Christmas Loot!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Yes I *know* this is a spititual time of year. And we should all have taken time to reflect on our good fortune and rejoice in love of our families…. Now having gotten all *that* out of the way! What ya get? Anything splendiferous? Or Weird? Or just plain lame?

mandara k
    Participant

Santa tied to bring me a fish in a new fish bowl but as the official sponsors of Santa
    (that be Mom and Dad) tried to get my new pet ready some of my dad’s fish ate my fish . (sniffle)

Oh well,I got Barnes and Noble GC, and miscellanous stuff.

How was your holiday? What was your take?

theFrey
    Participant

Well I got slippers (two pair) a new 2.4 gig Sony computer and ….. a roomba! Super coolness. TheSpouseDog hates it, but it is too low, smooth and heavy for him to tip over like he does the remote controlled cars. So he jumps at it and tries to bite it.. which bumps it and makes it change directions. It then CHARGES him. Which of course freaks him out more and makes him bark louder. http://stacks.msnbc.com/news/822362.asp

Anonymous

HHGTTG on dvd!! yay!!! plus the inevitable christmas jumper, jewellry,etc. usual stuff. holiday as interesting as ever-just doing the typical weekend stuff, only we’ve got more time to do them (i.e. stay in the pub longer). TBH, it’s like watching paint dry. other half doesn’t seem to want to do anything more fun

Anonymous

The husband and I are both incurable last minute shoppers–to very bad effect usually. We decided to do ourselves a favor this year and not exchange gifts, just buy something we really wanted when we found it.

So it would have been a stress free Xmas except that my sister in law got the dog a present–a giant collar with jingle bells on it. She put it on the dog before I could stop her; the dog (a large one) got hysterical since she didn’t know where all the noise was coming from, started chasing the cats all over the house and ended up in the back yard, in the middle of a snowstorm, yelping her head off and refusing to come back inside despite my rattling the dog biscuit box at her. The jingle bell collar is now stashed in the garage along with the dog devil horns my sister in law bought for Halloween and the dog T shirt from the year before.

Does that Roomba work? I’ve seen pics of them but it doesn’t look like it can pick up the dog hair.

elmey

Rag
    Participant

I got a couple of bits and pieces (DVDs CDs etc), but mostly cash. I’m off on holiday in Feb and was slowly getting into a mild state of panic over how I was going to be able to afford it all. Several cheques later… Woohoo!!! Sorted.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by elmey:
    Does that Roomba work? I’ve seen pics of them but it doesn’t look like it can pick up the dog hair. elmey

Well theStupidSpouseDog is a collie/spaniel mix who apparently has taken up shedding as his lifes work. And yes it works very well on dog hair…. I just love it!

Anonymous

My parents got me a nice fleece scarf. I needed one (I’ve been borrwing a scarf from a friend for the past 2 years or so) so I’ll chalk that up as a good gift. Another good gift: the extended FoTR DVD.

Lukewarm gifts: Hooded sweatshirt; not really needed, and has a big fat logo on it. The Back to the Future DVD set. $30 Best Buy GC.

No real bad gifts this year.

theFrey
    Participant

cool Storm, glad to hear that you didn’t get any clunker gifts this year. Neither did I. Which has to be a first for me. I liked everything including the tiny air horn theSpouse bought me. I’ll use that tonight to get the neighboor dogs in an uproar! lol.

Oh, Mandara… I am sorry about your pressie being another fishes lunch. Sigh.. and you can’t even tie up fish in the back yard for a few hours as punishment. Bad Dad Fish!

Anonymous

I have no X-mas complaints! The mysterious giver of gifts left a perfectly gorgeous LOTR chess set at our house…the thing is so beautiful I’m afraid to touch it! It has an etched map of Middle Earth on it, and “catacomb” type thingys on the sides to store the pieces! My kids put a “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” X Box game in my stocking-they are determined to help me overcome my techno-disabilities! As for wierdness…my mother-in-law is the (well-meaning) perpetual giver of wierd gifts. Last year she gave all her kids and their families these little “mini jaws of life” vehicle escape hammers-“In case our car ever was plunged in water and we couldn’t get the windows open to escape,” she said. This year she gave me this “machine” into which you stick your hands…after first dipping them in a vat of hot wax, mind you…and it’s supposed to feel GOOD?!! No thanks…add it to the pile in the forbidden closet of wierd gifts you are never allowed to get rid of.

Anonymous

Lexxloot!!! Yippee!!! I JUST found out I won a Flame/frey custom Lexx T-shirt from frey’s Komic Kaptions site! Coolness!!! (I guess I’m just assuming it’s a Flame/frey shirt? I’m just thrilled to have won something Lexxy!!!) Whatever it is, it’s Christmas Loot fer sure!!!

theFrey
    Participant

Trini, you need to send me your name and address again. I switched to my new sys and since xp hides the email files in a non-standard place all my old emails are in limbo! I will be mailing some stuff out tomorrow morning.

You won this shirt hope it is okay for you.

[ 04-01-2003: Message edited by: thefrey ]

Anonymous

Nice view! Oh, and the city is pretty, too! Thanx!

Anonymous

It has arrived, in all its glory! Thanx frey!Long live Komic Kaptions & Kontests!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.