Dr Who – BBC Apologise

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series Dr Who Dr Who – BBC Apologise

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

(from Sky News)

BBC Says Sorry To Dr Who

Blundering Dr Who bosses have apologised to actor Christopher Eccleston after they revealed he was quitting before speaking to him.

Christopher decided to leave the show after just one series because he feared being typecast. But bosses announced his resignation to the public without telling him.

They then released a statement which they said had been written by the actor – but had been written by show bosses.

The troubled Beeb credited him as saying: “The audience’s response for the new Doctor Who has been incredible and I am really proud to be part of it and I hope viewers continue to enjoy the series.”

Jane Tranter, head of drama commissioning said: “The BBC regrets not speaking to Christopher before it responded to press questions. The BBC further regrets that it falsely attributed a statement to Christopher and apologises to him.”

Meanwhile, Spaced (also Shawn of the Dead) actor Simon Pegg has been cast as a villain in the new series.

He will make a cameo appearance in a role called The Editor, who controls the 500th floor of a mysterious building from which time travellers do not return.

Pegg, 35, told Nuts magazine: “It’s a real honour to be in it. To be a Doctor Who villain was a bit of a dream come true, so I was very happy to do that.”

Former Coronation Street star Bruno Langley, One Foot In The Grave star Richard Wilson and Green Wing actress Tamsin Greig are also set to appear in forthcoming episodes.

Anonymous

So, was the real reason he left after one season that he feared being typecast, or did the BBC make that up too???

I was just getting used to CE when I heard he was replaced. 🙁

MM

Bearded_Dragon
    Participant

I must say, having been a long time fan that the new Doctor is very good. Rose took a bit to grow on me, but she has as well.

BD – 6.66×100 – The scientific notation of the Beast.

MetalliKat
    Participant

…i think you’ll find that’s

6.66 x 10 raised by the power of 2
    😉
    greetings! 😀
    (and i’ve just tried for the last 15 minutes to make that a superscript 2!!! 🙄 )

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.