commercial tricks…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub commercial tricks…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lexxrobotech
    Participant

Don’t you hate them?

Sometimes I revel being a capitalistic pig… and somedays I love being a plain old slob.

The thing that gets me is that I normally want to be both at the same time.

I love the idea that I could get my V dvd so cheapley and easily, but the fact that the second series was three times the price (and of course if you get the first series you’re going to get the second series) sucks butt-monkeys.

It’s like most sci-fi… out comes the DVD and then comes the ‘special extended edition’ six months later…. which you HAVE to have.

Bah!

Half my friend’s dvd collection comes from things Ive replaced with better editions.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

I know just what you mean. But what sucks even worse is buying the special extended edition (after paying twice as much and hunting it down) to have 5.2 seconds of additional crappy footage that wasn’t worth it in the first place!

Anonymous

…or how about spending £500+ on the ST:TNG dvd box sets individually as they come out, only for the bar stewards to release the whole damn lot, a few months after S7 is released, as a box set of the box sets, CHEAPER than buying them individually, in a Borg cube box and with a free clock!!!!! 🙁 gahhhh!!! 😥 methinks they were taking the michael somewhat…..

Barabbas
    Participant

one “word” LOTR and in a few months and for the next year “Star Wars”

Be Seeing you.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Agree completely with that Barabbas!

I know I’ll anger a lot of SW fans, but I think George Lucas is shmuck!

There have been so many ‘last time ever released’ and ‘complete extended edition’ versions of starwars come out that it’s sick.

You can’t take him seriously when he says it the last time.

Lucas, Bill Gates and George Bush are the three most untrustworthy people in the world, in my books.

Actually, my ex gril-friend should be in there as well.

You can’t believe a word they say.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.