Dragon*Con Party Announcement

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions Dragon*Con Party Announcement

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Mr. Downey has made an important announcement about the cast/fan party at Dragon Con. Please check his message board at http://www.Briandowney.biz or go thru the convention website at http://www.lexxusa.com for more information. Thanx, Trini

Anonymous

Wot announcement!

Please don’t post a message like that without either a clear url or an explanation! It’s really irritating!

Lexxathon
    Participant

Despite several problems, everything is still going ahead as planned:

Lloyd Lowe (the star’s manager) is REALLY sick and going into the hospital, so everyone is pitching in and getting everything rolling.

Ellen won’t be there, as she’ll start shooting her new TV series that week, called “The Collector”. She’s going to try to get there for maybe one day, but she might not make it. Hey, she’s working and we’re happy for her!!!

Also, the Little Blue Planet Bash is only going to cost $10 US for each of us. (Yes, even those of us who are working at the con!!!) They tried to get the place for free, but $10 ain’t that much for what Trini has planned. The place is gonna rock!

Brian left the message on his board, so check it out if you want to.

Oh, one more thing: HDS and I are setting up something for all those of you who couldn’t make it to the con. We’re gonna have a webcam set int the booth, so you’ll be able to see all the action…

We’ll have more info as it comes out…

Jhevz
    Participant

Lexxathon,
    I’m sorry Lloyd won’t be joining them at the convention & I hope he gets better soon; I hope it’s nothing serious & he’s able to be home soon.
    I’m sorry Ellen won’t be there & I do hope she’s able to for at least 1 day; I’m glad she’s working & getting paid. I hope she enjoys it & I’ll watch out for the new show that she’ll be in.

I really don’t mind paying the $10.; I know it’s gonna be hard for everyone to pitch in, but I think they would just because of the situation. In any case, I believe that everyone there will enjoy themselves & have a grand ole time doing it.

Trini_T,
    Thanks for the 2 web sites; I’ll check them out later & as soon as I can. I’ve already went to Brian’s site & read both messages; later on tonight, I’ll give him a message as well as make Lloyd a Get-Well card.

I’ll see you 2 next week & have a great last of Summer.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    SadGeezer wrote:

Wot announcement!

Please don’t post a message like that without either a clear url or an explanation! It’s really irritating!

My apologies. Won’t happen again! ๐Ÿ˜ณ Trini

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think the $10 dollar cover charge is that big of a deal under the cicumstances, but that is sad news about the manager. Hope he recovers swiftly.

And since he is, I believe, the central figure in arranging the LEXX actors’ schedules etc., I wonder how much his absence will affect the LEXX contingent of the convention?

I suppose that I can understand you not wanting to directly state the announcement. While it is something that will affect the Lexxists at the con, and therefore needs to be mentioned, many people wouldn’t like others openly talking all over the place about their health, or other “personal” matters. Those who need to know will make the effort to locate the information, and those who are only mildly interested mgiht click on the links but then give up after a time when they don’t easily find the info. I’m guessing that you didn’t provide a direct link to the info because you felt it inappropriate under the circumstances.

Anyway, so if that was your reasoning, I can understand you wanting to obscure the info somewhat, and leave the actual announcement in the official channels hands. However, I do think you could have offered more info (or at least easier to find info) without stepping on anyone’s toes, but, at the same time I appreciate your sensitivity to those involved by approaching the matter in the delicate way that you did.

BTW, I found the info after some time without much difficulty with your directions. I went to the LexxUSA site that you linked to first for the info and didn’t find it — misunderstood your directions initially there (is there a latest news section?), but then found it after navigating Mothbreeder’s Brian Downey site.

Anyway, despite these unfortunate events, I hope all goes well with the con. Best of luck, and have fun!

BTW, kudos to you Lexxians helping to organise the Lexx side of the con. While DragonCon is a general sci-fi event, it’s hardly making a blip in the other sci-fi fora here — you people have worked amazingly hard on the Lexx side of things!

At one time I do hope we can have a GeezerCon in sadchat, but I’d leave the organising of that relatively small event to others more skilled than I.

Anonymous

OK, pretty sure I know the answers but just asking…

Friday’s mixer is for anyone who can show up, Saturday’s party is booked – that I understand.

However, the Brigadoom party on Sunday at 4 p.m. – is this limited to those already signed up? Or is this something any of us can show up for and watch and/or participate in?

Thanks for the info, & looking forward to seeing everyone Friday!

theFrey
    Participant

Brigadoom is sunday at 10 pm. And is open to all. As participants or audience. Afterwards…. people watching at the pool bar at the hyatt I immagine. ;D

Sunday, Aug. 31

AMTV026; 10:00 pm; 1 hr.
    Brigadoom!
    Musical Maestros: Patrick Cranford, Michaelle Frey, Kelley Harkins
    Join us for a Rocky Horror-style rendition of Lexx’s unique musical episode.

Anonymous

Thanks for the info!

LexxUSA still said it was at 4 p.m. last I checked so glad for the correction & happy to know it’s open to everyone.

Jhevz
    Participant
    theFrey wrote:

Brigadoom is sunday at 10 pm. And is open to all. As participants or audience. Afterwards…. people watching at the pool bar at the hyatt I immagine. ;D

Sunday, Aug. 31

AMTV026; 10:00 pm; 1 hr.
    Brigadoom!
    Musical Maestros: Patrick Cranford, Michaelle Frey, Kelley Harkins
    Join us for a Rocky Horror-style rendition of Lexx’s unique musical episode.

Cool Frey,
    I can’t wait till the fun actually starts; of course, I’ll probably come in late, due to the Masquerade, whenever that ends. I can’t wait to see you doing that; it sounds like it’ll be neat. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’ll see you Friday & have a safe flight to Atlanta; I know I will.

Lexxian to Lexxian,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

ilyekkakai
    Participant

Hey Trini-T ,
    I heard from TheFrey that I need to get to you ASAP when I am in Atlanta , reguarding the Little Blue Planet Party……I will be arriving there Thursday around 2 pm …….so let me know a good time and where to meet you.
    Thanks,
    Rhiannon ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    ilyekkakai wrote:

Hey Trini-T ,
    I heard from TheFrey that I need to get to you ASAP when I am in Atlanta , reguarding the Little Blue Planet Party……
    Thanks,
    Rhiannon ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m not flying in until 3:00 on Friday..I’ll miss the 4pm forum, probably. If you need to find me I’ll be standing in line waiting to pick up my con badge…at least a good hour there! ๐Ÿ™„

If it’s party business, Elmey can help you. She’s one of the party organizers- my partner in crime! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    She’ll be at the 4:00pm Friday Forum-but the tickets are with me. No-one will have theirs until Friday night at the Mixer! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
    See you soon! Trini

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.