cute picture to (hopefully) improve your day

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub cute picture to (hopefully) improve your day

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Hollydays
    Participant

Thanks to Logan for fixing this pic up for me so I can post it!

Happy Hollydays!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Truly delightful picture! ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks for sharing it with us.

Happy Hollydays to you and yours. ๐Ÿ™‚

Fatguy
    Participant

Nice Pic. Hollydays. I still am surprised that we have a member from Alberta. I was raised in Edmonton, Alberta – Back in the Oil days when we wanted to separate from Canada! ๐Ÿ˜†

Maurice – Prairie boy and gun lover to the end…..

Hollydays
    Participant

Alberta is an excellent place to be….I could drive to B.C. and check out Andromeda being filmed without having to live in B.C. (I Love B.C. but it seems very hard to get a good job there besides paying a fortune for property).

I have lived in many places in Alberta, and Edmonton and Calgary are the best!

Lots of movies are filmed out here in the west (I know Toronto prob has more) and you can easily sign up to be an extra (which is loads of fun).

It is too bad there aren’t more members from Alberta….too many people here succumb to Trekkie land and Baldors Gate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames; two of the greatest hockey teams ever; especially the Oilers in its heyday. Sad to say I haven’t travelled Alberta. Haven’t seen much of Canada at all, having for some reason chosen to travel to more distant lands. Jasper is somewhere I could live.

Now I’m B.C. homegrown and love the mountains and the sea. Like Vancouver, and love the srrounding nature, just not the lower-mainland part where I now reside. I’m not a city person, and really I’d like to leave Vancouver, though I’d always miss it, it’s only family (including my wife’s career) that keeps me here.

For me, if I could live anywhere I’ve been, it would probably be Kyoto, Japan. Absolutely love it there, once you’ve turned Japanese, there aint no turning back…

BTW, there are lots of film/TV productions here, I’m just sad that we don’t have a very strong indigenous film industry.

Hollydays
    Participant

I haven’t travelled much at all…but I think Canada is a great place to be! Apparently some of the best Sadgeezers live here ๐Ÿ˜‰ hmmm….maybe that is not a vote of confidence for Canada? Did you watch the outdoor Hockey game we had?

๐Ÿ˜ˆ

I couldn’t live in Japan…I would feel too big and fat. ๐Ÿ˜†

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Hollydays wrote:

I haven’t travelled much at all…but I think Canada is a great place to be! Apparently some of the best Sadgeezers live here ๐Ÿ˜‰ hmmm….maybe that is not a vote of confidence for Canada? Did you watch the outdoor Hockey game we had?

๐Ÿ˜ˆ

I couldn’t live in Japan…I would feel too big and fat. ๐Ÿ˜†

Indeed, some of the best sadgeezers are here. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ Although I think of the Canadian contingent as CanadaGeesers. ๐Ÿ™‚

I wish I could’ve been out there watching the hockey geezers in the freezing cold. I seriously considered making the trip.

As for being in Japan, you wouldn’t feel too big and fat next to the sumo wrestlers! I went to a sumo party at a friend’s house in Vancouver a few years ago (same person I got the job in Japan through). Many of the big sumo names came to the party (they were having a special Vancouver exhibition), and I have some funny pictures of myself and my wife dwarfed by the wrestlers — we look so small and insignificant. My wife is petite, and there was a funny picture of her in the newspaper in a sumo sandwich. I must scan those pics at some time. She was a sumo fan so it was pretty exciting for her. The nicest thing was that it was filmed by NHK TV from Japan, so our Japanese friends saw us on TV over there.

Much as I love it here (and it’s ski season, yehay!), I really miss Japan. The problem with travelling a lot, especially if you really live in a few countries for a while, is that you leave a big piece of your heart in those places. ๐Ÿ™ Wish I could take the best from various places and set it down here (if not the scenery, then the customs).

With a family it does become harder to travel when the yen hits you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Found one of the sumo sandwich ones with my wife which I’d already scanned for the computer (she’s the one in the middle by the way, there were larger sumos there): Loganette

And I can’t resist a Christmas pic of my joy (most of the digital pics didn’t work out at all, blurry, underexposed, overexposed, still getting used to the camera):

Fatguy
    Participant

Wow! Has she grown…..that is your little girl…..right? Do they grow that fast? Here I plead ignorant as I have no children ๐Ÿ˜ฅ (but the ex-wife has ๐Ÿ‘ฟ – but not mine….. 8) ).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, Maurice, that is. It’s been over five months now, and they change very fast. ๐Ÿ™‚ She’s more than doubled her weight; has gained many skills, strength and dexterity. She even plays the xylopone, though not very well. Must admit that I didn’t want children before it happened (at least not until I was 50, which has been the family tradition), but it’s such a rewarding experience — glad I sowed my wild oats.

Speaking to the other proud mother, lol: Hollydays, how old is yours?

iStan
    Participant
    Hollydays wrote:

Alberta is an excellent place to be….I could drive to B.C. and check out Andromeda being filmed without having to live in B.C. (I Love B.C. but it seems very hard to get a good job there besides paying a fortune for property).

I have lived in many places in Alberta, and Edmonton and Calgary are the best!

Lots of movies are filmed out here in the west (I know Toronto prob has more) and you can easily sign up to be an extra (which is loads of fun).

It is too bad there aren’t more members from Alberta….too many people here succumb to Trekkie land and Baldors Gate.

Great pic, it reminds me of when my we’en was young and innocent.

Hey, hey, an accident of birth resulted in me being an Albertan- a Calgarian to be exact. Good to see an Alberta booster out there. Convert those Trekkies. Just wondering here, but why is Alberta the only prairie province to never vote NDP? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Hollydays
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ Oh my, Logan! What a cutie pie she is…and that hair! She looks so tiny in her exersaucer…

My little guy is 7 months old now and it is sooo much fun because he just gets more and more interactive.

Oh, and I checked out the pic of your beautiful wife and the sumos…those guyts look like a lot of fun to hang out with!

Jhevz
    Participant

Logan,
    Your daughter’s a cutey; she’s got more hair on her head than I did at her age. She’s grown since the last picture of her; & she’s still a cutey. Wow I can’t wait for more pictures as well as updates about her. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I hope you & your family has a great & wonderful New Yr.

Happy 2004 for you & your family,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

mandara k
    Participant

Will you look at those sweeties; Holly lovely little guy and Logan; my has she grown!!!

Kids are cool! They grow so fast ; why would you ever want them to grow up fast? I mean my niece wants real make-up now. i really don’t want her to grow up and be like the teacher Barbie- doll they used to have with that molded plastic fake perkyness. ๐Ÿ™„ Fake studious Barbie freakin’ actually says “Math is hard.” Great role model for little girls !:x It’s a joke now btn friends when we see someone doing a ditzy thing; We say in a breathless voice “Math is Hard.”

If you don’t aspire to be more; you won’t. Reach for the stars pardners! ๐Ÿ’ก

nursewhen
    Participant

Aw…. what a cutesy in her play saucer ๐Ÿ˜€
    You have a lovely wife too, Logan ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

Both Hollydays and I have certainly been blessed with our children — Master and Miss Baby Universe anyone? With Hollyday’s son on a flying swing, and my daughter in a play flying saucer*, I’m sure they’re both ready to reach for the stars. Okay, so the saucer isn’t flying…yet.

*batteries, antigrav, and hyperdrive not included

BTW, math is not my forte, but it is my wife’s (she’s more a maths and science person, me arts)… We’ll see which parent Niala scholastically takes after. ๐Ÿ˜€

Happy 2004, everyone. I know it’s a most amazing New Year for me, and it must be for Hollydays. Lucky we are. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.