Canceled?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    aralissia
    Participant

For the longest time on Tvtome.com they were talking about that Tripping The Rift had been renewed for a second season and me and my boyfriend have been waiting in sweaty anticipation when suddenly I go there today to check out if there’s any new dates or news and BAM it says “Canceled/Ended” under show status.
    Can someone confirm this or is it all a viscious lie? If it is, when can we expect to see more eps of this hilarious series?
    ~aralissia

Headgehog
    Participant

Tripping will return sometime this spring. Sci Fi hasn’t picked a start date yet.

aralissia
    Participant

Wow thanks for responding so fast! I’ve heard about a second season being renewed earlier, but suddenly tvtome sad canceled/ended and I got freaked. I looked around sci-fi but couldn’t find anything official on the topic….ahh well I guess only time will tell.
    ~aralissia

Headgehog
    Participant

Not to sound mean about TVTome, but I don’t consider them an accurate source of information. I’ve read too many things there, that were outright wrong. More specific to the TTR section of that site: it’s not actively maintained, and what information they do have comes from here (and is occasionally plagiarized).

I don’t have a hard copy press release. But a PTB at Sci Fi told me it was coming back, as well as a bunch of people who work on the show.

Chode
    Participant

The show Is renew for a second season It should be for this summer or this fall.

kokopelli
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

Not to sound mean about TVTome, but I don’t consider them an accurate source of information. I’ve read too many things there, that were outright wrong. More specific to the TTR section of that site: it’s not actively maintained, and what information they do have comes from here (and is occasionally plagiarized).

I don’t have a hard copy press release. But a PTB at Sci Fi told me it was coming back, as well as a bunch of people who work on the show.

Well, it’s very strange. It’s like they took almost a full year off. The last episopde was May 2004.
    What’s a PTB?

Well we wait and see,
    I dream of Six of one and Six of another.

I seem to be at Sixes and Sevens (of nines). waiting waiting.

sutekhsgift
    Participant

PTB is “buffy speak” for Powers That Be. I look forward to the new season. If I recall correctly, Carmen Electra is the new voice of Six.

kokopelli
    Participant
    sutekhsgift wrote:

PTB is “buffy speak” for Powers That Be. I look forward to the new season. If I recall correctly, Carmen Electra is the new voice of Six.

Do you mean a new six voice in the NEW Season or in the old second season?.

Which episode did Six change her appearance? Or was the series redrawn? She is the new SIX in episode four Season 1 so it must have been early she changed.

sutekhsgift
    Participant

A new Six voice in the NEW Season. There was a post on the news section of this site about that about a month or two ago. The second question you asked: the series was entirely redone from the web based episode. the characters were kept intact and some addititonal characters were put in ( Whip being the most prominent one that comes to mind). I sincerely hope this answers what you asked. ๐Ÿ™‚

Headgehog
    Participant

Things frequently change between pilots and the actual series. Six’s appearance and Gus’s sissifacation come to mind immediately for TTR.

The voice of Six always changes. She was first voiced by Patricia Beckman in Episode 1: Love and Darph. Then in the unreleased second episode: Oh Brother, Terry Farrell voiced Six, and she redid the voice of Six for episode 1. Terry was supposed to do the voice in the TV series but backed out after 3 episodes. She was replaced by Gina Gershon, and those episodes were re-recorded for continuity. Now for whatever reason, Six is being voiced by Carmen Electra.

kokopelli
    Participant
    sutekhsgift wrote:

A new Six voice in the NEW Season. There was a post on the news section of this site about that about a month or two ago. The second question you asked: the series was entirely redone from the web based episode. the characters were kept intact and some addititonal characters were put in ( Whip being the most prominent one that comes to mind). I sincerely hope this answers what you asked. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh yeah Carmen Electra IS Six.
    Both of her…
    Great photo, I checked out the news site.
    thanks

I don’t know what “web based episode” means. I just come in at Episode 4 on Canada’s Space and can get the reest of the episodes ffor Season One.

kokopelli
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

Things frequently change between pilots and the actual series. Six’s appearance and Gus’s sissifacation come to mind immediately for TTR.

The voice of Six always changes. She was first voiced by Patricia Beckman in Episode 1: Love and Darph. Then in the unreleased second episode: Oh Brother, Terry Farrell voiced Six, and she redid the voice of Six for episode 1. Terry was supposed to do the voice in the TV series but backed out after 3 episodes. She was replaced by Gina Gershon, and those episodes were re-recorded for continuity. Now for whatever reason, Six is being voiced by Carmen Electra.

All I can conclude from that is that being SIX must lead to total character burnout for the actresses.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.