Dragon Con Guest List so far

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions Dragon Con Guest List so far

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

G J Stewart found this posted on USENET:

The following guests have been CONFIRMED for DRAGON*CON 2003:

Anne McCaffrey (THE DRAGONRIDERS OF PERN)
    Elizabeth Ann Scarborough
    Jody Lynn Nye (CRISIS ON DOONA)
    Robert Lynn Asprin (THIEVES WORLD)
    Janny Wurts (WARS OF LIGHT AND SHADOW)
    James Marsters (Spike on BUFFY)
    Julie Caitlin Brown (Na’Toth on BABYLON 5)
    David Carradine (KUNG FU)
    Bruce Boxleitner (Capt. Sheridan from BABYLON 5)
    Christopher Judge (Teal’c on STARGATE SG-1)
    Brom (OFFERINGS)
    James Leary
    Tony Amendola (STARGATE SG-1, ANGEL)
    Don Maitz (conceptual artist on JIMMY NEUTRON)
    Brad Dourif

More guests to be announced soon….

Anyone here know the guest status of any celebs from LEXX and ANDROMEDA, such as Xenia Seeberg, Lexa Doig, or Keith Hamilton Cobb? Please let us know…

Jerry

Jhevz
    Participant

Thanks Frey,
    Thanks for the info about the guest list; I wonder if Julie Caitlin Brown is going to take her newborn Max with her. Please keep us informed about the guest list & any other updates.
    Take care & have a great Winter.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz

Anonymous

Well, I was trying to get them to swap the midget wrestling for a martial arts/weapons tournament, something along the lines of Blade/The Matrix…guess their answer to my suggestion was David Carradine…perhaps they can still get Steven Seagal…Neo will be so disappointed!

On a brighter note, their are alot of Lexx fans signed up to go to D.C! The more, the merrier! And hopefully some more of the regular posters here will plan on attending…Elmey’s and Mandara’s names comes to mind, among others…

mandara k
    Participant

Oh MY GAWD!!! We can be sooo like the SF Charlie’s Angels. We could get some high up at Salter Street to play Charlie and call us on a cellphone and find a Bosley somewhere and carry kewl ray guns and blow up stuff and get are nails done and blow up stuff and have a wax, and kick bad aliens in their groin area, and blow stuff up, and work on our tans, and then finish by blowing stuff up!

Eh…… no thanks. DC is still optional for me; we will see how it goes.

Yeah, midget wrastling….. hmm…. nope I like the martial arts idea better and it fits better with current sci-fi, but Kung Fu?
    “Yes, Grasshopper, you stay ‘way from those women at DC; they vaaary bad. See one with very little cover…. she sting you like scorpion.”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mandara k:
    Oh MY GAWD!!! We can be sooo like the SF Charlie’s Angels. We could get some high up at Salter Street to play Charlie and call us on a cellphone and find a Bosley somewhere and carry kewl ray guns and blow up stuff and get are nails done and blow up stuff and have a wax, and kick bad aliens in their groin area, and blow stuff up, and work on our tans, and then finish by blowing stuff up!

Eh…… no thanks. DC is still optional for me; we will see how it goes.

O.M.G.!!! You like soooo forgot GOING TO THE MALL! I think it all sounds perfectly b*tchin’! Anyway, don’t even try to deny you wouldn’t high-tail it down there like greased lightning if P.D. & Lex G. did the Charlie/Bosley thing? And I have no prob picturing you kicking some butt…as for hair, nails, and workin on your tan… hang w/me baby! I’m a bona-fide Southern Cal export…I’ll have you whipped into fluff in no time!

mandara k
    Participant

Honey chile, I don’t high tail for nobody at no time; I call my own man shots.

Like I said it’s all up in the air for now; we will see what happens.

BTW are we holding a candlelight vigil for Kai? I think we should make a replica arm of Kai with the middle finger extended and place flowers around it and notes and stuff so some can officially mourn. It’s the right thing to do. Grief counselors can stand by.

Hey, I’m kidding; don’t get all bent out of shape. The show is done, if you can’t find humor in a program; we are all lost. Like it or not he was a character not the person.

You are not your TV role.

mandara k
    Participant

Well, okay I might go if I can run my hair through Lex G’s baseball cap

Or may be a little squeeze of the mighty Bean’s left knee…. I won’t wash my hand for weeks after….. OMG!!! the thought of it makes me all hot and gooey inside.

C’mon just a little squeeze…..

Anonymous

Never been to a sci-fi convention, never had the urge to go, but you guys made last years sound like so much fun…

I have kind of an unpredictable work schedule so it’s hard to say now. But I have some breathing room since I have friends in Atlanta I could stay with if the hotel situation is impossible. Also, I haven’t figured out how to do Vlad’s hairdo yet. Think the hotel salon can handle it?

elmey

mandara k
    Participant

Sure, the ocean rejects no river; come on down and we’ll find a way to do your hair up right. Just as long as your careful dancing or running; “you’ll poke someone’s eye out with that!”

Though I wanted to wear the garters and the push-up bra (pout) oh well I’ll just wear a robe and be done with it. Easy pack, easy open (did I say that)

Look I’m kidding; it must be cabin fever or some such nonsense; makes you want to prance around some forest primeval somewhere. Yeah, I know “men don’t prance” I say bollucks real men should prance around.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mandara k:
    Just as long as your careful dancing or running; “you’ll poke someone’s eye out with that!”

That was actually part of the appeal! Noone’s gonna be crowding me.
    The other option is Tina. My present wardrobe is more suited to it, I’d just need some temp hair dye & black frames. Of course, who’d know it’s a costume.

Forest primeval??? I don’t do forest primeval!! Can we prance in a spa perhaps?

elmey

Anonymous

Mandara, a push up bra and garters work just fine under a divine cleric’s robe…or frey talked about a divine order of Sadgeezers costume which I thought would be pretty cool!Same deal would work under that, too! Like you said, easy pack, easy open!

Hey Elmey! C’mon down! It’s great fun, and I wouldn’t classify it as your “typical” sci-fi convention at all! It is going to end up being a giant Lexx party… remember it’s Uncon being held at a pre-existing event!!!
    And the hotels are great…especially the Marriott (trust me, I’m picky!) You can prance to the spa if you want, but I bet you won’t find the time (or the desire) once you get there! And I can help you with Vlad hair, but you’re going to need a few packets of pectin and some florists wire! Vlad would be hugely popular down there!!! If you like to loosen up and have some fun…Dragon Con is like Mardi Gras and Halloween rolled into one!

trillian
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by elmey:
    … Also, I haven’t figured out how to do Vlad’s hairdo yet. Think the hotel salon can handle it?

elmey

I once asked about how that was done. They said they used cardboard to hold it up and lots and lots and… yes… lots of hair spray to help keep it in place.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by trillian:

I once asked about how that was done. They said they used cardboard to hold it up and lots and lots and… yes… lots of hair spray to help keep it in place.

Well elmey- there you have it! Sounds easy enough…kinda…er, just how long
    is your hair?

theFrey
    Participant

I also heard while in Halifax that lots and lots of sugar water was used. How true this is, I don’t know, but that is what I heard.

Anonymous

quote:

lots and lots of sugar water was used

Oi. Let’s talk about wigs. After the 1st!

elmey

theFrey
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ Hey, I think that would be great. It would make you sweeter than you already are. ๐Ÿ˜€

Perhaps…. you could try a hair piece. Stuff most of your real hair underneath, kinda weave a bit to it for stability and then just plaster the bottom row of hair to it to hide the seam line?

Or if that is too much trouble, A skull cap with the whole mess built on top of it. Kinda like some of the Elvis wigs from when he was in his big hair mode.

what do you think โ“

Anonymous

Sweet ๐Ÿ™„

Skull cap would be most practical I think. Then you can laquer the beehive into an immovable object. You could even take it off getting in and out of a car. ๐Ÿ˜†

I’ll work on it.
    (just trying out the new gimmicks)

elmey

Jhevz
    Participant

Frey, elmey,
    What I was thinking of doing is getting some wigs that come through the store, sew them together in a bee-hive-like wig, stuff them with stuffing or old, ripped up hose & dye it if need be. Or what I’d do is go to a costume store, find a bee-hive wig or something simliiar & in black, stuff it with stuffing & a way I go. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’d also would find some long hair, black in colour, braid it & pin it to the bee-hive-like I would make 1st; then all I would have in my hair is the loose hairs on the side; & there’s my Keyeo/Kai wig. ๐Ÿ’ก
    For Vlad’s wig though, I’d get either a blonde bee-hive wig or similiar wig, blonde in colour, stuff it to a point at the top, sew the top so it doesn’t fall & put coloured streaks throughout the wig & there’s my version of Vlad’s wig. I hope this helps some, elmey. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Take care & have a great Winter.

Lexxian to Lexxians,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.