Confusion over UnCon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Since I don’t frequent any boards anymore due to time constraints,

{This part of the message has been edited by SadGeezer … please refer to the post: Old News}

I will be posting this message on several boards so I am apologizing in advance if you’ll be reading this in several places.

{This part of the message has been edited by SadGeezer … please refer to the post: Old News}

UnCon is not a ‘Fanclub’ based event. Never has been, never will be. I was simply requested by Renee to coordinate UnCon activities between Salter Street and the fans in general. This was a personal request by Renee to me as a friend.

It has always been my feeling that an ‘official’ convention would be the realm of the fanclub and that the UnCon should remain as it’s always been; a loosely organized get together for fans around the world to meet each other. If the cast happened to be around, so much the better but it was never intended to be an event with solid commitments from the cast to be around during that time.

In the past, Salter has been very generous in making people and the studio available during UnCon more by chance than actual preplanning.

Regards to all;
    Terri Malinski
    aka Cryoburn

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited February 24, 2001).]

dgrequeen
    Participant

I want to go to Halifax, meet the other fans, have fun, and if I get to meet the cast, that’s icing on the cake!! Why this controversy?

——————
    Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional

Anonymous

As an American fan, I am very much looking forward to the UnCon. That Renee wants to help out with backstage tours and get togethers with the cast is an absolute plus as far as I am concerned. What better way to have a memorable experience regarding an excellent show than to actually get to spend time with other devotees and cast and crew? It is the best of both worlds.

Anonymous

I still haven’t heard any information that is useful for people actually wanting to visit the event!

• When is the event?
    • What’s the latest information about accomodation in the town?
    • Who else is going?
    • Where can I find out more information about things to do and places to visit?
    • Does the Shoe still exist?
    • Are the actors going to be around when we get there?

——————

Anonymous

Well, I thought I’d gotten lost and ended up on the Soap Opera Board for a while there. Sheesh, I’m glad I took a few off and missed this charming display of Lexxian togetherness. Anyway, Sad, the Shoe Shop is still there and I wish I were there with a pint right now. Renee, wherever you are, thank you for your forebearance and for not tellin’ us to go stuff it. And, now that we’re all one big happy, again, like Sad I’d be interested in a firm(ish) date so I can plan on where to flop myself for the week.

*******************BlackCloud****************

——————
    “Oh! You think what? You think Claudius murdered your Dad? Well, no wonder you’ve been so rude to him at the dinner table! If I’d known that, I could have put you straight in no time flat.

It wasn’t Claudius, darling.

It was me.

(Atwood, Margaret: ‘Gertrude Talks Back’)

Anonymous

Sad..much as I hate to say this..

we still don’t have any fixed dates or anything..

Terri is going to try to block book rooms at Dalhousie Uni..and as soon as we have anything further either she or i will post to you.

——————
    Jach’a mallku…terying to run seven things at once

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.