dragon con update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

just a few words since i had to leave the dragon con early sunday…the party with brian, jeff, pat and louise was fantastic and everyone had a great time with lots of food and drinks and doorprizes from aleck/acorn…the forum on saturday afternoon was stuffed with people and in a large area too! thanks to all the lexxians who made the trip and made our favorite actors feel loved and welcome, and thanx from me for finally getting to meet all the great peeps i have been seeing on the boards for the last couple of years… šŸ˜€ love fx

Anonymous

Cool!

Glad you enjoyed it sweetie!! Thanks for the update.

Are you gonna tell us more when you get some time?

FX
    Participant

šŸ˜†

well, i regret to say i was in a sadgeezer way for most of the festivities (read; aleck and i started drinking as sooon as the sun was over the yardarm!) but hds was in a divine jack black costume, and his lovely wife was in wench gear with bustier…i finally got to meet mandara k, trini t, as well as our prince look alike, jhvezh, gotham muse, too many others who were fun but impossible for me to remember names, as well as people i had met before at the megacon…

brian and pat and louise were a joy as always, and very nattily dressed, and jeff was a hoot; i had exchanged email, snail mail and interviews with him, but meeting the real thing was entirely new and delightful…there were many gentle jibes back and forth both at the forums and the party between jeff and brian and others of the cast, both missing and present 8)

let me say that despite all the diatribes flying back and forth on the various boards and emails (mercifully, i only caught part of the furor) that everyone seemed to have a really good time, especially at the party and the informal gathering, and i think we all were really glad we had made the trip…may i also offer kudos to those who worked their heinies off pulling this together; frey, hds, trini, lloyd, and a ton of other lexx minions (as thefrey would have it šŸ˜‰ ) i still think the lexxians are the most loyal and fun people in fandom and i hope all of you guys had as much fun as i did…and i think the cast had a great time too…when i get home i’ll email the few jpegs i managed to snag while still compos mentes

lizard
    Participant

DragonCon Impression from Lizard

I was there on friday night, saturday and sunday morning.

We arrived in town a bit late, but made it to the friday mixer. Mr Lizard and I were drinking at the bar and I spotted Patricia Z in the distance– over at a table containing what turned out to be a collection of lexx fans! I ran over to tell her how cool it was to see her in person and it turns out the guy she was standing with was Jeff H. who I then recognized. They laughed at me a bit about being so excited about seeing them– but really it was quite fun. Patricia is taller than she seems on TV and even cuter. I forced them to follow to the Bar to meet my spouse where we chatted with them and some other lexxians. Brian D. was also at the bar and I got introduced–

Jeff H. turns out to be this completely ADORABLE guy! Very cute in person! I have no idea where the 790 character is coming from because he is such a sweetie-pie. Brian Downey is very suave, and taller than he looks on TV, with a very commanding personality– funny that he plays such a “wimp” on the show!! Brian told us a funny story about Kaiā€™s brace misfiring during filming — it flew up into the air and while everyone was looking to see where it went SMACK it lands on the camera manā€™s head. Sounded dangerous (he tells this story much better than I do BTW).

It turns out that Jeff H. wrote a lot of my fav episodes (disturbing maybe because they are the most perverted– but I told him they were very funny).

Louise W. arrived on Saturday. Patricia and Louse were gorgeous. Louise was at the MTV music awards the day before and hadn’t slept for 2 days– but looked as fresh as a daisy. My hubby got both of the ladies autographs. Patricia was especially friendly and seemed really flattered that I was so excited to see her (which I was).

The con itself was wild, completely packed with lots of people dressed up. Lizard and Mr. Lizard spent part of both friday and saturday night at the bar at the Hyatt just checking out the other con attendees. There was a very authentic group dressed as the stars from the matrix, and invader Zim, many princess Leas, a group of Xmen, orcs from LOR and tons more. Since we had to rush out of the house on friday because we were running late I LEFT my camera at home and have no pictures! (I continued to act like a giddy ditz for the rest of the weekend as well. )

Before the blue planet bash we had martiniā€™s (ok the kid had a shirly temple) and sushi at a japanese place near the hotel (the scary thing is that the sashimi appetizer at the fancy japanese resaraunt drinks and rice cost little more than the lunch we had a the sports bar earlier that day!) The blue planet bash was fun, located at a bar overlooking the lobby. I would have eaten way more chicken wings than i did but remembered the lesson from Gone with the Wind that a lady does NOT eat too much at a party where she wants to be a belle!!! We got to see a short called ā€œLittle Dickieā€ produced by Brian D. If you get a chance to see it DO (itā€™s kind of a short version of Oklahoma šŸ™‚ ). Jeff is now writing a kids show that looks really good, hereā€™s hoping that it gets shown in the states!!

I had enough beer to say some more appalling things to Jeff H. Did I say he is adorable in person?? I was trying to be FUNNY when I complained about the cost of the super-duper victoria secret push up bra that I bought specially to wear to the autgraph table so that I could lean over while getting M. McManusā€™ siggy, all for nothing! sigh! But even though I was sorry that Xenia and MM couldnā€™t make it, meeting everyone else was so much fun I really didnā€™t miss em! Midnight rolled around and we had to go (otherwise Mr Lizard was going to turn back into a pumpkin or a rat or something). Someone who stayed at the party later will have to take it from here and fill in the spicy details!!!

theFrey
    Participant

Yes, it was an excellently good weekend. While of course things did not go exactly as planned (when do they ever??? šŸ˜‰ ) we all did well and had fun.

As FX says, many thanks to the Cast and to Lloyd and Baily for getting the main attraction there. šŸ™‚

Lots of hard earned thanks to HDS, Mothbreeder, Trini and also to Aleck and Valdron.

We of course greatly appreciated all the people who supported us in the raffles like Mike_L, Barabbas, Lubka, Jim Davis, Woofmom and all the others. And those who donated items to be raffled like Pet, Lloyd, Figdress, Brian, Jane, Lubka and Logan.

And Trini I know will want to send a big shout out to the FX, Mike_L, and Lubka who pitched in extra bucks to make the party so cool. And while she would never mention it, Trini also pitched in a lot of bucks over and above her hard, hard work, but gosh did it work out fabulously. No one left until after they closed the bar at 12:30 and even then it took til after two for most to leave. (not me mind you. I turned into a pumpkin at about 12:35)

And while I will write more after I have had some sleep. Preliminary pics with virtually no write up at http://www.thefrey.com/USconInvadesDragonCon2003.htm

Anonymous

Wow, I havent been this jealous in a long time. I weighed my busy schedule against going to a “Lexx” convention and completely ignored how many Sadgeezers would be there. Would’ve been great to throw a few back with you guys. šŸ˜„ Maybe there will be a next time, who knows.

Thanks for all the great accounts and photos! I swear though the Lexx camera crew does no justice to Pat Z, she always looks a 1000x times better from the fans cameras, I’m smitten!

Can’t wait to read the rest when you all recover šŸ˜ˆ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.