DA express finally arrives.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff DA express finally arrives.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Dark Angel, a show that I’ve only fleetingly heard mentioned a number of times countable upon one hand, finally makes it to Australia’s shores. Just thought I’d share the good news.

——————
    Yoda of Borg are we: Futile, resistance is. Assimilate you, we will. Hmmm?

Anonymous

I strongly recommend that you watch it if you can. I was a little dubious when I first saw the trailers but after watching the first episode I was hooked.
    Not only is Jessica Alba (who plays Max) hot, she also kicks ass. The storyline is excellent and the setting (a kind of 3rd world style, military America) is also a cool idea.
    Series one ended with a brilliant cliff hanger, and Nana Visitor (Kira from DS9) makes an appearance as a baddie.
    All in all, a really good show.

——————
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Replicant Roy Batty in Bladerunner.

Anonymous

Finally saw the 2hr pilot. Its good but I have two points to pick at.
    First, Max is too pouty. It would be an exageration to say that her lips take up a third of her face but you get my point.
    Secondly, her detached manner. There are times she’s a young, carefree thing chatting away with her legions of friends, and then there are times she clams up and her mind goes a million miles away. Admittedly, this is probably part of the character but it results in Max being a little uninteresting.
    Otherwise its slick action series. A little too sugarcoated family values at times but I’m fine with that.

ps:”James Cameron’s Dark Angel”? Does anyone else but me hear the sound of an overinflated ego?

——————
    Yoda of Borg are we: Futile, resistance is. Assimilate you, we will. Hmmm?

Anonymous

I don’t really like the show probably because she kind of bores me. They’re aren’t the greatest actors on it either.

——————
    Joe: He’s young, all right? Young people….they make mistakes.
    Methos: – Yeah, look at disco.

[This message has been edited by tolandria (edited July 30, 2001).]

Anonymous

Stick with it. It does get better once the general story gets going. The last few eps were especially good, and the seson ended with a great cliff hanger

Anonymous

I don’t know. I just can’t get into it.

——————
    Joe: He’s young, all right? Young people….they make mistakes.
    Methos: – Yeah, look at disco.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.