Can someone give me a hint?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions Can someone give me a hint?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Hello, I’m a newbie to this board. I’m so glad I live just two hours from Halifax. I’m looking forward to meeting other Lexxians like me . I hope I’ll be able to find this Shoe Shop Pub everyone’s talking about. Could someone please tell me just exactly what area of Halifax the UNconvention is being held? I looked at the map on this site but I’m not convinced it’s just on one street. Can anyone clarify for me? Thanks.
    Princess

——————
    “No one is beyond redemption.” -You Only Live Once

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Princess of Fire:
    Hello, I’m a newbie to this board. I’m so glad I live just two hours from Halifax. UNconvention is being held? I looked at the map on this site but I’m not convinced it’s just on one street. Can anyone clarify for me? Thanks.
    Princess

go to yahoo groups lexx uncon homepage and get registered (fast!) so that you can partake in the actual tours and autographs etc next saturday…there are assorted parties friday, thursday and sunday but you need to sign up for a tour so you can be with us at electropolis…good luck, welcome to the board and email if you need more help, fx

went to find address of the site for you, just go here: http://uncon2001.homestead.com

[This message has been edited by FX (edited June 08, 2001).]

Anonymous

How do I know if I’m on the list? What if I’m too late? I’d hate to go for the tour to find out I can’t go.
    I’ve never been to any convention, let alone a Lexx UNcon. How do I confirm I’m on a ‘guest list’? I want to be able to part-take in the activities.

Princess

——————

[This message has been edited by Princess of Fire (edited June 10, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

How do I know if I’m on the list? What if I’m too late?

i hear panic here sweetie , okay, first of all you should receive email from yahoo groups that you have been registered. Then when you search for yahoo groups, the screen should greet you by name and list the groups you belong to (as this is the weekend, you may not have received all this yet)…next you go to the messages and start frantically posting “help, i want to go to the uncon, please register me and sign me up for a tour”. On the itineraries, you will see what activities are currently planned, again email and let people know you want to be there! don’t worry, i have never gone to a convention either, if worse comes to worse come back to us here, or email jacha/necro through this board, and we will see that you get there, okay? now calm down, and i will see you in halifax!

Anonymous

The UNcon page is gone! The link doesn’t work anymore! I haven’t given my email address to anyone and I don’t belong to any yahoo groups. I’ll have to contact those you mentioned. If worse does come to worse, you’ll find me sadly singing Brigadoom songs outside the building. “Just leave my guys, just say goodbye, for I no longer care…”
    I appreciate the help you’re giving me, I do look forward to seeing you any many others at the Uncon.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

The UNcon page is gone! The link doesn’t work anymore!

okay now hold on a minute little buckeroo…i just got my uncon digest of email so i doubt it has all disappeared …try emailing jacha from here, and when i get home from work, i will do the same at the uncon page, and tell everyone there that you want to go etc. okay? there is no way in h*** a canadian is not going to be allowed into the lexx uncon for pete’s sake! this might start a war or something! i will post again tonight, now stop singing that damn brigadoom song!

Anonymous

okay princess, i went to thhe board http://uncon2001.homestead.com

and posted an appropriately desperate appeal for someone to get you on the list and signed up for a tour group…i hope you dont mind, but i gave your email address so they can get to you….now, try the site above and sign up to be part of the yahoo group uncon2001, once they have registered you, you will be able to get to the board and get on the lists…good luck, and let me know how it goes…love fx

ps i just tried the first link i gave you, and it worked, i have tried submitting your name for the 2pm tour but you might want to try the link again and sign yourself up (i signed you up as princess of fire, oddly enough )

[This message has been edited by FX (edited June 12, 2001).]

Anonymous

Grr… Nope, no good. I sent a few emails and got some replies abd they keep mentioning the site. I’m not sure what’s wrong, but but I went to the site, signed my real name on the 2:00 tour list (but I couldn’t tell if I was going to be on it), and then the next time I try to go to it, it says the page doesn’t exist.
    *sigh* I don’t like asking people to do things for me, but I’ve asked Terri Malinski if it was possible to sign my name up for me.
    Thank you, FX for everything you’ve done for me. When I see you in Halifax, I’ll be wearing black jeans, a Lexx t-shirt and I’ll have my hair up like Xev’s. I sure hope I can get there!

Princess

——————

Anonymous

quote:

I’m not sure what’s wrong, but but I went to the site, signed my real name on the 2:00 tour list (but I couldn’t tell if I was going to be on it), and then the next time I try to go to it, it says the page doesn’t exist.

Princess

god willing i will be there friday night, i will be wearing black, looking cold and looking to say hi!

Anonymous

Figures… I found out what was wrong. It seems my home computer and school computer use different servers. So now I’m able to get to the page. I looked at the list of tour attendees, but neither my real name or username is on either of the lists. Is there a limit to how many can go and I’m too late? Looks like I’ll have to join the mailing list. But how do I get my name on things!?

Princess

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Is there a limit to how many can go and I’m too late? Looks like I’ll have to join the mailing list. But how do I get my name on things!?

Princess

okay, when you go to yahoo groups ( the second address i gave you, just point and click on it), they will take you through a menu to register after you type in lexx,or uncon 2001, you then submit your information, and it will tell you that you should receive notification of membership by email, hopefully within 24 hours, and you can then email to terri or jacha, but they are swamped right now…you should also go to a post right here by jacha, at the top of her post you will see a symbol to email her, and DO IT! also post where you are staying and when you are arriving so that you can be found…now do this tonight because a lot of people have left or are leaving tomorrow! love fx

Anonymous

Ok, I’ve registered for YahooGroups, and I’ve been chatting with Jacha through email. I should be at the O’Brian Hall by 9am. I’m not staying at any hotel, I’ll be driving from home. it was very difficult to find a map of the Dal campus but I managed to find the Hall.
    Jacha tells me that if I’m at the Hall on time, I can get my name on things I want and I think I get my nametag. This has been a good turnout for me. All I need to do now is find out where the tour is.
    I thank you, FX and and Jacha, and Terri, and Necro. Thank you so much for helping me clear things up on such short notice!
    In case peopple still needed to know: the O’Brian Hall is on the corner of Barrington St. and Morris St.

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Ok, I’ve registered for YahooGroups, and I’ve been chatting with Jacha through email. I should be at the O’Brian Hall by 9am. I’m not staying at any hotel, I’ll be driving from home.

phewww! nothing like the last minute huh okay, last minute news, the tours begin at 11 am because xenia has to leave for new york saturday afternooon…so whatever else you do, be at electropolis scratching at the door by 11 (you should have met a lot of people friday night though!) see ya!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.