Celestia

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pet
    Participant

Now this is the coolest thing I’ve played with in a long time… erm, off the internet. (No offense to my recently acquired action figures).

It’s a 3-D Space sim. That’s all. Basically a very simple autocad but totally cool. No ships or anything, you just fly around and look at constellations from different angles, but really fun getting lost at the edge of the known Universe and trying to make your way back without using the “home” command.

It also can be configured to show real time, so all the planets will be where they actually are, and you can predict and watch solar and lunar eclipses from space. There’s more but I don’t wanna bore ya. Here’s the link:

Celestia[/url]

Anonymous

Cool, I’m downloading it now – I’m so sad that I actually have O’Level Astronomy and am one of the very few sadgeezers to have actually read Nortons Star Atlas right through ๐Ÿ˜‰ So I’ll be l;ooking into this with huge interest! (prolly while drunk ๐Ÿ™‚ )

newkate is currently playing her fave game at the moment called Space Colony. I haven’t played it but it’s rather like a mixture between Sims and Sim City set on the moon. It’s a total screem!

koala
    Participant

I’ve been playing with Celestia for a while and I’m still learning how to use all its functions. To view the night sky in your own location try Cyber Sky, it’s a very handy program for identifying what you can see from planet Earth.

Anonymous
    koala wrote:

I’ve been playing with Celestia for a while and I’m still learning how to use all its functions. To view the night sky in your own location try Cyber Sky, it’s a very handy program for identifying what you can see from planet Earth.

Hi and welcome koala ๐Ÿ™‚

I must admit it’s taking me a little time to get used to the controls. But the graphics are really smooth and detailed. I particularly like increasing and decreasing speed and watching the moons of Jupiter revolve around the planet while watching jupiter revolve around the sun. Awesome stuff! ๐Ÿ™‚

pet
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

newkate is currently playing her fave game at the moment called Space Colony. I haven’t played it but it’s rather like a mixture between Sims and Sim City set on the moon. It’s a total screem!

“manage and nurture an unruly bunch of dysfunctional space dwellers”

Oohhh! If my plate wasn’t so full, I’d be all over this! ๐Ÿ˜€

(Think I can find one of those watches that stop time on Ebay?)

Nebagram
    Participant

I am having so much fun with this ๐Ÿ˜€ actually got better at steering while not using the “home” function as well ๐Ÿ˜‰ good find! :mrgreen:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    pet wrote:

SadGeezer wrote:

“manage and nurture an unruly bunch of dysfunctional space dwellers”

Oohhh! If my plate wasn’t so full, I’d be all over this! ๐Ÿ˜€

(Think I can find one of those watches that stop time on Ebay?)

83[/quote]

Just wait till they come out with Space Colony 3… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Celestia is a very cool find. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.