sounds different to call each sequence of episodes a Series and the show a show.

Yeah, I know. I proof-read the copy. It says “series” on the back because the same packaging is being used in Canada for the Koch releases, and we didn’t want them to have to go in and change the text on all the releases. Just because it says “series” on the back of the DVDs, though, doesn’t mean that it’s the only right option. It sounds odd to you for it to be called a “season” because it’s not something you’re accustomed to — it’s a US custom. Just as, like I said before, it sounds odd in the US for someone to say “in the third series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” Neither are wrong, both are correct. It just depends on where you are.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Listen to this Aleck. I call every other television series a series that has season’s, except Lexx and Red Dwarf. I live in Canada, but I wish, for the sake of seeing new episodes of Lexx a week ahead, I could live in the states. That is how crazy I am about the show. But I admit, it does sound a lot easier to call seasons what they are, seasons. I just do not do it for the two aforementioned shows.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    Listen to this Aleck. I call every other television series a series that has season’s, except Lexx and Red Dwarf. I live in Canada, but I wish, for the sake of seeing new episodes of Lexx a week ahead, I could live in the states. That is how crazy I am about the show. But I admit, it does sound a lot easier to call seasons what they are, seasons. I just do not do it for the two aforementioned shows.

That’s cool. I don’t want to sound like I was saying you’re wrong…You just gave the impression that people in the States who called the latest batch of LEXX episodes “seasons” were wrong, and both terms are acceptable. And I wasn’t saying that *you* in particular used the term “series” for any other show…I was just using the UK standard term as an example (I’ve seen UK sites call “seasons” of US shows “series”).

And, for LEXX as well as any number of UK shows (Blackadder, Red Dwarf, etc.), the term “series” makes a good bit of sense. Each bunch of episodes has a logical beginning and end, which makes the term “series” more applicable (unlike something like Seinfeld or The Simpsons, in which there’s no real reason for the division…episodes from 3 years apart can be shown back-to-back with no real problem).

But, anyway, I don’t want to come across like I’m jumping down your throat, ‘cuz that wasn’t my intention.

–Aleck

Anonymous

Aleck, as my brother says, it’s all good. No hard feelings.

Anonymous

1) Havent seen any yet
    2) Norb
    3) Gondola
    4) The Game

Anonymous

Season 1: I Worship His Shadow. I loved the 1984-theme, and this was an awesome movie and beginning to the wonderful series.

Season 2: Brigadoom. I don’t usually watch musicals, but this one was amazing and quite touching revealing Kai’s background.

Season 3: Heaven and Hell. I love the talk between Kai and Prince, Prince’s temptation of Xev, and the scene where Stan wakes up after Xev blows up the planets.

Season 4: Yo Way Yo. A great ending, with comedy, seriousness, and a bittersweet ending. Runners-up would be The Game and Trip. The chess game was lovely, and the scene of Kai and Stan in bed, telling Xev “you don’t have a clue how to please a man!” is priceless.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.