Dr Who

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tod
    Participant

I know this is easier said than done, but are there any plans to create a Dr Who section on the sadgeezer site?? I know it would be a mammoth task to cover episodes, so maybe just a section on the doctors and who played them. It’s just does not seem right Dr Who is not on here !

Love the site by the way – best sci-fi site on the net by a long way!

DalekTek790
    Participant

I e-mailed SadGeezer the Doctor Who guide I assembled (along with a bunch of other sci-fi junk) a while ago with a suggestion to create new guides.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow</i

Anonymous

Dr. Who and I have a long history. I blame ( or maybe thank) my Mom for a lifetime addiction to sci-fi-tv since I was watching Dr. Who as a toddler in the UK instead Sesame Street like my peers at home in the States. I rediscovered him as a teenager on PBS and hosted Dr. Who nights in my college dorm. What I want to know is this: are any episodes currently being aired in the US or are videos available? And how many Doctors had they created by the time the series ended? I quit watching after the Dr. with the stalk of celery in his lapel began airing.

DalekTek790
    Participant

There have been eight Doctors:

1. William Hartnell
    2. Patrick Troughton
    3. Jon Pertwee
    4. Tom Baker
    5. Peter Moffitt a.k.a. Peter Davison
    6. Colin Baker
    7. James Kent-Smith a.k.a. Sylvester McCoy
    8. Paul McGann

My all-time favorite is Davison (the celery guy), but Tom Baker is the most popular among fans (for some reason). The show ran for 26 seasons (1963-1989) with a total of 169 episodes (672 segments). There have been 21 movies (T.V. and video) within the “actual” Doctor Who universe, plus two films starring Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin from Star Wars: A New Hope) and a parody starring Rowan Atkison (Mr. Bean). Next to Star Trek: The Next Generation Doctor Who is the second most popular science fiction television series. Perhaps the most memorable element in the show was the Daleks.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

Anonymous

dont know much about Dr Who but at the moment im writing some stuff for the Hitch Hikers section.

——————
    life dont talk to me about life – HHGTTG

Anonymous

Thanks Dalektek790. You are a fountain of Whovian knowledge What is the name of the Rowan Atkinson parody? It sounds like something I’d like.

Anonymous

The Doctor who parody starring Rowan Atkinson is called *CURSE OF THE FATAL DEATH* if I remember correctly.
    It’s a scream.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.