Do Geeks watch Sports?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Do Geeks watch Sports?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

YES!! And I’ve got dibs on the Pub 42″ HD Screen at 3PM EST. Gold Metal Hockey! U.S. vs Canada!
    Richter vs. Brodeur!
    Wide rink, 2 line passes, real skating!
    Gretzky sitting in the sky box agonizing ’cause he can still see all the openings but he’s not on the ice….

Ahem, excuse me, got a little carried away–I sort of like hockey. So don’t you dare change that channel today. I’ll repay the favor by letting you Europeans watch World Cup in peace and you Australian guys watch……I dunno, America’s Cup yachting maybe?????

elmey

Anonymous

woo hoo! Thanks for the reminder Elmey! I barked to get the channel changed to hockey.

I also enjoy…Ballroom Dancing, walks in the wind, and snuggling on a cold day under blankets…oops, sorry, this isn’t a personal is it? LOL!

(pushing the smiley quota)

Anonymous

CONGRATS
    to the Canandian hockey team on their gold medal win! it was a great fight!

Anonymous

BTW drinks are on the house in their honor!
    and lets not forget about the womens win too.
    *Lars would you be a dear and get the extra glasses out of the back room?*

Anonymous

Great Game! Congrats to the Canadians! It was
    almost worth losing just to see Gretzky finally relax and smile.

And definitely congrats to the women’s team as well.

Now where’s those free drinks?

elmey

DalekTek790
    Participant

I wasn’t going to watch the olympics, but a psychic on a website said a huge U.F.O. would show up at the games Thursday, and I was going to check that out just in case. But I had too much work to do. I assume we’re still officially alone in the Universe, since I didn’t read anything about that.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    I wasn’t going to watch the olympics, but a psychic on a website said a huge U.F.O. would show up at the games Thursday, and I was going to check that out just in case. But I had too much work to do. I assume we’re still officially alone in the Universe, since I didn’t read anything about that.

Bah! I bet its just a wedge shaped hot air balloon powered by swamp gas that will be flying over the stadium just as the planet venus is setting.

-SM

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

Ice hockey ? Whats that ?
    Me ? I love rugby league, cricket, pool, touch football and sports involving athletic women in lycra.

Sporting dislikes ?
    Horse racing, motor racing, basketball, golf, any equestrian sport, any sport with extreme somewhere in the title, rugby union, skiing and did I mention basketball ?

Anonymous

i have a particular fondness for cross-country chess.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Slopmaster:

Bah! I bet its just a wedge shaped hot air balloon powered by swamp gas that will be flying over the stadium just as the planet venus is setting.-SM

Close, but no cigar. It was ball lightning ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous

Sports dislikes?

I’ve got a rather lengthy list….but my all time dislike is watching sports where people wear makeup:
    I’m talking figure skating, twelve year old anorexic girls hopping on wooden beams and yes, the dreaded water ballet
    And that reminds me, isn’t someone trying to make ballroom dancing an Olympic sport?

elmey

Flamegrape
    Participant

I live in the southern United States and I dispise most team sports. I live in a state where american football is worshipped as God. No, not pro american football but college american football. On a scale of 1 to 10, the amount the college values it’s football team is 11 and the amount it values education is 0.

Some friends of mine are all a-buzz about going to see the U.S. football (soccer) team this weekend. They are not even a minority, they are an anomaly! I have far more respect for football (soccer) than american football. Strangely enough, I think rugby is even more gay (homo-erotic) than american football. I think the men in those sports enjoy rubbing up against each other. A gay man once told me that there are far more gay men in all of american football than there are in all of ballet. More rainbow power to ya, fellas.

The only type of sports that I enjoy watching is motor sports. Beleive it or not, I’m a fan of NASCAR racing. Why? Because I’m a redneck? NO! Far from it. I respect it because it’s a TECHNOLOGICAL sport. I’ve observed how it’s evolved down through the years and even from season to season! It’s all about a person’s knowledge of machines and how to use them. Even more astonishing is that there are actually a few women NASCAR drivers! Recently, I’ve become interested in Rally racing. Rally racing looks really difficult!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.