Cast, etc. of the new B5 movie/pilot "Legend of the Ran

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Babylon 5 & Crusade Cast, etc. of the new B5 movie/pilot "Legend of the Ran

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

The projected air date is January 2, 2002, but it’s still iffy at this point.

click here to sign up for the movie’s newsletter and to check out the bboard, trailer, and the info they have on it there.
    http://www.scifi.com/b5rangers/%5B/url%5D

for those of you who have *no* idea what I’m talking about, sadgeezer did previous articles on the subject:
    /ubb/Forum7/HTML/000006.html
    /ubb/Forum6/HTML/000017.html
    /ubb/Forum6/HTML/000013.html

For those that are too la- ahem, motivationally-challenged to follow the links, here’s an article about it from Sci Fi Wire:

quote:

Updated 12:05pm ET on 30-August-2001

Rangers Darkens B5 Universe

J. Michael Straczynski, creator of The SCI FI Channel’s upcoming original TV movie Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers: To Live and Die in Starlight, told Science Fiction Weekly that the film will take the saga into darker territory. “I did want a darker, more serious look to this,” Straczynski said in an interview. “I’ve always felt that we should learn from the B5 tradition, but not be bound by it. We can take it in another direction and expand and improve it–I’m all for that. I just don’t want to go backwards.”

Rangers takes place in the year 2265, a few years after the events in the B5 episode “Objects at Rest,” Straczynski said. The show is a pilot for a possible series. “We’ve had the Rangers as part of the Babylon 5 universe ever since season three,” he added. “I’ve always been fascinated by them, and the fans have been pretty intrigued by them for a long time. And the creation of the Interstellar Alliance is something that was also dramatized in the series. The nearest point of comparison [for them] would be King Arthur and his knights, because this is about empire building. It’s a variety of stories. The thing about the Rangers is that they go everywhere, and therefore the entire B5 universe is open to us, and will definitely be involved [in the stories].”

Straczynski added, “Babylon 5 was really a show about political intrigue, with [this] core wrapped around an action series. This really isn’t [the same], for several reasons. The political stuff will be there to inform [the Rangers’] missions, in terms of trying to make new alliances and to steady problems as they come up out there. But I want this to be more action-oriented. Plus, this is a small ship; we’ve put these characters into a very small, confined situation–a tin bucket in space–and they have to live with each other on a daily basis.”

This is the cast for the movie/pilot. There’s some familiar faces.

DAVID MARTEL – DYLAN NEAL
    CITIZEN G’KAR – ANDREAS KATSULAS
    DULANN – ALEX ZAHARA
    SARAH CANTRELL – MYRIAM SIROIS
    MALCOLM BRIDGES – DEAN MARSHALL
    Kitaro – WARREN T. TAKEUCHI
    NA’FEEL – JENNIE REBECCA HOGAN
    MINISTER KAFTA – MACKENZIE GRAY
    TAFEEK – DAVID STORCH
    FIRELL – ENID-RAYE ADAMS
    TIRK – GUS LYNCH
    TANNIER – TODD SANDOMIRSKY
    CAPTAIN Gregg – ANDREW KAVADAS
    MINBARI CREWMAN – SIMON EGAN
    SINDELL – BERNARD CUFFLING

If it turns into a series it will be *so* cool!

[ 02-09-2001: Message edited by: brainplague ]

Anonymous

WOW!

Cracking post Brain! Thanks for the info.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.