Dreams and Goals…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Dreams and Goals…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone have any (preferably realistic) dreams and goals that you would like to share? What’s your game plan to reach your objectives? What are some of your dreams that have come true, and how did you make them come true?

Anonymous

Mine has always been a bit stupid, but I’ve never yearned for much of anything else besides an answer. Me, I don’t care if you’re a janitor or a CEO, the quality of experience during life is always based on the individual. We can all argue the “Evils of money” and/or the need for it, because a kernel of it exists in us no matter how significant or irrelevant it may play into our lives. I’ve found miserable lawyers and happy bag-girls, neither of whom capable of winning an arguement over who had a richer, fuller life. Ultimatly it just doesn’t work that way. Based on that, to me my solitary goal as silly as it may sound is to find one single irrefutable truth besides existence itself. Easy to say for one who’s never had to face prison, or long term joblessness, but none the less, there you are.

As for material goals, it’s a matter of self knowledge. The better you know yourself and your strengths and limitations, the greater chance you’ll have at acquiring your goals. As always there’s often a great element of chance as well. Being in the right place at the right time, etc…

Sometimes the best thing to do is uproot yourself and go somewhere else where opportunity may be greater. The job market back East(USA) was terrible when I was a kid, by the time I graduated out West I was turning things down I probably would not have even been offered back east.

It’s hard to encompass a lifetime of thinking through a goal into a paragraph ๐Ÿ˜ณ Hope it doesn’t come across wrong.

Fatguy
    Participant
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

Based on that, to me my solitary goal as silly as it may sound is to find one single irrefutable truth besides existence itself.

Answer: Death!

Maurice

Fatguy
    Participant

I gave up on a lot of my previous goals. I now stick to goals that do not involve the subjective judgements of others. Hobbies were good – in the absence of child raising; but I needed more. The answer – for the time being – is that cheesy website of mine. I originally just wanted to catalogue and archive the loss of human individuality, rights and freedoms; and I felt it would be lost in my lifetime. A worthy hobby for one so passionate about rights and freedoms. But I also like hanging around people in the act of protesting…..there is a real energy there, and HOPE! I need to get a fix now! 8) I have done a lot of promoting…..but that really is not necessary for what my original goals were – the private archiving of the very short span of human existence where mankind actually had rights and freedoms…..

Maurice

nursewhen
    Participant

Well after all the existential stuff above, my dreams seems a bit naff and materialistic.

I always wanted my own home, my own space and the freedom to come and go and do as I please. I achieved that about 10 years ago and I still relish it. ๐Ÿ˜€

lexxrobotech
    Participant

My dream : I’d like to get laid by Eva Habermann.

My goals : Live long and prosper.

Fatguy
    Participant
    lexxrobotech wrote:

Well…..I can meet you have way Bud…..

*****Warning…..Naked Woman!!!!!*****

Eva (courtesy of my website ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

Maurice

Jennicide
    Participant

Ever since I can remember I’ve been passionately fascinated by history. Specifically European history, and generally in the Medieval period, but I do on occasion wander around in the modern times of Victorian England and Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany.

The thing about history though is that it is dictated by people – not fact and figures and dates and stuff. but real people, who lived, loved, hated, manipulated, killed, wanted, desired and all the rest.

I’ve always loved studying particularly diaries and letters and things to find out what people were thinking about in different times.

And so with this all in mind I figured the only way I would be able to fulfill this passion would be to study, at uni, then research.

And so, that is what I’m doing. I am one essay and two exams away from finishing my undergraduate degree in Arts (Humanities for all those Americans out there). Majoring in English, History and Political Science.
    Next year I’m doing my honours year, in English and History. After that, who knows. My ultimate goal is to do some sort of Post Grad study to then lecture at uni. (the only way I’m likely to get paid to research and to study what I love)

It’s not set in stone, and if it doesn’t happen quite like that then it’s ok – so long as I’ve got the tools to look into the past and see how we became like we are then I’ll be happy.

Anonymous

as i’m currently studying with the Open University, i suppose at a very basic level my main ambition is to get the very best degree that i can (physics/astronomy). Then the dream would be to be able to use that in a research environment-be at the forefront of the latest discoveries in this scientific field. it may be a bit too much to ask that i’ll ever be able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Hawking or Einstein- but i would be content just to be there and be at least a small part of something so much bigger than me. the only problem is that although my coursework marks are very high, my overall course marks tend to get dragged down by my exam marks (i go to pieces). and when a well-meaning friend says that he wouldn’t look at anyone with anything less than a first-class honours degree when it comes to employment, and knowing how competitive the kind of environment i intend to get myself into is, i wonder if i’m ever going to achieve my goals. only time will tell.

Anonymous
    Fatguy wrote:

lexxrobotech wrote:

Maurice[/quote]

Or better still, there are four pages of Eva pictures on this website including that one and more similar.

Try HERE

Fatguy
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

Fatguy wrote:

lexxrobotech wrote:

Maurice[/quote]

Or better still, there are four pages of Eva pictures on this website including that one and more similar.

Try HERE[/quote]

Wow!!!!! Sadgeezer…..You Da MAN! I did not know about your photo gallery till now. Fatguy gives you the Big Thumbs Up!!!!!

Maurice

Fatguy
    Participant

One other thing: I should tell you that the photo of Eva that I posted was signed and on ebay. I screwed up my last second snipe bid and lost the auction. Let it be known to those that gawk at such pictures, that she was signing these photos for fans and they were not clandestine pictures, etc.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maurice

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Dreamers,
    I’ve already fulfilled several of my dreams, which are: visiting 1 of the original 13 colonies, a state in the South (Atlanta, GA) & going to my 1st professional NHL game (SJ Sharks vs LA Kings); I feel like I can do anything I put my mind to. Since I’ve fulfilled some of my dreams & are continuing to fulfill more of them, I’m very proud of my accomplishments; but sometimes I feel like I need that extra push to go even farther.
    Without you people, this board & chat rooms, I would never have opened up as much as I have been; with all your help, I feel like there are others out there with the same interests & are helping me come out of a very deep, deep shell. I want to that each & every 1 of you for that, especially the Lexxians who I’ve met these past couple yrs. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m already working on my Goals & dreams for next yr; 1 being dressed in my Keyeo outfit at next yr’s Dragon*Con. There are many others I’m currently working on, including trying to get rid of some bad habits (picking my fingers, talking to myself, etc) &the like.

Dreamers Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

bonnee
    Participant

My goal is to be the best possible father to my daughter, and make her dreams come true. Given the amount of suffereing in the world – personal and social – I just hope she can forgive me for inflicting life upon her – or at least, achieve her goals without hurting and/or be hurt by too many others. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

another goal is getting that threesome my wife keeps promising me. ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.