Buffy rumours

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

The latest on Buffy:

1. The new season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer premiers on UPN October 9th.
    2. (Rumour)Buffy is revived by Willow.
    3. Buffy and Spike fall in love.
    4. Willow turns out to be the baddie of the season.

I think that Buffy IS due to start again in October, the other rumours are unsubstantiated (but really cool!) What do you think?

——————

Anonymous

I don’t really have an opinion about the first three topics, but I do like the idea of Willow being the new big-bad.

More precisely, I’d like to see her turned into Vampire Willow again. I know it’s been done twice, and I know that it’s a bit cliche, but I think it has merit for the following reasons:

1. Having Buffy’s most loyal minion go bad isn’t realistic character development, at least not without some form of supernatural cause. Vampirism solves that problem. I’m sure there are other options, but vampirism is already an established premise.

2. Vamp Willow, even without witchcraft, technological prowess, or any particular long range plan, was dangerous. Put all those capabilities together, and you have an extremely formidible menace.

3. It would allow Alyson Hannigan to stretch her acting chops, which she is more than capable of doing.

4. Theoretically, Vamp Willow could be “cured” at season’s end (given a soul ala “Angel”). Otherwise, you’d have to have her killed.

Just my opinion.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    The latest on Buffy:

(Rumour)Buffy is revived by Willow.
    Buffy and Spike fall in love.
    Willow turns out to be the baddie of the season.

I’ve heard the same. Willow revives Buffy, but Buffy confesses that she preferred the afterlife and confides in Spike. They hit it off cause they now have something in common.
    I’ve also heard that Shannon Doherty from “Charmed” will also appear in the new series playing a vampire. (Dont know how true that one is).
    All in all, it sounds pretty good.

——————
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Replicant Roy Batty in Bladerunner.

Anonymous

I havnt been watching Buffy for long (actually im watching re-runs on sky one) anyway, i think that making spike a good guy was good and ok, but then making willow the bad guy thats going way too far.

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Anonymous

quote:

2. (Rumour)Buffy is revived by Willow.

Just plain old revived? I had a whole spirit-going-through-portal theory worked out, to.
    Well the Willow baddie thing has legs; her power was building up throughout the last series, so she’s bound to snap at some point. The Vampire Willow thing isn’t really neccessary, since magic is the supernatural cause. It would be good to bring back the vamp Willow for another episode though (perhaps to fight the evil witch Willow?) A few thoughts, anyway.

Anonymous

Re: Willow being a bad guy– I don’t see how this would work…maybe if her powers suddenly took a dark and sinister turn, but I just can’t picture cute lil Willow being evil.

Buffy and Spike–I’m still, in my hopeless romanticism, holding out for a Buffy/Angel reunion…but it would be interesting to see her and Spike together.

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

crusader
    Participant

I herd some rumors to! “In a depressed state Buffy and one of Buffy´s closest human friends end´s up in bed together and Buffy gives birth to a son that turnes out to be the Devil´s son and the father turns out to be posesed by the Devil´s spirit.”! (I dont remember exactly but it was something like that! My PC crashed wile I was on the page and I didnt remember how I got there so…)

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Someone once told me that the reason we never see Willow’s bare arms is that she has a lot of tattoo’s and that she was a little premiscuous when she use dot go out with some rock musician.

If it’s true, she seems to look pretty darned good for it and maybe giving her the opportunity to play a baddie will be cool… hell, I’d like to see those tattoo’s!

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Someone once told me that the reason we never see Willow’s bare arms is that she has a lot of tattoo’s and that she was a little premiscuous when she use dot go out with some rock musician.

If it’s true, she seems to look pretty darned good for it and maybe giving her the opportunity to play a baddie will be cool… hell, I’d like to see those tattoo’s!

Much as I’d like it to be true, Sad, it ain’t. She’s got a tattoo at the base of her spine, and a couple more, but I don’t remember where, exactly. For shots of her bare…erm…arms, check out this link:
    http://www.hannigan.com/aly_fhm.htm

Oh, and the rock musician she went out with was Ginger Fish, drummer for Marilyn Manson (she’s now with some guy from Angel).

–Aleck

crusader
    Participant

Are thoes for real? Man, it shour dont look like the Willow I know! She must be a hell of an actress!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    Are thoes for real? Man, it shour dont look like the Willow I know! She must be a hell of an actress!

They’re for real. They’re photos done late last year for a British men’s magazine called FHM.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    They’re for real. They’re photos done late last year for a British men’s magazine called FHM.

–Aleck

WOW! Thanks Aleck – That was very cool of you to post the link. I always thought she was a bit dowdy – nice to see her in a different light….. And before you all go calling me sexist, I mean her wonderful taste in clothes …. erm.. or should I say underwear

The producers have been spouting bogus rumours by the way. This from Sci Fi Wire:

quote:

Producers told SCI FI Wire that they’ve been planting bogus spoilers for a while now. “That’s the fun part,” Buffy executive producer Martin Noxon said in an interview. “Because we got sort of savvy, … and also we’re trying to track down where the genuine leaks were, so there’s stuff out there that’s pure hokum.”

Noxon said that portions of Buffy scripts that have appeared on the Ain’t It Cool News Web site are pages sent to casting directors, which end up in the hands of actors auditioning for roles on the show. But other spoilers are fabricated–including one last year that James Marsters’ character, Spike, would be killed off and that Marsters himself would be working on a feature film for Sixth Sense director M. Night Shyamalan.

Still, Buffy creator Joss Whedon expressed exasperation at the genuine leaks. “There’s some accuracy there; luckily, not total accuracy, because that would be annoying,” Whedon said in an interview. “But we have a lot of leaks. We’ve had horrible leaks on Angel, and I resent it, but there’s nothing I can do about it at this point.

more (but not much more is at:
    http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2001-07/19/11.15.net

——————

Anonymous

ok can someone help me out here, i think im a bit more than a little behind, im watching repeats at the moment and dont know where i am, the last episode i saw was the one where this spirit of this boy that had killed his teacher after a row was haunting the school and then he got buffy and angel in there (angel now being a vamp) and then he re acted it with buffy as him.

——————

[email protected]

crusader
    Participant

The thing with Willow is that I never thought about her in that way! Everytime i saw a Buffy episode I just thought about her as Willow and never that she could be … eherm, sexy!

I was kinda… suprised!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

Seems to me that Willow has been flirting with the dark side of the Witchcraft for a while now – and like she and Tara are sort of polarizing on opposite ends of that spectrum. I like the idea of big bad Willow! I’m looking forward to all kinds of nasty surprises on new Buffy.

Anonymous

im getting more and more lost, can someone help me out please!?!?!?

——————

[email protected]

Anonymous

Jabba, if you are watching earlier episodes repeated for the first time, you should mabye ignore most of this, since it’s from the last series which, depending on where you are and what channels you have access to, might have not even reached you yet. Judging from what you have said, you are watching really early episodes. Sorry.

Anyway, what aurora is saying is my thought exactly. She read those evil “forbidden” texts upstairs in the store and seemed to get away with it without any negative results. She should either become extremely power-hungry or demonically posessed (if she does become evil, that is ).

And on the mention of Tara, does anyone else wish that she had stayed in her addled state? She was so much more interesting when she was spouting nonsense, in my opinion. Plus, if she still kept her witch skills, she could have been either an unpredictable seer or a chaotic, destructive force! Another idea but, again, only my opinion.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:

(she’s now with some guy from Angel).

–Aleck

Yeah, she’s dating Wesley Wyndham Pryce (or Alexis Denisof). But, anyway, I could really see Willow turning bad. She really got to unleash her anger this past season. It would definitely be an interesting turn for her because I loved her as vamp Willow.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

In the States, the new season is coming out
    on UPN. Has anyone else seen the annoying
    and completely cheezy commercials out for it?
    They have one of the characters talking about
    how they miss buffy and then they go to a red
    screen with buffy’s eyes looking out, then a
    semi-creepy voice says “Last season buffy
    died…or did she?” It was already driving
    me out of my gourd by the second time I saw
    it. Can’t they come up with something better
    than that? Ugh.

——————
    spooooon

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.