Does anyone remember……

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    charrfanatic
    Participant

Hello all

I’m in desperate need of help as this is driving me crazy! I have a recollection of the following somewhere in the HGTTG world – there is an “animal” that arthur & ford come across that keeps evolving so fast it literally changes in front of their eyes. i’ve re-read the books again and it’s not there. i got hold of the bbc cd of the original radio series and had a listen and it’s not there. does anyone remember this and where i might find it……… i’m a “sad” biologist who wants to include HGTTG in my teaching!

yours hopefully

Anonymous

It seems familiar and sure sounds like a Douglas Adams thing, but I can’t say I remember that one (I certainly didn’t write about such a creature in the HHGTG TV Epsiode Reviews). I’ll check with a couple of people and get back to you – it may have been in diferent Doug Adams story.

spooookie
    Participant

YES! the creature is in “Restaurant at the end of the Universe” I think ๐Ÿ˜• it is actually a the captain of a race of beings on a battleship who evolve so fast they dont even recogise each other and the Hitchhikers take it in turns to sit in the captains chair to try to fool the other warships crew
    what they dont realise is that the captain IS the chair!

spooookie
    Participant

Ammendment!

The Evolving creatures are in one of the Audiobooks,They appear just after Marvin opens the Door to the Spaceship after they leave the Restaurant….NOT Hotblacks ship mind you…this is a Warship,but il have to find the recording again to tell you what they are called

spooookie
    Participant
    charrfanatic wrote:

Hello all

I’m in desperate need of help as this is driving me crazy! I have a recollection of the following somewhere in the HGTTG world – there is an “animal” that arthur & ford come across that keeps evolving so fast it literally changes in front of their eyes. i’ve re-read the books again and it’s not there. i got hold of the bbc cd of the original radio series and had a listen and it’s not there. does anyone remember this and where i might find it……… i’m a “sad” biologist who wants to include HGTTG in my teaching!

yours hopefully

The Creatures are called Haggunenons and they appear in the Primary Phase of the Radio series “Fit the Sixth”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.