Bowling For Columbine

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Bowling For Columbine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

Michael Moore just released a new documentary this weekend. Look for it in small art theaters. It’s called Bowling For Columbine[/url].

Be sure to check out a clip from the film called “A Brief History Of America”: http://www.bowlingforcolumbine.com/media/clips/index.php

And don’t forget to check out Michael Moore’s website[/url].

Why is it that all the other western countries had gun-related deaths that number in dozens or maybe the hundreds every year? Yet in the USA, it has always numbered in the thousands?

Discuss.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m a big fan of Mr. Moore! He was, with the possible exception of Sean Connery and all of the other James Bonds, the best 007 ever!

Here’s an interesting article on the film:
    Guardian Unlimited: Bowling for Columbine article

Anyway, I really would like to see Bowling for Columbine, which won the “Special Prize” at this past Cannes Festival, and as Sean Connery might quip after seeing it, “Happinesh ish a Warm Gun Mish Moneypenny.”

Logan

P.S. Lexx fans: Michael Moore thanked Salter Street Films (though not specifically by name as I recall), the production company behind Lexx, at Cannes for their involvement with the film.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Logan:
    P.S. Lexx fans: Michael Moore thanked Salter Street Films (though not specifically by name as I recall), the production company behind Lexx, at Cannes for their involvement with the film.

The credits scroll for the film list Wolfram Tichy as Exec. Producer and someone else from Salter (I forget, and it scrolled by pretty quickly). Alliance Atlantis (who bought out Salter) were one of the companies behind its making (they also did his fairly recent TV show The Awful Truth).

It’s an excellent film. Some have criticized it for not providing a lot of answers to the problems it raises, but I think that this is one of the purposes of the film — to encourage viewers to research and make their own decisions. It’s also been described as an “anti-gun” film, or a “pro-gun control” film. When it’s not. It’s a meditation on why America is such a violent place and why people believe that it’s more violent than it *is*. He never once mentions gun control in the film. It blew me away. It’s definitely Michael Moore’s best film to date.

–Aleck

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.