Bubba Ho-Tep viewers?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Bubba Ho-Tep viewers?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    aquabloodstone
    Participant

Has anyone seen this movie?
    I’m interested in hearing thoughts on it.

It stars Ossie Davis and the divine Bruce Campbell as geezers going after a mummy in a Texas old-folks home.

In what genre would you classify it?

http://www.bubbahotep.com/aboutbht.html

SlickWhistle
    Participant

Because Bruce “The Chin” Campbell was the star, I saw this movie.

It was definitely an odd one. It was a bittersweet type of movie with a Sci-fi twist.

Overall, I like it.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

Thank goodness! For a few days there, I thougt I was the only one who saw it. It’s definitely a weird little movie. But who can resist lines like (forgive the paraphrasing), “I don’t want no mummy slapping his lips on my *sshole!”

bambooshoot
    Participant

I saw it…just cos I love Bruce Campbell.

I did spend most of my time going ๐Ÿ˜ฏ or ๐Ÿ˜•

I guess the best way to describe it was….interesting…

Bambooshoot ๐Ÿ˜†

aquabloodstone
    Participant

I’m right there with you bambooshoot ๐Ÿ˜‰

SlickWhistle
    Participant

The level of weirdness was definitely there .. but I agree with Aqua .. some of the lines were priceless.

The title is quite catchy too. Who woulda thunk of a name like Bubba Ho-Tep!? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Flamegrape
    Participant

Excellent movie. Got the DVD special edition. I recommend it to anyone. I tell people to not be fooled by the Elvis vs. The Mummy theme. It’s based on an excellent novella. One of the extras on the DVD has the original author read the first chapter.

This is a totally unique movie. “A redemptive Elvis mummy film.”

aquabloodstone
    Participant

It definitely has a little bit of everything. Comedy, drama, the horror/scifi element. I can see why it has a cult following with frequent small showings around the country.

iStan
    Participant

I bought the DVD a while ago and just had time to watch it this week. Definitely better than had expected- not just a camp sendup of the cult of elvis, but as noted a funny, moving, and bittersweet story that actually provides some very thoughtful coments who how our society views aging and the elderly. I quite enjoyed it.

Now, if only I could get a copy of ‘Shaun of the Dead’.

richardvallance
    Participant

I bought the DVD after reading about it on another forum.The commentary by Bruce Campbell as The King is almost as funny as the film itself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.