Brigadoom reairs (US only)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Brigadoom reairs (US only)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Tonight at 1am EDT on SciFi.

Anonymous

I’ve never seen it…I started watching Lexx in the middle of season 4 (but I do have the movies and what’s out so far on season 3). It’s hard to not be a bit skeptical(with all the hype ‘n everything)-but I am really looking forward to seeing it…I don’t think I’ll be disappointed!

[ 25-07-2002: Message edited by: Trini_T ]

Anonymous

Hard to find someone who didn’t like it.

I saw it on Sci Fi the first time around, had no idea what was coming and my heart sank when I started smelling a musical. I am NOT a fan of musicals. Got totally sucked in. I loved the way they fit Kai’s story into a stylized theatrical format; you get a sense of him alive without forgetting what he is now.

Stanley’s actions seem so organically woven into the show that I was surprised when I read in an interview with Brian Downey and MM (sorry can’t remember where–someone posted a link) that BD did not want to participate in the musical, that’s why they left him off-stage. I think MM also said that they only rehearsed for one afternoon and then shot the whole thing in 7 days. Pretty amazing (this is from memory so if I’m wrong please correct me.)

Get the DVD if you can, I think SciFi edits out the last verse of the “Dull, Dull, Dull” song and the Trial scene. And some other stuff too now that I think about it.

elmey

Anonymous

I went into this episode thinking it was going to be a total snoozfest. I was totally wrong. It was very well done and very interesting. I was reaching for my tissues. It just pulled at my heart strings. I really loved Stanley’s reaction at the end I always thouhgt he had it in him. I’m I the only one who thinks that Xev looked better with the black hair and plaits than her regular short red hair.

Anonymous

Brigadoom IS something else! I, too think Xev looks stunning as a brunette-I thought that when she was wearing the Cleopatra wig in Viva Lexx Vegas (which I saw practically before anything else). Back to Brigadoom, it seemed entirely obvious how well suited M.M. is to the stage-he and Jeremy were wonderful!BUT-the person/scene that really hit me the most was the Time Prophet! That woman has an extraordinary voice and played it well.That was something I’ve replayed a few times now!The whole thing was beyond a doubt everything everyone said it was! Sometimes it is rewarding to be a newbie!

Jhevz
    Participant

I also thought Brigadoom was an excellent & exciting episode, especially after hearing Michael McManus (Kai) sing the way he did; I also liked the way the actress who portayed my sissy Xev, sang; she also has a very lovely voice; & of course, Stan being Stan; obviously he gets bored quite easily.
    The next time I’m at a convention, I’ll definitely look for this episode; may be in VHS format.
    Take care & have a great Summer.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.