Dr Who invaded by LEXX?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series Dr Who Dr Who invaded by LEXX?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

It seems to me that someone on Dr Who is a big fan (or has been subliminally brainwashed) by LEXX.

First, the TARDIS console room is very reminicent of LEXX’s bridge with it’s organic look, and the column of the console now reaching all the way to the “ceiling.”

And then there’s the episode that’s just aired in the US. “Bad Wolf” is a LOT like LEXX’s “Lafftrak” except for using REAL shows.

๐Ÿ˜ฏ

MM

Faldor
    Participant

hey

not to put you off but i think its just one of those coincidences here ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doctor Who has had the “Warp Core” stype time rotor since 1996 and i really don’t see much resemblence between LEXX’s bridge and the new Tardis interior.

and the idea of having characters go into TV shows was hardly something new to LEXX

lvcambot
    Participant
    ”Micromary” wrote:

It seems to me that someone on Dr Who is a big fan (or has been subliminally brainwashed) by LEXX.

First, the TARDIS console room is very reminicent of LEXX’s bridge with it’s organic look, and the column of the console now reaching all the way to the “ceiling.”

Set art designers have been shooting for “Organtic Sets” forever. Think of second season War of the Worlds. That was a steaming load.

Farscape also had its Organtic/Living Ship! Yawn…

Lexx is the only Sci-Fi series to ever get it right.

The main problem as I see it.. All the TV Sci-Fi have turned into Fantasy Fiction. Science is dead. Just look at the typical *Hit* series found on Sci-Fi channel. They all suffer from a Fantasy style pandering to lonely cat hording losers.

Its all so bad. JMHO.

GENE

Jhevz
    Participant
    ”Micromary” wrote:

And then there’s the episode that’s just aired in the US. “Bad Wolf” is a LOT like LEXX’s “Lafftrak” except for using REAL shows.

๐Ÿ˜ฏ

MM

I thought I was the only 1 who thought that, Micromary,
    `Bad Wolf’ does remind me a lot like & of `LEXX’s Lafftrak’; except for using real life shows, I thought there was something fishy in Denmark. & not only that, Daleks are so stupid; they all should have a sign that says, `I Am A Dalek, I Am Stupid!’. I wonder what part 2 will bring.

Whovians & Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Faldor wrote:

hey

not to put you off but i think its just one of those coincidences here ๐Ÿ˜‰

Doctor Who has had the “Warp Core” stype time rotor since 1996 and i really don’t see much resemblence between LEXX’s bridge and the new Tardis interior.

and the idea of having characters go into TV shows was hardly something new to LEXX

Yes, but the LEXX *IS* the most powerful ship in the Two Universes. The TARDIS is not, as see by the fact that a transmat beam got through….. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜€

MM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.