Buffy: The Cartoon Slayer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

I found this at scifi.com

Joss Whedon, creator of UPN’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer, told syndicated columnist Marilyn Beck that his moribund Buffy animated series could hit the airwaves as early as January 2003. Earlier, Whedon had said the show-which revisits the Scooby Gang during their Sunnydale High School years-was on hold for a variety of reasons and wouldn’t debut until at least May.

I think Buffy animated and set in the past will lose soemthing.

But Beck reported that Fox will premiere the show in January, with Buffy cast members Sarah Michelle Gellar, David Boreanaz, Seth Green, Nicholas Brendon and Michelle Trachtenberg voicing characters.

What no Willow?! You can’t have Buffy without Willow! And was Dawn even on the show when the scooby gang was in high school?

ADM
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    I found this at scifi.com

What no Willow?! You can’t have Buffy without Willow! And was Dawn even on the show when the scooby gang was in high school?

Don’t worry Headgy, they probably will have Willow in it, they always do that when promoting new shows, rather than give the whole cast list they just break it down.
    You’re right about Dawn, she can’t be in it, and if she was she’d have to be eleven as Buffy is approx 5 years older than lil’ sis and she was 16 in the beginning.
    ADM

Rag
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by ADM:

You’re right about Dawn, she can’t be in it, ADM

They will will probably write it off as “the created memories of her part in the adventures”.

I s’pose they thought that the kids would be confused it they only saw more recent series with Dawn in, and then the cartoon just ignores her existence. And lets face it, it’s gonna be dumbed down and cleaned up for the teenies. It’s not often you get adult oriented cartoons these days.

I’ll watch it (if it stumbles into my eyeline), but I’m not expecting it to become the centre of my universe.

ADM
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Rag:

They will will probably write it off as “the created memories of her part in the adventures”.

I s’pose they thought that the kids would be confused it they only saw more recent series with Dawn in, and then the cartoon just ignores her existence. And lets face it, it’s gonna be dumbed down and cleaned up for the teenies. It’s not often you get adult oriented cartoons these days.

I’ll watch it (if it stumbles into my eyeline), but I’m not expecting it to become the centre of my universe.

They can acknowledge her existence alright, but how can you explain that Buffy’s sister is the same age as her?, well they can make out what they like in a cartoon, but we’ll know better!!!, and I don’t think MT (Dawn) will be able to pull off the voice of a 10-11 year old.
    ADM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.