Classics that Need Remake

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick -Z.
    Participant

While i generally prefer new and diffferent plots and ideas for sci-fi rather than remakes on old stuff, I do think some of the old classics deserve to be remade for the sake of the younger generations and old geezers like me who really love some of the sci-fi greats.

So in an effort to convince people how very important some of those old classics are, I nominate “The Day the Earth Stood Still” as the next classic sci-fi that should be remade by those big shots with all the big bucks who like to do that kind of stuff.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043456/

When I think of what they could do with this movie, with all the fancy 21st century technology, and realize how important the message in this one is, I can’t see how the big shots could possibly pass on this one.

Anyone agree or disagree? Any other suggestions for remakes?

Hollydays
    Participant

Good choice!

My pics:

Cherry 2000 – good social commentary…

Logans Run, with the original Logan playing the old man

THX 1138

lexxrobotech
    Participant

I’d like to see a remake of the last starfighter. A little less cheese, a little more grit, could be a good movie.

Anonymous

I’d like to see a remake of Metropolis. That film was SOOOO ahead of it’s time, I wonder what they’d do with it now?

aquabloodstone
    Participant

How ’bout Forbidden Planet and Them!. At the very least good for a few laughs when they totally miss the point during the remake. Let’s see how the CG wizards update those special effects.

sidenote: someone in a post draws some interesting parallels between Them! and Alien that surely do ring true-free membership required to view their forums – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0047573/board/nest/37148650

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.