Buffy CD

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

On September 24th, Rounder Records will release a CD soundtrack from last season’s musical Buffy Episode titled “Once More With Feeling.” The CD has 10 tracks which include the original soundtrack from the episode as well as Whedon and his wife, Kai Cole singing a demo version of “Going Through the Motions.” Also included on the CD are score segments from three other “Buffy” episodes, “Restless,” “Hush” and “The Gift.”

Rag
    Participant

That was the US release date, in case any of you weren’t aware, and give a damn. The UK date was the 28th Oct. And I’d been told that it wasn’t coming out in the UK! Filthy LIES I say!!!

It is absolutely fantastic. It has all of the music from the episode, even the incidental stuff with none of the dialogue over the top. Plus the bits mentioned by young Mr Geezer, above. The booklet is less ‘let’ and more ‘book’. With interesting stuff that can be read by those that can read. The best bit? Full listings of the lyrics. So even a complete muppet like myself could manage to maintain a small amount of credibility whilst singing along (yeah, ok. Blatant lie). My only excuse, we had been drinking for several hours. We thought our 5 part harmonies were tight… The neighbours didn’t agree.

The down side? You can’t get the bloody tunes out of your head!!! EVER!!!!

If you haven’t got it yet, but thought that the episode is what that Logie Baird bloke invented the box for, you will not be disappointed.

So waddya reckon? A plethora of school productions of it in the next year or two?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.