Death episodes were Aeons Nightmares?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Animated Cult Sci Fi Γ†on Flux Death episodes were Aeons Nightmares?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Did you know that the death toons of aeon flux were her nightmares?

I recently recieved an email from ALan Karcher who suggested that the short episode of Aeon Flux cartoons were here nightmares. I’m not sure anyone else has had that idea before?

What do you think?

Anonymous

nope, no idea. There was never any captions or dialogue in any of the episodes I saw. I figured it was left to the imagination.

I kinda pictured that it was actually her daughter, then granddaughter. Or clones, or parallel universes. But never did I consider that it could be her nightmares. Cool trick =)

starboi
    Participant

I always thought of these epidsodes as sort of a “what if…” I never thought of them as being part of the storyline. I think these are more for fun and are completely seperate from the actual story. I dont believe Aeon ever dies in the series…though no one can really be sure whether or not what has been released is all of the episodes, maybe she does eventually get killed. I like the idea of them being her nightmares…that to me makes more sense than a heroine who is resurrected after every death to continue the show…

aeonfluxdvd
    Participant

This idea definitely explains things a little better, but anything seems to be possible in Aeon’s world…

Anonymous

Good point. I’m also not sure about these being Aeon’s dreams since we aren’t supposed to be able to dream death – the one common feature of the shorts.

Personally, if it’s going to be based on dreams, why not Trevors dreams/nightmares?

CLR2
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

Good point. I’m also not sure about these being Aeon’s dreams since we aren’t supposed to be able to dream death – the one common feature of the shorts.

Personally, if it’s going to be based on dreams, why not Trevors dreams/nightmares?

I always thought these shorts were capsules. My opnion is that there’s no right answer and that whatever you assume is happening, is.

Using the main character as a tool to reinforce his (Chang’s) message, expandable – often times like her role in the story, is pure genius.

The themes the characters represent are interesting aswell. Chaos and order seem to come up often, and what I found even more interesting is that each character doesn’t represent the same theme or value in every episode. Sometimes Trevor may embody traits and attitudes Aeon usually portrays.

IMO Aeon Flux is some of the better fiction out there.

Did it really get good ratings when they were originally aired – I mean MTV? Isn’t their demographic between 10-16?

theFrey
    Participant

Hey! I used to like My MTV until years ago when my stupid Cable company cut it from my line up. And I am definately not a tween. πŸ˜‰

But life is good, we had to go to digital cable and I have it and many more stations now. Wheee me. Hundreds of channels and nothing is on. πŸ˜€ but I did get my MTV back. πŸ™‚

Anonymous
    theFrey wrote:

….But life is good, we had to go to digital cable and I have it and many more stations now. Wheee me. Hundreds of channels and nothing is on. πŸ˜€ but I did get my MTV back. πŸ™‚

But did you get Aeon Flux!? By far the best show on MTV

aquabloodstone
    Participant

Oh yes, I miss liquid television and Aeon Flux so!
    The Real World just doesn’t fill the same void.

jkno
    Participant
    starboi wrote:

I always thought of these epidsodes as sort of a “what if…” I never thought of them as being part of the storyline…

my thoughts exactly!!! πŸ™‚

prurigro
    Participant

hey, was just browsing and I noticed this thread (one I found a bit of an answer for not too long ago on wikipedia) it reads

“One peculiarity of the early shorts is the violent death of Γ†on Flux, which occurs in each of the installments (by contrast, she only “dies” once in the half-hour series). Often her death is caused by fate; sometimes she dies due to her own incompetence. One of the half-hour episodes, “A Last Time For Everything”, ends with the original Γ†on being killed and replaced by an identical clone. Although continuity is not non-existent in the series — and Chung made some adjustments for the DVD release to improve this — the only unchanging continuity between half-hour episodes is the two main characters of Trevor and Γ†on. There is intentionally no continuity between the shorts. Peter Chung has said that this plot ambiguity and disregard for continuity are meant as a satire of mainstream action films, and his stories often emphasize the futility of violence and the ambiguity of personal morality.”

mind you, if you want another possible explination– later when she meets that boy in chronophasia, the boy who turns out to be her son from thousands of years ago (or at least thats what it seems like its saying) who can control time, he also says hes been waiting forever- he reset her time numerous times when you can only assume she died, maybe he did the same when aeon died in the shorts? if he wants to keep her alive till they can meet of course…

**edit** mind you this explination or the dream explination doesn’t really account for the tv monitors with various aeons and one of them flashing when the featured one dies (in pilot) — this would imply a whole bunch of aeons wheras the half hour episodes would have you believe theres only one, so in that respect you could say neither are really connected at all asside from the characters.

anyway, hope you enjoy the info -cheers (this sites british right? ;))

Kevin

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.