Come on, people!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

It’s been like a week since there was any real discussion in either of the Lexx fora, no one seems to have interesting topics for general sci-fi, and I don’t know how long it’s been since anybody tried to post on the Babylon 5 or Red Dwarf board. What’s happened?

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Well, its hard for me to join in let alone start topics because we’ve only had the first seasons of both Lexx and Farscape in Australia and I don’t want to inadvertently stumble into a minefield of spoilage thus lobotimising whatever interest sci-fi had for me.

At least thats my excuse.

——————
    Studies show that alcohol is the leading cause of inexplicable rug-burns to the forehead.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

Sorry, but I haven’t been to the boards all week. I’ve been having lots of mid-terms and papers to do before my spring break. I’ll post some more stuff after next week.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    It’s been like a week since there was any real discussion in either of the Lexx fora, no one seems to have interesting topics for general sci-fi, and I don’t know how long it’s been since anybody tried to post on the Babylon 5 or Red Dwarf board. What’s happened?

I should’ve said that!

Anonymous

I’ve just stumbled across this site and think it’s pretty cool. The only question I have is, Who is this DALEKTEK791??
    On every page I have read, he is there giving us his opinions and oh so very interesting facts about every f**king sci fi show ever made. You really remind me of the fat sci fi shop owner in the Simpsons. Any resemblance??
    GET A LIFE DALEKGEEK.

To quote a phrase by the above mentioned fat guy when coming face to face with a nuke.
    “I’ve wasted my life”

DalekTek790
    Participant

WORST POST EVER

Cool it with the personal attacks. We (yes we, Aleck) don’t need that on our sci-fi board. If you knew me personally, you wouldn’t say that.

We all are devoted to science fiction, that’s why we’re here.

And yes, I’m aware of the likelihood that I’m actually talking to a registered board member posting under a different handle to avoid identification.

——————

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited April 06, 2001).]

Anonymous

talking to yourself at least once and possibly twice dalek tek whatever, i share your dismay at the quiet on the boards but hopefully that will change when the new season begins on lexx…cbrate, only season 1?? do you mean the movies or the first season of episodes which we have taken to referring to as season 2 (i know makes no sense, but as far as we can tell, the movies were never actually given cinema release, but tv-miniseries release instead, at least in europe) aeryn, good luck on midterms etc. and remember, college is over all too soon…cyberbore, if you’re dalek tek, go to hell, if you are not dalek tek, same and kindly refrain from attacking members of the board here, everyone’s nerves are frayed enough after work school and so on , we come here to talk and relax and WE don’t like snidery in our fora, as dalek tek can attest to, in all of his personalities

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    …cyberbore, if you’re dalek tek, go to hell, if you are not dalek tek, same and kindly refrain from attacking members of the board here, everyone’s nerves are frayed enough after work school and so on , we come here to talk and relax and WE don’t like snidery in our fora, as dalek tek can attest to, in all of his personalities

Of course I didn’t post that! How psycho do you think I am?

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Of course I didn’t post that! How psycho do you think I am?

sorry dt recent events have left me confused and paranoid and i don’t think you’re psycho, just puckish at times…are you going to the uncon?

DalekTek790
    Participant

I may be at the Uncon, if I can find a realistic-looking scorpion hook to go with my Kai costume.

Actually, I probably won’t be able to make it this year.

——————

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited April 08, 2001).]

Anonymous

Hey, who is this Cyberbore791??
    If you’re taking the **** out of Dalektek cause he knows about sci fi then you’re also having a go at the rest of us.
    This is a good site, it doesn’t need people like Cyberbore. If you havn’t got anything constructive to say, then shut up and butt out.

Anonymous

quote:

I may be at the Uncon, if I can find a realistic-looking scorpion hook to go with my Kai costume.

Actually, I probably won’t be able to make it this year.

hmmmm, well i saw sort of a giant bug- nut cracker thingy at a novelty shop that might work, but launching it would be a challenge …but i thought the wig, or at least wearing it, would be more of a problem…sorry you can’t make it, lots of people at the yahoo uncon site seem to be bringing scads of costumes, i’m not nearly that motivated i am afraid, guess i’ll just watch and take pictures

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by dodgydaz:
    This is a good site, it doesn’t need people like Cyberbore. If you havn’t got anything constructive to say, then shut up and butt out.

well done dodgydaz you got right into the spirit of things!

DalekTek790
    Participant

Things have been really slow around here, lately. I keep coming here to find no new posts. It’s very aggrivating. There’s plenty to talk about (I’ve been posting things to try to make conversation), why is there so little discussion?

——————

Anonymous

Well Duh! It’s summertime: everyone is outside staring at scantily clad members of the opposite sex.

Have to go, there’s some burly men installing speed bumps outside my house. Hmmmmmmm.

Anonymous

I just started to post about a month ago myself and have started several topics ( mostly FS) and find that if you want to see some thing new on any site starte it yourself and hope for the best. If you anwser your self a couple of times people stop in to see whats up. I would like to see someone on the RD site but I often go to RD home page to get info on the movie. Who plans to go see it?
    As for B5 there should be a lot on the BB after the new tv movie comes out.
    Went to the beach the other day ourselfs, ah yes lets all thank the guy who made the thong!

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

I am completely new here but I just thought I’d jump on the bandwagon and have a go at cyberbore. This seems a really cool site- it has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, and ! think everyone here would like to keep it that way. If you don’t have anything constructive to say, just tape it shut, cyberbore!

Anonymous

Hey, I want to disguise myself as an anonymous user too!

Anonymous

I don’t know, the site seems pretty busy now.

cyberbore- apt name by the way.
    “What should I say,
    Since faith is dead,
    And Truth away
    From you is fled?”
    – Sir Thomas Wyatt

——————
    spooooon

Anonymous

Well, we geezers sure know how to have a bitchrant don’t we? I think it’s time we all just cooled down a bit. DalekTek790 – we’re all doing the best we can to create interesting convos here, so just wait a while and I’m sure you’ll find someone to talk to. CBrate – I’m in Australia too, and I know how it feels to be two million years behind the rest of the world (or that’s how it feels). Try to accept that we will never have all the info about anything. Aeryn Crichton – I feel your pain. I just endured a week of exams, but am now on holidays. Let’s try to hot things up a little for DalekTek790. Cyberbore – get some respect or get out. You’re allowed your opinions, but if you’re gonna badmouth us, the geezers will break free from the shackles of society and hunt you down. Maryavatar – can I come to your house?!?! I need some scantily clad men right now. I hope you have enough for everybody! RobRoy Ackbar – let’s all get anonymous names! Then we could be smartarsed nasty people like cyberbore! That’s sarcasm, by the way. I believe that any geezers who have issues with other geezers should be open and honest, not hide behind unregistered names. Halley – welcome to the wonderful world of the geezer. Ain’t it a beautiful feeling to know that you can chat about sci-fi without getting your butt kicked (although you do hear some dodgy s**t from people like cyberbore).
    I think that’s all I have to say, except for: keep cool, geezers. Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone were nice?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.