Could’ve been cool…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

As our Lexx hero’s (HDS,Tree & co.)were outside getting ready to leave D.C., back in the room where the masquerade was held Jefferson Starship was getting loose(of course) and Paul Kantner started pulling people in costume up on stage while they were playing-
    Noting his fondness for blondes in boots we knew he would’ve grabbed Xev(Tree) in the first round…just like something out of season 4-the crew of the Lexx on stage dancing with Starship! There was also a very well-known freelance foto-jack shooting mega pix…could have seen you guys in Rolling Stone…I should have dragged the lot of you back in to hang with us old hippies…I wish frey had still been there!

Anonymous

SORRY FREY!!! that didn’t exactly sound right,and it’s certainly not what I meant.You are neither old or a hippie! You are a wonderfully cool person and we were awfully glad to have finally met you!!!!! I just thought you would have appreciated such a scenario, ‘specially with Kai, Xev and Stan in the middle of it!

Anonymous

That would of been cool, we where wipped out. Plus, Kai,Xev and Stan had a run in with JS’s stage cronny.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by HisDivineShadow:
    That would of been cool, we where wipped out. Plus, Kai,Xev and Stan had a run in with JS’s stage cronny.

Yes, we were all dog tired. I wish I could have stayed and partied some more, but I was running on no more than four hours of sleep each night.

That little encounter we had with the stage hand struck me with deja vu. Thinking about it more, I think the same exact thing happened to me during one of my other visits to DragonCon in years past. And I think that prick yelled at me then, too. That guy was a megadick.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:

Yes, we were all dog tired. I wish I could have stayed and partied some more, but I was running on no more than four hours of sleep each night.

That little encounter we had with the stage hand struck me with deja vu. Thinking about it more, I think the same exact thing happened to me during one of my other visits to DragonCon in years past. And I think that prick yelled at me then, too. That guy was a megadick.

Yes, Flame was also “In the rug” =)and made to suffer with the rest of us.

As for the prick, theres always one everywhere you go.

Anonymous

Causing some trouble, eh? Did you guys make it up on stage before we got in there? Or were you the innocent victims of someones’ pompous self-importance? OR WAS IT ALL STANLEY’S FAULT!!!!????

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Trini_T:
    Causing some trouble, eh? Did you guys make it up on stage before we got in there? Or were you the innocent victims of someones’ pompous self-importance? OR WAS IT ALL STANLEY’S FAULT!!!!????

It happend when we were back stage after our mis-qued skit. Plus, he was pompous and self-important.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

SORRY FREY!!! that didn’t exactly sound right,and it’s certainly not what I meant.You are neither old or a hippie!

Well I missed hippidom (unless you are not talking about the movement but rather my shape, in which case hippiness did indeed find me. Or maybe you are talking about the ‘movement of my shape’ but that would be a hippyquake, I think. Sigh. )

But old? I have no problem with the term old, you get old or you get dead. I’ll take old anytime.

Jhevz
    Participant

Yea, Trini_T,
    Afterwards, during the photo shoot, I managed to get a picture of them & of His Divine Shadow; as soon as I get the film finished & developed, I’m definitely putting them on my computer & showing them to you.
    They (Kai, Stan, Xev & gang) were beautiful & so wonderful on stage; may be next yr, I’ll be in the Masquerade with them; either as Keyeo (Kai’s little sister), Stephalee (Stan’s Daughter) or Jhevz (Zev/Xev’s twin sister). I’ll be e-mailing HisDivineShadow soon for some advice on costume & make-up ideas; I’m glad I finally met you all; we’re a great group together; may be next yr, we can have a group picture of all of us.
    Frey, you missed a lot of really nice costumes in the Masquerade, & that’s including our gang of Lexx; it was tons of fun & can’t wait till next yr.
    Take care & have a great last of Summer & Fall.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Anonymous

Capital idea there, Fg! I think once people get there, and realize the majority of attendees are in costume,they would be comfortable putting one on…that’s half the fun! And the other half, as you attested to yourself, is being with a group.So if people show up to support Lexx, and there are extra costumes available,they have double the comfort zone (safety in numbers, and all that) And what a cool impact! People would really sit up and take notice!!! Why should only battalions of storm troopers get to walk the streets? T_T

Anonymous

I think thats a great idea!

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Why should only battalions of storm troopers get to walk the streets? T_T

Oh my Gawd! There had to be at least twenty Star Wars stormtroopers this year! And you can bet there will be even more in future years. I wanted to go up to a few of them and say, “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” LOL.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Oh my Gawd! There had to be at least twenty Star Wars stormtroopers this year! And you can bet there will be even more in future years. I wanted to go up to a few of them and say, “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?” LOL.

Actually it was said to one of them… but I can’t remember who did it. Gosh, I hope it wasn’t me. But it was that one short guy who’s costume didn’t fit at all in the back because he was short. At that time, the unforgiving nature of that costume was discussed, and I mentioned the too tall storm trooper that I had also noticed.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

I think for next year it would be really cool if I made a whole bunch of Divine Order cleric robes. It seems to me that it would be a very simple costume. I could make a dozen and have them available for people who want to wear a costume and get into the Masquerade. What do you guys think of that?

I have been pondering a modified moth breeder costume. Something on the order of a t-shirt weight sweat suit with the rest of the gear to go on it. But I haven’t worked out all the details yet since I have been non-stop since I got home. Something that is fun, yet would fit different sizes. And of course Brunnen-g female and elder outfits in the rainbow hues would be easy to make. I did toy with the idea of doing my self a Master of Ceremonies out fit, but who am I kidding. I would most likely be busy and want my pockets d*mn it.

But has been taking up most of my thoughts were the pendants and banners for the parade. Hummmm, I shall have to refresh myself on painted silk tecniques. I thought a few large floating Lexx banners with gauzy streamers might be nice. And then perhaps a few smaller moth pendants to swirl arround would be pretty. A lexxian in Russian gave me a few excellent moth pics to use as I need them. And I have a thought on the little stinger ship, but I have to think about that one more. After all, why should the Klingons be the only ones with the little pendants and flags?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

After all, why should the Klingons be the only ones with the little pendants and flags?

Damn right! I’ll make a Lexx flag!

Flamegrape
    Participant

I think for next year it would be really cool if I made a whole bunch of Divine Order cleric robes. It seems to me that it would be a very simple costume. I could make a dozen and have them available for people who want to wear a costume and get into the Masquerade. What do you guys think of that?

Jhevz
    Participant

That’s definitely a wonderful idea; I’ll be wearing my Keyeo costume, like I did last Sunday (only more refined), Stephalee (that’s including an orange or red coat) & Jhevz; I’m already starting to prepare routines for all 3 of them; I’m including music from Michael Flatley’s shows & from my new Lexx cd, then put them together. I’ll let you people know when I’m done & I’ll definitely be bringing either my cassette or cd to next yr’s Dragon*Con for you nice people to hear.
    I also like the idea of making Divine Order robes; I may just come up with 1 to put with my Keyeo costume & wear it; that’s if 1 of you nice people can now just talk me into spending some more of my Christmas 2001 (yes, gang; Christmas 2001) certificate, or even just to spend a little money.
    Thanks again for helping me fulfill my dream of being in 1 of the Southern States.
    Take care & have a great last of Summer & Fall.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.