Douglas Adams dies, age 49

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Anonymous

Toasting a pan-galactic gargle blaster to Douglas, a frood who really knew where his towel was.

So long Douglas, hope you have a nice time at Milliways!

——————
    ————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Anonymous

Omygawd! I just read it here and came running to the SadBoard! Jeez, louise! This is suckage MOST foul! I read his books and saw the series, not in that order but I loved them so MUCH! Hells, bells and buckets of blood, this is such a cosmic mistake. Well, so long and thanks for all the fish, Doug dude! You will be sorely missed! (sniff!)

Anonymous

Totally awful ๐Ÿ™

Don’t you just hate it when people that make us laugh so much leave us like that.

So long Douglas.

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited May 13, 2001).]

Anonymous

Still full of irony, even in death.

Died at 49
    (seven times seven)

trillian
    Participant

Thank you Mr. Adams for creating this name and the wonderful, twisted, ironic tales that went with them.

Your stories were the first introduction I had into the lunacy of the world.

There never will be another.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

DalekTek790
    Participant

What a shock! The obituary online only listed three sequels to The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, leaving out Mostly Harmless. I saw on this documentary about Douglas Adams that he had some material regarding Dent, Prefect and the rest of the gang that he might flesh out into anothe book. I guess that’ll never be.

So do we know if there’s going to still be a theatrical Hitchhiker movie?

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

*observes a moment of silence for the passing of a genius*

One more cool person I’ll never get the chance to meet*adds Douglas Adams to the list that already has John Lennon, Freddie Mercury and Carl Sandburg on it*Really, why couldn’t I have been born a decade or three ago? Everything and everyone cool happened before I was born…

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

And it will be unofficially declared towel day on this Friday 25th (at least in Australia it will).

——————
    Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.

Anonymous

For more info go to
    http://www.towelday.org

Its only for tomorrow.

——————
    Yoda of Borg are we: Futile is resistance. Assimilate you, we will.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.