Doctor Who Fan Fiction Writers Wanted

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Doctor Who Fan Fiction Writers Wanted

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

My name is Bob and I am the Editor-In-Chief for the Canadian Doctor Who fan fiction series, THE DOCTOR WHO PROJECT. The Doctor Who Project, or more commonly referred to as TDWP, is presently in the midst of an active campaign seeking new writers for the project.

TDWP centers around the continuing adventures of an alternate eighth Doctor and his companion, former British secret agent, Tamara Scott. (A third companion, Grae, a female Time Lord, will be added for Season 31.) TDWP continues Doctor Who as if it never left the airwaves in 1989, bringing readers new and exciting stories in the grand tradition of the show as it aired on television. TDWP treats each publication as a season of stories, using a combination of stand-alone pieces and stories that explore new chapters in an on-going story arc. We are also considering launching a second fan fiction series called “The Lost Stories” which will feature stories centered around the travels of the first to seventh Doctor.

TDWP is based in Vancouver, Canada and is produced, and published, by a group of fellow Doctor Who fans like yourself. In addition to myself, the main Editorial Board consists of the project Editor, Tim Jones with Assistant Editor, Kyle Bastian. TDWP has been in existence since 1998 and to date we have published 3 omnibus editions of stories, the most recent being the Season 29 Omnibus in March, with a fourth edition, the TDWP Season 30 Omnibus, to be published in December. In May, we were the recipient of the 2001 MediaWest FANQ awards, “Best Doctor Who Zine (General)” for our Season 28 Omnibus, and “Best Doctor Who Story (General)” for “The Darkest Day”.

As I mentioned above we are hoping to attract new contributors to the project, and I hope some of the above has at least sparked your curiousity. If you would like further information about TDWP, please feel free to check out our extensive website located at http://thedoctorwhoproject.freeservers.com . There you will find a whole host of information from the type of stories previously published, information on planned publications, the TDWP Writers Guide, the TDWP programme guide, reviews, news and more. As well, we maintain a private discussion forum for the use of the project’s writers to discuss story ideas and plans which can be found at http://www.delphi.com/tdwp/start/.

Thank you for allowing me to take a few moments of your time. I look forward to hearing from you and to possibly welcoming you as a new contributor of TDWP.

Bob aka CdnBob
    Editor-In-Chief, TDWP

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for visiting.
    I, for one must decline, simply because I can’t write to save my life!
    I think DalekTek is our resident Who guru.

DalekTek790
    Participant

I am a published science fiction writer and devoted Whovian, but I’m afraid I must also decline. I’m rather wrapped up in my own work at the moment, and I don’t feel I’m up to working with the popular creations of others.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.