DragonCon 2004 Count Down and Tidbits

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions DragonCon 2004 Count Down and Tidbits

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Well only 71 more days to go.

So, what is left to do…. well lots less than last year thank god. But, I still need to order a new banner with Sadgeezer on it….

Saddy needs to get off his dead and dying and send me a few display trinkets…..

Aleck needs to whip on his trade show people for a few Acorn Posters and Flyers…..

What else, what else….

*theFrey ponders*

sarahent
    Participant

71 days? Eeeeeeep! Must decide on costume…

Jhevz
    Participant
    sarahent wrote:

sarahent,
    You don’t have to go there in costume; you can just go in regular clothing. It’ll be cool just to see you there & meet you; & besides, we both can help out thefrey man the table or something.

Sci-Fi Fan to Sci-Fi Fan,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

sarahent
    Participant

Well I do like to dress up and Dragoncon’s a lovely excuse to wear pointy ears πŸ˜€

See you there!

Anonymous
    Jhevz wrote:

sarahent wrote:

sarahent,
    You don’t have to go there in costume; you can just go in regular clothing. It’ll be cool just to see you there & meet you; & besides, we both can help out thefrey man the table or something.

Jhevz :wink:[/quote]Jhevz, thats sarahtree πŸ˜‰

Jhevz
    Participant
    ”HisDivineShadow” wrote:

Jhevz wrote:

sarahent wrote:

sarahent,

Jhevz :wink:[/quote]Jhevz, thats sarahtree ;)[/quote]

I kinda thought it was sarahtree, HDS,
    but wasn’t sure; thanks for letting me know. I can’t wait for you o see my finished Keyeo costume; I’m almost done with the pants & will start work on my reversible vest next month. I’ll see you 2 there & have a great Summer.

Your Friend,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

Actually only 66 days left now. πŸ˜€ If you have any major prep work, now is the time to finish.

HDS, please get with me about the banner holders and the t-shirts. (I need a count)

Renee – Has finished a bunch of little Lexx lapel pins that we can have a mini table raffle with.:D

And XS4Xevr has compiled a bunch of Lexx music videos that we can show for as long as the battery in my lap top lasts. Electric…. I realy must check into electic for the fan table….. I wonder if it is possible. Must check…..

Jhevz
    Participant

Frey,
    If you need any help with any of it, getting ready for Dragon*Con or manning the table, please let me know & I’ll be glad to help; I might bring my Lexx/DC Memory book, pics of the previous 2 yrs & my Squish sock people for others to look at. I’ve got a couple more ideas, running through my head at the moment, but will let you know as soon as I can; I may also be manipulating more pictures & such to bring to the con. I’ll see you then. πŸ˜€

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

54 Days until Dragon Con.

Sarahent please get with me about the banner holders.

The Electric has been requested for the table. I will pick up the tab on it .

Saddy’s display trinkets have arrived….. in a box that looks like a truck ran over it…. thank god nothing in it was breakable.

Aleck STILL needs to whip on his trade show people for a few Acorn Posters and Flyers…..

Does any one know of a free player that will load and loop several .avi files? If it has a skin on it that can be changed to something Lexxish, that would be a plus.

Do we want to have name tags so we can tell who our Fellow Lexxians are in the crowd?

sarahent
    Participant

Banner holders? Whut?

“I SAID THE BANNER HOLDERS, HAMISH!”

Oh. Right. What, um, about them? *thinks this has something to do with the Other Half*

theFrey
    Participant

Possibly, but he becomes a bit scatterbrained when he dons his outfits…. (perhaps the tight braids and beads affect his thinking?)

Anyhoooo I should have your book in a day or so, but instead of sending me a check, just go pick up two 2″x2″x8′ poles and a piece of 3/4″ thinwall electrical conduit 8′ long for me. They are relatively inexpensive and you should even have change to keep for your trouble. ;D Pleaseeeeeeee. I don’t want to wait until the last minute, and I know YOU will take care of it on time. πŸ˜€

Then we can put the nag on your wonderful one to make sure the hardware brackets, clamps and banners from last year are assembled and readily available. πŸ™‚ Tell him I will bring him shiny trinkets and trade goods if he gets the stuff ready now. ;D

sarahent
    Participant

Right. Will do on next day off.

And methinks the tight braids and beads and gaggle of cooing females might affect his thinking a bit, yes. Funny how that happens πŸ˜€

Many many many thankies for the book! You’re the best!

Jhevz
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

54 Days until Dragon Con.

Do we want to have name tags so we can tell who our Fellow Lexxians are in the crowd?

Frey,
    I can easily make name tags & add photos on them; in fact, I can do that this Saturday, e-mail you a sample of what it would look like, then continue making them. I’ve got time to do that kind of project & it would be fun to try; I can also add web sites on them, for those who have them, on their tags.
    I’ll see you in 54 days & have a great Summer.

Your Friend,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

mandara k
    Participant

Okay, I did it,. I took the first step of buying a plane ticket; I’ll be there. I have no hotel of now but I’ll be there. Yeesh, I had to support Sad’s even if my posting is scattered. SO I arrive 1pm on Saturday then that horrific line so I’ll see you guys about 2am! No, Who knows how long that will be especially on Saturday!

This year i am in desperate straits for a roommate; no more “hood hotel like last year where the hookers turned tricks. Help me!!!!!

Thanks, and where are we gathering so I can find you?

mk

mandara k
    Participant

Well, d’uh I answered my own question; follow the group of gaggling girls to HDS. What was i thinking? Well, it’s the closest I’ll ever stand to Captain Sparrow so why not? πŸ˜‰

theFrey
    Participant

Ekkk! Saturday? Oh my. ;D it will might well be crowded that day. If you come by the fan table, I will lend you my cart and a magizine to read while you wait. Makes it pretty painless. Or as painless as it can be. πŸ™‚

Where were you thinking of staying? Rooming with someone one site? Off site? How long will you be there? It is these little details that people need to know. πŸ˜›

mandara k
    Participant

You’d lend me your famous cart? Really? Oh thank you; can i use it for the autograph line, too?

Yeah, i have to work Friday night until 11pm so i fly out 6:30am on Sat. and get in at 1pm. i may just go right to the con with luggage to get that badge over and done with and then if someone takes pity on me I can meet them there with the room stuff.

I’m 40, will take smoking or non; I can’t sleep with a TV on or many lights. I usually sleep late and it takes me an hour to get up and move around but then I’m good to go. I don’t think i snore but how would i know? I am arriving Saturday afternoon and leaving Tuesday morning; looking for the cheapest and closest place to the Con and then may be I’ll stay elsewhere on Mon. night.

Where is the booth exactly and are we all going out to dinner on Sat. night or something?

Help me out pwetty pwease and thank you!

theFrey
    Participant

hummm, but where are you interested in sharing, dollar wise? At one of the host hotels? At one of the official overflows? or at any?

Your post refrences both arriving Fri and Sat. ;D I am assuming the Fri was a late night typo yes?

mandara k
    Participant

Yup, late night posting! Let’s try it again.

Arriving On Saturday at 1pm; In line for an aeon for a badge. Leaving early Tuesday morning. I would prefer very cheap but somewhere close to a Marta station so I don’t have to take cabs back and forth. If on site; i cannot afford a hundred or more bucks a night; that’s a little steep. more $40-75.00 a night.

Thank you in advance!

sarahent
    Participant

*waves at Frey*

Frey taught me a new word! E-lek-trik-kal Kon-dew-wit. It would have been nicer if she had told me to look for a Big Metal Pole. Much less embarassing, too πŸ˜€

theFrey
    Participant

No one told you to stand in front of it while you asked where it was. πŸ˜€

But that is out of the way, and sad’s stuff arrived, so we are moving right along.

theFrey
    Participant

Wait, let me re-state that so you can get the full effect….

19 days away!

There…. now that I have everyone’s is paying attention….

Wade! theBrother beseeches you to arrange a field trip on Friday evening early. When last he was in Atlanta on business he went to a place called Frank’s Famous Family Restaurant on Collinsworth Rd, in Palmetto. Apparently it was true love. He said the deserts are to die for. Apparently it is by a truck stop, but still quite popular for people looking for Italian and American comfort food.

I for one would like to see the Lexx Logo on the side of the van just one more time. πŸ˜†

type13planet
    Participant

19 days! I’d better get pack’in… My group of five is staying at the Hyatt which seems like the place to be for evening fun. Don’t miss the Cruxshawdows…. They’re sure to put on a dark show. If you haven’t seen their lead singer Rogue, you’re in for a treat. He resembles Kai quite a bit. That’s why I feel in love with his music.

See ya there!
    -type13planet

Jhevz
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

Wait, let me re-state that so you can get the full effect….

19 days away!

There…. now that I have everyone’s is paying attention….

Wade! theBrother beseeches you to arrange a field trip on Friday evening early. When last he was in Atlanta on business he went to a place called Frank’s Famous Family Restaurant on Collinsworth Rd, in Palmetto. Apparently it was true love. He said the deserts are to die for. Apparently it is by a truck stop, but still quite popular for people looking for Italian and American comfort food.

I for one would like to see the Lexx Logo on the side of the van just one more time. πŸ˜†

Ooooooooooo, Frey,
    That would be a cool thing to do; it’ll be fun for me to see more of Atlanta & taste more of their fine Southern cooking. It’ll also be fun thing to do for all of us who don’t live in the area.

type13planet,
    18 days I’d better get all my shopping done tomorrow & get my suitcases aired out for packing;Cruxshawdows, I’ll have to listen to their music sometime while I’m their to see if I like it. I may join you in listening to them; I may even go to Emerald Rose’s & Voltare’s as well.

Also, if anyone here is a Whovian, don’t miss Peter Davison; he may be talking about the new `Dr Who’ that’s being filmed in Britian. He may also be talking about another audio he’s doing as well.
    I hope to see you all there & have a great Summer.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz πŸ˜‰

type13planet
    Participant

Whoaaaaa. Jhevz………Peter Davison is my fav Dr. Who. I also loved him in “All Creators Great & Small”. Can’t wait to see him! I lived in Atlanta several years ago for about 10 years. I’ll have to do a serious brain download (where’s 790 when you need him or her; whatever!) to remember where the good soul food restraurants are. There was one real close to Georgia Tech, which isn’t too far from downtown, right off 75. I’m tooooo excited.

Gotta Go Now!
    -type13planet

Anonymous

There are a few unusual but interesting guests this year. Of course, this is only my 2nd DragonCon so I may just be way too new to get it. πŸ˜‰

Chick Corea… he just doesn’t seem like the D*C-type performer. BUT, I’ll be checking out his performance. Great jazz musician. (I highly recommend his album “Eye of the Beholder” – circa 1988)

Soupy Sales… the guy has thrown 19,000 pies in peoples faces. Funny thing is, there might just be people paying money to have him throw a pie in their face. Ah, what the hell, I’ll probably get pie faced too…

Barbara Moore… Playboy’s Miss December 1992??? Sad thing is I actually still have that issue…

Anthony Michael Hall… I still crack up over some of his classic lines from “Weird Science” (i.e. “Face, man… le’ me tell ya my story…” and “no sh!t, Chet… no sh!t…”

“GIMME THE KEYS… I DRIVE!!”

LOL

πŸ˜€

theFrey
    Participant

In honor of our own ‘geezer. ;D

Back

[/url]http://www.cafepress.com/magicondemand

mandara k
    Participant

I have A Saddie Luuunch Box, I have a Saddie Luunch box. Nyaa nyaa nyaa nyaa nyaa nyaa!

Thanks Frey you made my day when iI saw it there. I had to get the obsession t-shirt for DC so hopefully they both get here before I go then i can wear the shirt!

Thank you very very much!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.