Conflicting Reports

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Goosegash
    Participant

Okay, this is confusing:

Officials from the Sci-Fi Channel said this week that despite calls from fans to save the show, this fifth season set to premiere Jan. 10 will be the show’s last.

“We love the series, we helped birth the series, it was ours from the get-go, and it wasn’t given to us all fully packaged, so it was a very, very difficult decision for Sci-Fi,” said cable channel president Bonnie Hammer. “We loved it. We still do, and we think we have 11 great episodes that you’ll be seeing shortly.”

The 11 episodes represents what will be o­nly a partial season, and Hammer said that while they were trying for 13, they knew they wouldn’t be able to match the 22 episodes each that appeared in the first four seasons.

I can only presume that Sci-Fi were referring to the last batch of unaired season 4 episodes as “season 5”, because otherwise this doesn’t make any sense. I mean, they aren’t making any more Farscape for the forseeable future, right? Unless they’ve somehow produced 11 more episodes out of thin air, they’ve must’ve been talking about the remainder of season 4.

I did actually get my “new series” hopes up for about 30 seconds, before I realised the airdate for the new episodes was January 10th. Ah well.

Anonymous

Welcome to the boards =)

And welcome to Sci-Fi USA programming. They do this with their shows, same with Comedy Central.

They produce one run of 18-24 episodes then split it into 2 9-12 episode seasons.

If they had their way Magic Baby would have been episode 1 in Series 5 on Sci-Fi.

They’re just whacky, ignore em.

Goosegash
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

Welcome to the boards =)

And welcome to Sci-Fi USA programming. They do this with their shows, same with Comedy Central.

They produce one run of 18-24 episodes then split it into 2 9-12 episode seasons.

If they had their way Magic Baby would have been episode 1 in Series 5 on Sci-Fi.

They’re just whacky, ignore em.

Ah, hello! I have de-lurked.

Yeah, it was just the wording of the article that threw me. Plus it said “Four series of 22 episodes” and then referred to another 11, which must be a mistake.

Argh, just four more to go on BBC2. This makes me sad.

fluffy bunny
    Participant

Nuts, and here I was thinking that they’d managed to sneak 12 episodes of season 5 and wrap up the supposed cliffhangers at the end of season 4

Anonymous

i certainly feel that the way things are going, we are going to be left with a storming cliffhanger, and so far, no sign that it will be resolved. it doesn’t matter if you’re a fan of this show or not, all fans of all sci-fi shows are fully aware of the torture that such situations can bring. at least with other shows, we’ve known the show will return, the cliffhanger will be resolved, and the tension that went with that will disappear like magic. Farscape fans do not have that. bitching about the show aside, NO sci-fi fan deserves that, whatever their favourite show is. Farscape demands a proper closure, and the sci-fi community as a whole should show unity with sci-fi fans supporting fellow sci-fi fans. ignore the name of the show, it’s about sci-fi fans and sci-fi fans. you know what we’re going through. support us, even if it is for no other reason than community spirit. remember, the same situation could possibly happen to YOU.
    there. rant over….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.