dumb sadgeezer buttons!!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Angst dumb sadgeezer buttons!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

๐Ÿ˜ก i came into sadgeezer to read all the new posts, but when i clicked on threads (the ones with the new post coloured button on the side) most of them i had already read all the posts.

this was begining to get on my nerves so i cheacked the list at the bottom that shows what all the different bottons mean

and poplular threads are all the same colour wether they have new posts or not. come on if your gonna do that then dont split them into two catogrys just have a thing which says popular.

and im not even gonna mention the fact that the popups are still here ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

theFrey
    Participant

Really? I haven’t seen a one.

Flamegrape
    Participant

I have never seen pop-up ads when I’ve visited SadGeezer. You probably have some sort of clandestine spy-ware on you computer. I recommend installing and running AdAware. That should get rid of the mysterious pop-up ads.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Also, once you get rid of these programs that are running in your background, your computer should run a little bit faster.

Anonymous
    ”Bekka” wrote:

๐Ÿ˜ก i came into sadgeezer to read all the new posts, but when i clicked on threads (the ones with the new post coloured button on the side) most of them i had already read all the posts.

this was begining to get on my nerves so i cheacked the list at the bottom that shows what all the different bottons mean

and poplular threads are all the same colour wether they have new posts or not. come on if your gonna do that then dont split them into two catogrys just have a thing which says popular.

and im not even gonna mention the fact that the popups are still here ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

That’s not stricktly true bekka, the buttons DO have different meanings. I think that the two you are talking about are the hot topic and the new topic. The hot topic icon is the same as the new topic except it is slightly more red (sort of round the edges) – I think that if you weren’t so peeved you’d have noticed that ๐Ÿ™‚

I guess i could change the icon to look redder. I’ll try the colour out and hopefully it will avoide future confusion.

I can also confirm that there are no popups on sadgeezer.com nore have there been for about six months (and even then only for a very short time because my ex-banner company didn’t tell me they were placing them on my site!).

Anonymous

sorry wrong type of pop up i’ll try and upload a pic of what im talking about

this is what happens when i write when im angry, but its 6:30 am and and i have better things to be annoyed with- like the collage bus times

Anonymous

im using the collage pc and im not getting the popups ๐Ÿ™„ ,

the ones i meant are the script error ones that come up about 6 times for every page, i got a pic of one this morning but couldnt find a place to upload it.

i set up that spyware removing thing this morning so hopefuly by the time i get home they’ll be gone

i couldnt see any diferences in the buttons but that may be because im dumb ๐Ÿ˜•

Anonymous

the buttons still look the same colour to me

new post popular

no new post popular

Anonymous

The code in javascript/quickbuild.js hs a couple errors that I can see. Mainly that the event handling is specific to Internet Explorer, and won’t work in Mozilla/Netscape, and other standards compliant browsers. Shoot me a PM, Sad, and I’ll send you instructions on how to make the functions cross-browser compatible. It’s pretty easy, all in all.

Also, you’re referencing a fw functions you haven’t defined in your external javascript files, namely the MM_* functions Dreamweaver/Fireworks creates to handle image rollovers.

Anonymous

Cool! Thanks storm!!!

I’ve got a bit of a problem with my neck at the moment, so I’m not on th pc much – I’ll SadBoard PM you now – cheers!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.