Cricket sucks!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I hate cricket, chanel 4 sucks, the controlers are idiots

to anyone that isnt brittish this post is about the fact some stupid controlers at chanel 4 have decided that the cricket is far more interesting than both andromeda and SG1.

these people are idiots,

i hold no ill towards the cricketers themselves for having to extend the match only at the people who decided that entertaining programs should be replaced by one of the most boring sports in the world

Anonymous

Well the good news is, is that Cricket is a dying sport, the bad news is that we still have people who find it enjoyable, even though it is the most tedious and boring sport in existence.
    Sadly, channels like 4 won’t pay out for football, so they think that cricket will do (Ha), and are guaranteed to ruin everyone else’s day by showing it.
    But it won’t be too long before the idiots who run cricket realise that hardly anyone pays attention and decide to call it a day, the crowds are already dwindling.
    Squishy

Anonymous

I honestly believe that cricket is the game of the gods. It’s one of the most exciting games of strategy in existance and loved by millions of people all over the word!

Personaly, the idea of sitting in a cricket ground (or in front of the TV) and watching two teams throwing a leather ball at three peices of wood for five days…. is almost as good as sex!

Cannel 4 sucks because it has advertising! Imagine watching a test match all day… UNINTERUPTED!!!! {be still my beating heart!}

I have the same feelings as you about football (soccer). With the world cup coming up, life is gonna be hell!

[ 19-05-2002: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    I honestly believe that cricket is the game of the gods. It’s one of the most exciting games of strategy in existance and loved by millions of people all over the word!

Personaly, the idea of sitting in a cricket ground (or in front of the TV) and watching two teams throwing a leather ball at three peices of wood for five days…. is almost as good as sex!

Cannel 4 sucks because it has advertising! Imagine watching a test match all day… UNINTERUPTED!!!! {be still my beating heart!}

I have the same feelings as you about football (soccer). With the world cup coming up, life is gonna be hell!

[ 19-05-2002: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Well, it seems we are at opposite ends of the proverbial sporting stick!!!
    I love football and when the greatest sporting showpiece hits my T.V next month, you’ll find me sitting in the back garden with my tinnies enjoying every moment of the beautiful game.
    In case you haven’t guessed…I loathe cricket, have you ever noticed that it is mostly played by countries that are crap at football!?!
    It’s too slow for my liking and they are not really athletes, I can never see how anyone can get excited about it, it seems totally the opposite of the excitement and thrill football generates.
    I mean let’s face it, the cricket world cup is lame next to THE World Cup, the whole world will be going crazy when it kicks off in Korea and Japan.
    I remember taking an interest in the last international cricket match England played, half the stadium was empty, and Cricket has even attempted to bring a bit of football into the game, they have changed from the boring whites to the colourful kits you would see football teams wear.
    This is all in an effort to gather more fans, but the news is grim for Cricket, as it is still losing interest in the UK.
    Obviously India, Pakistan and Australia will always have a big following, as will the people in this country who originated from those countries…but most kids want to be around football.
    But football is our national sport, and like it or loathe it, it is important to this nation…the same cannot be said of Cricket.
    Squishy

Anonymous

well, at work we have the option to watch matches that go on during working hours in the canteen, for a donation to charity. worthy cause, worthy cause… not so much giving to those in need, but having the opportunity to sit at work, do nothing & still get payed!!! not a footie fan, but it’d be worth it!!! prefer men who play with funny shaped balls, myself…

Anonymous

well ive carmed down a bit but i still hate sport at the moment. not because its sport but the replace decent shows with it. not just cricket but buffy was being replaced by bloody snooker

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:
    Well the good news is, is that Cricket is a dying sport

Hahahahahahahaha. You are funny. Good one.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by theVodkaCircle:

Hahahahahahahaha. You are funny. Good one.

Well it is in the UK!!!

Squishy

Anonymous

i remember sitting down to watch ‘Star Trek’ at 6pm (whatever day it was) once, only to be greeted by the sight of The Crucible or wherever- complete with snooker players hunched over the table. i waited. after about five minutes the commentator came on and said something along the lines of “and for those of you who have tuned in to watch ‘Star Trek’, this has been postponed so that we can continue to bring you live coverage from The Crucible of this exciting semi-final between John Parrot & Steve Davis….”
    ARRRRGHHH!!!! NOOOO….
    how could they??? to me, snooker is about as interesting as watching paint dry!!! unfortunately though, this kind of thing happens all too often

Anonymous

Yes, Cricket DO infact, suck behind.

They should start airing from the paintball tournaments instead…..now thats entertainment!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.