Breakfast of Champions

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Breakfast of Champions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

This morning I wondered about what weird things people like to have for breakfast and why they like that.

I had my own personal favorite this morning. The two p’s. Pizza and Pop. Okay, it use to be Pizza and Pepsi, which admittedly rolls off the tongue a bit better, but since my de-caffination, it is just pop, in this case Ginger-ale.

I have loved this combo for breakfast since I was small. I loved waking up on Sunday and finding left over Pizza (inna a box!) in the fridge from the adult socializing the night before. And of course, children who did not bother their mother early Sunday morning, were allowed to have a bottle of pop to wash down their cold Pizza. ๐Ÿ˜€ And it must be cold. There were no namby-pamby microwaves back then, and kids of course could not use the oven un-supervised. The weird thing? While I love hot fresh pizza, I shudder at the thought of re-heating pizza. In fact the only thing I like better than hot fresh pizza, is cold pizza! What?! You don’t like cold pizza?!? Weird! ๐Ÿ˜€

So, what is your weird breakfast favorite?

MuadDib
    Participant

I have this strange desire occasionally for fruit loops, coffee and “boil in the bag” sweet and sour chicken!

๐Ÿ˜€

Sidhecafe
    Participant

My boring reply: I eat coffee for breakfast….with soy creamer….and a bit of sugar….

I eat eggs and toast/omlettes other common breakfast foods for dinner…

cause it’s easy and I’m not especially fond of cooking.

Anonymous

Tricked!

I thought this was a thread on Vonnegut’s excellent book. Well since I’ve been bamboozled, I think I should reply “Martini” in homage, but I’ll be honest: Usually a small glass of anything from OJ, to Kool-Aid, to Mt. Dew. I don’t eat at breakfast, I’m never hungry then ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Lunch and Dinner are another story however ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

theFrey
    Participant

Oh come on, I can not be the only person who eats a weird breakfast once in a while. ๐Ÿ™‚

Somewhere out there in ‘geezer land there is some one who occassionally has cold spegettii for breakfast. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

I do like peanut butter on toast with OJ from time to time, it’s actually really damn good, especially if the peanut butter all melts ๐Ÿ˜€

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Ok, ok.. during part of my mis-spent youth my breakfast of champions was either budweiser or a shot of tequila….though I would never recommend that to anyone.

Sidhecafe
    Participant

The boyfriend works the overnight shift and confessed yesterday that he had Chowder and Guiness for breakfast yesterday…which is more like dinner for him…I thought it was gross – made him quesey too.

theFrey
    Participant

I knew a kid from school who while in college use to have cheerios and budwiser occassionally for breakfast. Apparently the idea of eating the cherrios dry when he had no milk did not occur to him.

I personally would hurl trying something like that, but he pointed out that the mornings that it happen, were times when he was still hung over from indulging the night before. He was (at that time) a firm believer in ‘hair of the dog’ remedies and decided that since he was going to drink the beer for his hang over anyhow, he might as well save time by pouring it over his breakfast. YUK! ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ™

YOWAYYO
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

This morning I wondered about what weird things people like to have for breakfast and why they like that.

I had my own personal favorite this morning. The two p’s. Pizza and Pop. Okay, it use to be Pizza and Pepsi, which admittedly rolls off the tongue a bit better, but since my de-caffination, it is just pop, in this case Ginger-ale.

Mmmmm…cold pizza. That’s a classic.

Currently, my boring breakfast consists of a bowl of mixed fruit and a banana. ๐Ÿ™„ I’m tryin’ to work on the ‘ol “spare tire” if you know what I mean.

When I was a young lad, I would look forward to Sundays when my family would congregate at a grandparent’s house (either side of the fam.) My grandma would make fresh flour tortillas, chorizo/eggs, hashbrowns (potatos O’Brien?), maybe some barbacoa (bought from some local food joint) and of course rice n’ beans.

Now that I’m grown and outta the house, I can usually count on my mom to do this every once in a while since she will do just about anything for us kids to stop by for a visit ๐Ÿ˜› Or, I will cook it myself for my wife and I though that is rare (unfortunately.)

I think we Americans do a pretty shitty job with breakfast, on the whole. Anybody still have a nice, leisurely sit-down breakfast with the family during the week anymore?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.