Best & Worst Effects

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Best & Worst Effects

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

What is your favourite and least favourite Special Effect from Lexx?

Best – The Cityscape when the crew first go aboard the lexx across that bridge.

Worst – The enterance to the memmory catacombs is a pencil drawing colored in with felt tips. Apalling!

Anonymous

Hmmm.. Lets see, worst effects-
    it must be the destruction of the cluster. When you see the towers crash and some fire covers abit of the screen. It looks really bad, not textures at all.

Best Effects?
    Well, I like the vortex the Lexx flies out of at the destruction of the light universe.
    The excact same effect appears earlier in “2.1-Mantrid”. That looks really good.

And of course, when our heroes flies in a balloon from Water to Fire in “3.2-May”. Where you can see the planets atmospheres flow together. I love that scene!

Anonymous

Best: Near the beginning of “Fire and Water” where Prince and henchmen are in a balloon headed for the Lexx and we first see the shot of the Lexx in orbit between the two planets. Fantastic and very realistic looking shot.

Worst: I agree with JumpingJedi’s choice. Another not so stellar effect, also from “Supernova”, was the big chasm in the floor in the room with the touch panels used for controlling the giant stabilizers.

Anonymous

I agree about the huge entrance bridge in IWHS. On the DVD, in one of the documentaries, some of the alternative backgrounds for the bridge are shown and the special effects ppl definitely picked the right one.

I also liked the effects when the Lexx escapes from the Cluster and flies directly over the stadium, the shadow created and the details on the Lexx are fantastic. Ooh, and I liked the face made out of Mantrid drones in End of the Universe.

Worst? Well, Lyekka’s pod always looks fake to me.

Bascule
    Participant

Hmmm. I agree that the Thodin/Kai fight on the bridge was verr good…but I think the opening battle of IWHS has to be the most spectacular and perfectly-timed bit of Lexx ever ever. It’s clearly where most of the budget went; that’s why a lot of the Cluster was built from balsa wood.

Worst: probably anything from the 4th series. But I would say that, I’m in a BadLexxMood, having just seen Xevivor last night. Urrrgh. Never again.

DalekTek790
    Participant

The best effect would be in I Worship His Shadow where Kai fires his brace at His Divine Shadow. There’s an effect that looks almost like eyes, then the body falls over. The skull cap falls off, and we see the Insect essence coiled up inside. It looks really eerie. Then it unravels and flies over to Kai. If you look closely at the sequence where the essence is swirling around Kai, you can see translucent jointed insect legs trying to strangle him. A remarkable effect.

The worst effect would be in Battle, the, er, battle. In several shots the lighting on the balloons is perceptively different from the lighting on the characters. Sometimes the matte lines were even visible!

dgrequeen
    Participant

There are lots of good effects, and some not so good. The one I liked best was Lexx emerging into the Dark Zone after the destruction of the Light Universe. Have to agree with Theli on that one. To me, just the concept was a piece of art.

The one I like least is Kai being yanked around on a cord by Vlad. Somehow, it just lacked weight, and the figure animation wasn’t done very well, especially the scene on the roof of the castle.

Anonymous

Best – I loved the effects on Supa Nova when they were walking through the city type place, they were so corny which was what I liked about it and what I liked about LEXX.

Worst – When that girl turned into a Snake thing in Eating Pattern, it looked Rubbish and didn’t look threatening at all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.