Best & Worst episodes from season three?……

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Best & Worst episodes from season three?……

• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Thought season 3 was fantastic overall but I wonder what were people’s best & worst episodes?
    I’d have to say the best was 3.13 Heaven & Hell (LEXX ALWAYS delivers during season finales)
    The worst, I thought was 3.12 The Beach. It looked fantastic but was pretty plotless.
    I’d love to know what you think….

——————
    “Prick your finger it is done. The moon has now eclipsed the sun. The angel has spread it’s wings, the time has come for better things…”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Mercury:
    The worst, I thought was 3.12 The Beach. It looked fantastic but was pretty plotless.
    I’d love to know what you think….

Yep! I definately agree…. but it DID look really wonderful. That’s the problem that LEXX has with the more trek oriented sci fi fans, LEXX is graphically stunning (among other things) and I think that some peeps would prefer to see the odd, ‘subspace anomaly’ than the graphical beauty that is LEXX.

My fave episode was probably Gondola for all the same reasons

Now if you were to ask which episode was the biggest turn on – the answer would be waaaaay different ๐Ÿ™‚

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

Best- Lexx 3.01: Fire and Water

Worst- Lexx 3.11: Girltown

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

I was very fond of Gondola, I really enjoyed MM animated and half nekked. The Key is an episode that keeps slipping into my thoughts. It was a lot better than I first thought. There were so many nuances in Kai’s expressions and in Prince/Xev’s as well.
    Garden is in my opinion the worst one. I liked Battle, the scenery was fabulous and so were the graphics. I guess my second least favorite was May. Stan and Xev really were annoying.

[This message has been edited by nwmonikr (edited February 19, 2001).]

crusader
    Participant

I have the last 4 episodes here in my hands now! (I got it from the post office today!) I havent seen them yet (Im relooking at series 3 from the start first) so I may change my mind later but fore now!!!

Best: 3.5 Gondola (Speaks fore it delf)

Worst: 3.9 Garden (Long minutes, nothing happening!!! The only episode I waited fore to end!!!)

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Best: 3.5 Gondola (Speaks fore it delf)

Worst: 3.9 Garden (Long minutes, nothing happening!!! The only episode I waited fore to end!!!)

[/B]

i definitely agree with garden being the worst, i guess tunnels sticks out the most in my mind as well as k-town ( for other than the obvious reasons! ) so i’ll call those the best of season 3

Anonymous

I think of season 3 episodes as being strong or weak rather than best and worst.I thought Tunnels was the weakest episode.Though the location used was effective,the plot didn’t really add to the total series.Gondola had it all,moral conflicts,lust,mystery of life on Water and beautiful graphics.It seemed to me to be a pivotal episode.

Bascule
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Best- Lexx 3.01: Fire and Water

Worst- Lexx 3.11: Girltown

Why didn’t you like Girltown, Dalek? It was a bit daft in tone compared to other episodes, sure, but it was great to see Giggerota again

I just wish she’d had her big tongue-worm still…

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Bascule:
    Why didn’t you like Girltown, Dalek? It was a bit daft in tone compared to other episodes, sure, but it was great to see Giggerota again

I just wish she’d had her big tongue-worm still…

i liked girltown too it was a fun bit of fluff especially with the girls throwin g feather boas all over kai and the big mean butch women, i guess for the same reason i liked love grows in 2, and it certainly confirms my ideas about the world if it were run by women gigerotta was fun as always but i would have liked for her to have better dialogue to work with, ellen was really straining to keep the same three lines interesting…as a trekkie, i do miss having a plotline occasionally but i do not miss the cheesy sets and special effects (except for the transporter effect, that still works!) as for the rest, yeah i still think of 3 as filler eppys alternating with excellent eppys, and i still like tunnels, probably because of mantrid…i wish he could be at the uncon

Anonymous

Yes. Here I go, adding in my two cents…
    Uh, I LIKED Girltown. Apart from getting to see the famous musical writer from Brigadoom, (Lexx’s funky brother, Andre’) I got to have another silly musical number!
    I love those musical numbers… frankly, I could live happily if Lexx were made into a Broadway show.

Best of the season?! I must go with K-Town, I haven’t squeeled that much at a TV screen since… since I saw “Wake the Dead”!!!

——————
    “We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars…” Oscar Wilde

[This message has been edited by Rust (edited March 09, 2001).]

Christine Carroll
    Participant

HEHEHEHE!! I have to talk to! I have not seen all the eps but I have to say that K-town and Girltown are the Best!!!! (worst was Battle and anything after it… it was just to much sun and nothing really happened) Its great we get to see Kai in all his naked (Glory) and we get to see those funny man-she people!! And God Kai with a boa, pained look and Gay men hanging off him is just to much !!! HEHEHE (MM looked great in K-town!! ) YUM YUM !!! ( I;m Drooling on the screen here!!! bye all!!! love ya!!!

——————
    “to err is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

“Look for me by the moonlight-
    Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,

though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

Excerpt from “Exquisite Corpse” by Poppy Brite

“Late in the year,New Orleans still has its hot days. In the slave quaters, Jay and Tran blossomed like the giant stinking carrion-flowers that grow in humid jungles. Their ravaged abdomens swelled and burst like red-petals, a jubliee of rot. Their putrescent fluids pooled on the concrete floor and in the hollows of their disintegrating bodies. …Their faces, c**** and B**** grew into shapeless masses of blackened flesh. Swollen tongues like ball gags forced their jaws wide. Organs tumbled out of their bodies like distended winebags. From their decomposition rose wisps of steam and soft wet sounds of gaseous intimacy….Tran fell out of his binding straps and melted slowly into Jay’s ribcage. A large, faintly iridescent stain ate up the concrete floor around them. Their eyes were black caverns.They gave birth to worms, generation after generation, until their bodies were covered as if in a living blanket. Soon they were picked clean, their bones an ivory sculpture-puzzle shining in the dark, waiting to tell their mute love story.

Anonymous

I’d have to throw my vote for ‘Gametown’ as one of the best eps for Series 3 – Bunny and Fifi kill me. Hey, I never knew Kai was such a sports enthusiast either. He could give some much needed kick to a few failing teams in my town…

Worst one has gotta be Beaches (snore). Flashbacks used as plot fillers? Blech.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.