BlackCloud UnCon Connection

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx BlackCloud UnCon Connection

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Well good news people. We can expect a complete and total blow by blow of the 2002 UnCon from our own beloved moderator BlackCloud. Yes even as we speak she is skipping around in Halifax taking in the sights and sounds.

After a last minute flurry of preparations Blackie took a cab to the airport on Thursday afternoon. She called me after she was underway and I of course wished her luck and told her to take good notes for her after con report. : )

My, my, my. What a flurry of fussing that evoked. “Frey! You didn’t tell me I had to do a report!! No one said anything about a report!” she protested.

Once she calmed down, and admitted that she might not have gone if she had known about the report, and I pointed out to her that that was why I didn’t mention it…. She then admitted that she had both camera and note recorder, so that it should not be too much of a problem. I told her that she could call me when she got home and we would hammer it out together if need be.

So, we should be getting a decent report from our very own Blackie. Yeah!!

Anonymous

Great, can’t wait to read it.

Camera and note recorder eh? She probably figured you’d be up to something.

elmey

theFrey
    Participant

Yeah, I figured that she protested too much. I think you are right, she knew I was laying for her.

Anonymous

I hope she made it through Customs this time!!

(Still has visions of the Customs agent slapping on the rubber gloves!)

Anonymous

Nyah, I wuz framed I tells ya. I don’ ‘memba coppin’ to nothin’ She’s spinnin’ ya’ns, weavin’ a tale, pullin’ the wool ova youse guys’ eyes. I pleads the fifth! And, hell no, Micro, I didn’t get through customs; do I ever?!? Ugh! I must look like I came to take over the country with my one carry on and one piece of luggage. Blasted hyperwet-behind-the-ears-neonazi-fascist-son-of-the-anitchrist keep me waiting in immigration for almost two hours! Why? Because I didn’t have an itinerary. Well, exSQUEEEEEEZE ME for being spontaneous [apparently, a crime in his young mind]. Of course, I had to give him Frey’s website and this one to prove my Lexx involvement [how the heck can soooooo many people in such a small city not hear of one of its own exports?]. Of course, having never seen the show or seen any of its related websites, he will read this post, print it, and I’ll end up in Canadian post offices from St.John’s to Vancouver. He single-handedly destroyed the image of the welcoming, “nice,” friendly Canadian and I told him so [not bright but it was almost 2am and he’d already used the word ‘onus’ in our discussion over two dozen times! ] Ack, I’m collapsin’ with sleep over m’ keyboard, the sun’s up! Nite/morning y’all!

******************BlackCloud*****************

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    keep me waiting in immigration for almost two hours! Why? Because I didn’t have an itinerary. Well, exSQUEEEEEEZE ME for being spontaneous [apparently, a crime in his young mind]. Of course, I had to give him Frey’s website and this one to prove my Lexx involvement ******************BlackCloud*****************

Wierdness, did he look them up? What was he after? Info on the convention?

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

And, hell no, Micro, I didn’t get through customs; do I ever?!? Ugh! I must look like I came to take over the country with my one carry on and one piece of luggage. ******************BlackCloud*****************

You mean you are not a bolivan terriorist?
    *thefrey is sooooo disapointed*

mandara k
    Participant

Ya should have motored with us. With the Shaggin’ wagon we drove up in we could have transported 5 illegals and a few kilos and whatever else. Security? huh? And we blasted there and back 90-100 mph no mounties to be seen. I do say they need some serious work on the highways in Nova Scotia; but the Maine highways; pfft. Around Bangor-( we called it Bangor? We don’t even know her) Maine we needed a four-wheel drive; it was dirt roads.

Anonymous

ACK!! BC!! You mean you didn’t make sure to line your suitcase with feminine products to end the search faster?!?! You didn’t have any LEXX-related products with familiar faces on them so this little boy could say “Yeah, I think I’ve seen this one around town…. who is he?”

He used ‘onus’ a dozen times in his conversation?? Sound like he’d just learned a new word-of-the-day and YOU had to suffer for it!!

quote:

Nyah, I wuz framed I tells ya. I don’ ‘memba coppin’ to nothin’ She’s spinnin’ ya’ns, weavin’ a tale, pullin’ the wool ova youse guys’ eyes. I pleads the fifth! And, hell no, Micro, I didn’t get through customs; do I ever?!? Ugh! I must look like I came to take over the country with my one carry on and one piece of luggage. Blasted hyperwet-behind-the-ears-neonazi-fascist-son-of-the-anitchrist keep me waiting in immigration for almost two hours! Why? Because I didn’t have an itinerary. Well, exSQUEEEEEEZE ME for being spontaneous [apparently, a crime in his young mind]. Of course, I had to give him Frey’s website and this one to prove my Lexx involvement [how the heck can soooooo many people in such a small city not hear of one of its own exports?]. Of course, having never seen the show or seen any of its related websites, he will read this post, print it, and I’ll end up in Canadian post offices from St.John’s to Vancouver. He single-handedly destroyed the image of the welcoming, “nice,” friendly Canadian and I told him so [not bright but it was almost 2am and he’d already used the word ‘onus’ in our discussion over two dozen times! ] Ack, I’m collapsin’ with sleep over m’ keyboard, the sun’s up! Nite/morning y’all!

******************BlackCloud*****************

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

Wierdness, did he look them up? What was he after? Info on the convention?

Sorry it took so long to reply, you know what RL is treating me to right now. But, anyway, yes, his lawdship got around to looking the sites up after processing the entire line in back of me. Since this line included half a dozen children he had to interview personally, to ensure they weren’t being kidnapped across the border, I had to wait until it was almost 2am! [my plane arrived at midnight] Sorry, no Bolivian connection. Haagen-Dazs, maybe; I can put the fear of God into a pint of H-D but I’d make a lousy drug lord. I tell you, gov’t workers with a tiny smidgen of power are the worse creatures on Earth! [says she who happens to be a recovering gov’t creature ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Micromary:
    ACK!! BC!! You mean you didn’t make sure to line your suitcase with feminine products to end the search faster?!?! You didn’t have any LEXX-related products with familiar faces on them so this little boy could say “Yeah, I think I’ve seen this one around town…. who is he?”

He used ‘onus’ a dozen times in his conversation?? Sound like he’d just learned a new word-of-the-day and YOU had to suffer for it!!

Oh no, Micro, I had femmy stuff just like you suggested images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ] but this Neanderthal didn’t take exception to my baggage. He took exception to the fact that I didn’t have any itinerary. I didn’t have every single second of every minute of every day mapped out with planned activities, all written/typed neatly to present to his anally retentive, overachieving hiney. images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]] Next time, I’ll write everything down, including bathroom breaks, when I plan to scratch my butt, any pimple poppin’ sessions, the odd biting of fingernails, totalmente todo! [Hmmmm, hope Canadian brigs are cozy
    because if I have ‘onus’ boy again, I am one screwed person. If I had a dollar for every time he used that word, I’d still be in Canada, defying immigration laws; yes, his Nazi-ness actually gave me a when-to-leave-country-by date. I’m so nefarious ]

[ 13-08-2002: Message edited by: BlackCloud ]

Anonymous

quote:

[Hmmmm, hope Canadian brigs are cozy
    ]

Well, the cells at the Citadel are about the same size as rooms at O’Brien. SO maybe their modern jails are even bigger.

Anonymous

Oh, that’s not good. Those O’Brien rooms were walk in closet sized! Canadians must have been tiny when that school was built!

FX
    Participant

quote:

[Hmmmm, hope Canadian brigs are cozy
    because if I have ‘onus’ boy again, I am one screwed person. If I had a dollar for every time he used that word, I’d still be in Canada, defying immigration laws; yes, his Nazi-ness actually gave me a when-to-leave-country-by date. I’m so nefarious ]

[ 13-08-2002: Message edited by: BlackCloud ]

nefarious indeed; all those layers of clothing and crystals, you could be a new age bag person…or a wiccan terrorist i certainly had concerns when i met you!

i must say however, that i never once caught you scratching your butt or picking a pimple…i’ll be happy to testify to such if you like…

[ 14-08-2002: Message edited by: FX ]

theFrey
    Participant

I have it on good account that Blackie’s crystals are FASHION accessories. And fashion accessories only.

Yeah right.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.