ChattaCon 2003?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

There is a small-ish convention in Chattanoga, TN, called ChattaCon. As I recall, it’s merely a hardcore fandom party convention. I think it’s in January, but I’m not sure. I’ll do some research. Anyway, I was thinking of going to that one.

Flamegrape
    Participant
    Anonymous

I’m in New Orleans alot in the spring…always there for the Jazz Festival…is there anything that happens sci-fi wise around then? T_T

Flamegrape
    Participant

I think it must be emphasized that ChattaCon is a party convention. There’s a dealer’s room, to be sure. But there are only a few guests. The emphasis is having a good time. Unlike DragonCon, for instance, there is a consuite that serves “libations” almost 24 hours a day. There’s a costume contest. And there appears to be a contest for “best room party.” The Read House Hotel is a very nice, old-fashioned hotel. I had a really good time the last time I went about ten years ago.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Trini_T:
    I’m in New Orleans alot in the spring…always there for the Jazz Festival…is there anything that happens sci-fi wise around then? T_T

Good question!

I’ve been out of the fandom scene for a long time. I can’t say that I’ve ever been into very deep. But DragonCon got me hooked all over again. At DragonCon’02, I discovered that what makes convention-going so fun is getting together with friends and getting into the spirit of things by getting into costume!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.