Changing Server…. Again!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff Changing Server…. Again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Sorry to do this to you guys yet again, but I’m just gonna have to change hosting service. ๐Ÿ™

sadgeezer.com is too big for the current host (doublehost.net) and I have been in contact with another service provider who can provide a better service. He’s a sci fi buff too so it should be a good arrangement.

The transition will be as painless as possible, but there may be some hassle with posts being lost as the new dns propogates through the internet. I’ll know more when the server is transferred.

As a result, I’ll close the SadBOARD for a a few hours when this happens to minimise the disruption.

Those of you with email and ftp accounts will not be affected by the change.

Anonymous

Cripes!

It seems that doublehost have been aquired by S3 hosting (which looks like a really naff hosting service to me!!)

I hope that I’ll have transferred servers before the doublehost.net switch happens but if not, we may be out for a day or two ๐Ÿ™

I’ll keep you posted in this thread.

I have to say though, that if I can move in the next day or two, you shouldn’t notice any disruption.

Fatguy
    Participant

Good Luck Sadgeezer. I have just been through that “gut wrenching” experience. Took me three days for the new DNS settings to finally point to the new server and almost six days for my ISP to point my home line at the new server (i.e. they also had the server my site was originally on…..the pricks…..). All ok now, but not a fun experience.

Maurice

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.