Can somebody tell me this movie’s name? It’s drivng me nuts!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Can somebody tell me this movie’s name? It’s drivng me nuts!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sgtdraino
    Participant

Okay, first, I apologize in advance because the movie I’m asking about is NOT sci-fi. But I’m used to talking to you guys, and you guys are pretty big movie buffs on top of the whole sci-fi thing. Let’s see if you can solve my mystery.

It’s this movie I caught a couple of times on TV probably more than 20 years ago. I never found out the title, but certain parts of this movie have stuck in my head all these years. In spite of my considerable web searching skills, I’ve been unable to figure out what the movie is.

The movie was probably made in the 70s or early 80s. I don’t remember any of the actors/actresses who were in the movie (if I did, my objective would be easy!). All I can remember is a basic plot:

In this movie, which is set in the U.S. near (I think) a desert (prolly California or Texas or something), a group of guys somehow intercept an armored bank truck carrying a bunch of money, gold, or similar type deal. The catch is, the guards are still inside the truck, and they ain’t coming out.

The criminals somehow hide this truck in an underground bunker type deal, out in (I think) the desert. Then they try to figure out how to get the guards out of the truck. They try various methods to get into the truck and/or get the guards out. Don’t remember the specifics. I do seem to recall that, at one point, one of the guards sneaks out of the truck when no one is looking. A shootout ensues, and the guard is eventually killed.

In fact, I believe eventually the criminals succeed in murdering all the guards in the truck. I think they get the money (or whatever) out, but when the last surviving criminal emerges from underground, he finds cop cars and helicopters and such converging from all sides, along the horizon, out in (I think) the desert.

For years I’ve wondered what the heck this movie is. It might even be a TV movie, but I recall parts of it were pretty brutal/violent, so maybe not.

Can anybody solve this mystery?

pet
    Participant

I doubt it’ll help you, but “The Kidnapping of the President” I think had a bunch of people trying to get into an armored truck wired with explosives, didn’t it? That had William Shatner and Ava Gardner in it.

“Killer Force” took place in a diamond mine in the desert. Peter Fonda was in that.

(I haven’t seen either one.)

nursewhen
    Participant

I’m hearing the vague ringing of bells. I remember something like that with Bryan Brown in it and it was pretty violent. Only problem is he’s got a filmography as long as my arm and I can’t find anything that matches my fuzzy memory.

pet
    Participant

Money Movers?[/url] ๐Ÿ˜•

nursewhen
    Participant
    pet wrote:

Money Movers?[/url] ๐Ÿ˜•

Hey, thanks! That’s the one!
    I doubt it matches sgtdraino’s, but its been a big help for me ๐Ÿ˜€

sgtdraino
    Participant

Nice try, gang, but I don’t think that’s it. Found a pretty detailed synopses on amazon.com, and didn’t see any mention of an armored truck captured with with guards still inside.

Plus, unless the movie was redubbed, I’m pretty sure it’s an American movie, and not Aussie.

Thanks for trying!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.