Divine order

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I read in the paper that Jedi knight was now an offical religion, because so many people stuck it down on their census form.

How about for the next one, people vote for the Divine order?
    It would make a cool religion (thinks I)

Anonymous

I wonder who make a good head of the Divine Order?…any ideas…perhaps Osama Bin Laden!!!
    Though I wouldn’t want to join that religion, but I’d eat the members brains quite happily!!!
    And that’s funny about that Jedi Religion thingy, was that done because of the lack of choice in the last presidental election???
    Hmmm, Obi-Wan Kenobi the new prez!!!
    Squishy

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squish-ums:
    Hmmm, Obi-Wan Kenobi the new prez!!!
    Squishy

I thought they had nominated Senator Palpatine?

Anonymous

Not officialy a religion, but it’s been recognized as ‘so many people claim to be members of the Jedi Knights’

How ’bout ‘Lexxian’ as a religion? We could have our own holiday, ‘Lexxmas’ where we stay home and watch Lexx and give our friends presents and sing Lexxy carols like ‘Stanley Tweedle is a God’ and Xev’s Cluster Lizard song. We could have it on the anniversery of the release of the movies or somthing.

And drink Pattern.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia of B3K
    How ’bout ‘Lexxian’ as a religion? We could have our own holiday, ‘Lexxmas’ where we stay home and watch Lexx and give our friends presents and sing Lexxy carols like ‘Stanley Tweedle is a God’ and Xev’s Cluster Lizard song. We could have it on the anniversery of the release of the movies or somthing.

And drink Pattern.

While I’m not in any hurry to convert, I do like the idea of Lexxmas or possibly Bob’s Comet Day. I wonder how many people would be up to something like that?

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    And drink Pattern.

Pattern! I wonder what kind of drink mix that would be? I think you’re on to something here! “Mix me a Pattern!” I like it. Didn’t that stuff glow?

Headgehog
    Participant

Originally posed by FlamegrapeDidn’t that stuff glow?

Making stuff glow is easier and much less deadlier then you might think! Hell we do it down here at school all the time. Most of the time we do it without the reactor.

My roomates and I frequently make glowign booze, crystals etc. All it takes is a highlighter. Just pu the tip of your highlighter into the liquid and let the dye ome out. This should only take a second or three. If you intend to drink it, vodka, rum, pina colada, jello shots, make sure it says non-toxic on the highlighter. If not you”l kill more brain cell sthen you would by normally drinking. You won’t even taste the dye! I suspect they used the same procedure for pattern, in the show.

To make crystals, just follow the directions in your kit, but use highlighter dyed water instead of mundane water.

Just in case anyones interested, to make stuff glow by nuclear means, place the object by a neutron source (nuclear reactor), allow to sit for a while. After removing the object it will glow shortly, salts work best. Roaches don’t glow or die, so don’t bother trying.

Anonymous

Songs for Lexxmas:

To the tune of ‘Holly Jolly Christmas’

Have a happy, wacky Lexxmas
    Full of loveslaves and good cheer
    Have a happy wacky lexxmas
    With cluster lizards near
    dead assasains and good beer!
    As the plant lady hangs mistletoe
    Xev’s off to find some men
    The captain says ‘I dunno,
    We’ll be almost killed again’

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    Songs for Lexxmas:

To the tune of ‘Holly Jolly Christmas’

Have a happy, wacky Lexxmas
    Full of loveslaves and good cheer
    With cluster lizards near
    dead assasains and good beer!
    As the plant lady hangs mistletoe
    Xev’s off to find some men
    The captain says ‘I dunno,
    We’ll be almost killed again’

hypatia, you are killing me! i just snorted ginger ale out my nose again and headgehog, anyone who knows how a roach reacts to a reactor scares me, and should probably be writing for lexx…thanx for the recipes though (fx shuffles off to look for non toxic highlighters)

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Origianlly posted by FX
    headgehog, anyone who knows how a roach reacts to a reactor scares me, and should probably be writing for lexx…thanx for the recipes though (fx shuffles off to look for non toxic highlighters)

Thank-you

/rant
    I’ve read that Paul D was a physics major in collge. I can confidently say that they are a serious bunch of crazy masochists. I entered college as a physics major. I was slected for their (Univeristy of New Mexico) honors phyics program. Talk about mistake of mistakes. Honors physics is a gpa killer and a great way to give yourself migranes! I took me 3 weeks to go from Major: Phyics Minor: Nuke E and Math to just a straight Nuclear Engineering major. Physics SUCKS. I imagine that his physics backround is what gave us LEXX. That kind of hardcore thininking and resoning will drive oyu nuts to one degree or another.
    /rant

As for making booze glow, Alchohol is common in college (Even though I rarely even drink enough to get a small buzz, and I don’t drink much in between that, really honest), but making it glow is what happens when residence puts 4 hardcore science/engineering majors in the same SRC (apartment like dorm)

Finally, experiments on roaches were done a few years back, just for ****s and giggles. An entire group of roaches survived over 5 hours in a 5 W(t) nuclear reactor. They were determied to kill them so they put them into a cobalt cell. Think of it as a super power x ray machine. Then forgot about them, and them retrieved them after a few weeks. All were alive but one, who was being eaten by the others.
    Like they say, after a nuclear holocaust only roaches and cher will survive!

Headgehog
    Participant

One thing that I forgot to mention, the glowing works best under a black light. Try it with lemon or pineapple jello shots, they light up a small area of the room under a blacklight! However the fluorescents will still show in normal light.

Also I type much too fast and often forget to spell check, so please excuse all my past/present/future typos.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    …after a nuclear holocaust only roaches and cher will survive!

Don’t steal my novel ideas!

Anonymous

Hedgehog: Here here, I won’t major in Physics, although I did think about it. Actually, I’m writing a paper for my physics class now, about (drumroll please) THE HIGGS BOSON! Do ya think I’m more likely to get an A if I mention Lexx, and put pictures of Xenia Seeberg on my paper?

FX: Put the ginger ale down, I hope this one’s as good to the tune of ‘The Dreidle Song’)

I have a little Lexx
    I it out of protien
    When he gets big enough
    With my Lexx I shall play
    Lexxy, Lexxy, Lexxy Lexx
    I made it out of protien
    Lexxy lexxy lexxy lexx
    Planets get blown away
    Oh, Lexxy Lexxy Lexxy Lexx
    He has a lovely body
    And a fun personality
    Oh Lexxy Lexxy Lexxy Lexx
    Won’t you blow up the Cluster for me?

Anonymous

How’d the little ‘ ‘ emoticon happen?

I suppose I should register so I can edit.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    Do ya think I’m more likely to get an A if I mention Lexx, and put pictures of Xenia Seeberg on my paper?

YES

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Coco:
    I read in the paper that Jedi knight was now an offical religion, because so many people stuck it down on their census form.

How about for the next one, people vote for the Divine order?
    It would make a cool religion (thinks I)

would it confer any tax benefits? if so, may his divine shadow fall upon…me…preferably

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Hypatia of B3K
    Hedgehog: Here here, I won’t major in Physics, although I did think about it. Actually, I’m writing a paper for my physics class now, about (drumroll please) THE HIGGS BOSON! Do ya think I’m more likely to get an A if I mention Lexx, and put pictures of Xenia Seeberg on my paper?

What physics are you in that’s going over experimental particle physics? I beleive that particle physics is a senior/grad level course here. But bosons are brought up during a junior level course in nuke e.

Putting a picture of Xenia on your paper will more then likely bump your grade up. Especially with a physics teacher/prof. Bonus points if its a high school teacher. Of course younger physics profs are frequently sci-fi fans so mentioning lexx may help. For some reason older physics profs hate sci-fi. One prof claimed that he gave up on the romantic ideals of science and its applications long ago. I should also mention this was my honors physics prof.

As for smiley faces, one almost spontaneously made it into one of my posts earlier today.

Anonymous

‘Tis an optional paper, much advanced for the course I’m in and probably overkill. But it’s almost done and overkill can be impressive. I think I will leave the part that refers to Lexx in.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    FX: Put the ginger ale down, I hope this one’s as good to the tune of ‘The Dreidle Song’)

I have a little Lexx
    I it out of protien
    When he gets big enough
    With my Lexx I shall play
    Lexxy, Lexxy, Lexxy Lexx
    I made it out of protien
    Lexxy lexxy lexxy lexx
    Planets get blown away
    Oh, Lexxy Lexxy Lexxy Lexx
    He has a lovely body
    And a fun personality
    Oh Lexxy Lexxy Lexxy Lexx
    Won’t you blow up the Cluster for me?

rofl! another addition to my ‘hanukkah bush trimming’ soundtrack!

thanx for the warning this time

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

Don’t steal my novel ideas!

Come on, DT.. it’s common knowledge that roaches will survive a nuclear holocost and plastic is non-bio-degradible

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.