Dutch Treat spoilers

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Dutch Treat spoilers

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

From SciFi.com, Dutch Treat spoilers (in my own words)

1) Dr. Longbore returns, and he’s a sick *******!
    2) Prince is no longer in human form, appears in a TV no less!
    3) Bunny gets the key and tells Lexx to blow up the earth!
    4) Lexx blows up Ottawa!!! and Holland.
    5) Xev and Bunny go at it a little, again.
    6) Stan again gets the key, at last!
    7) More mothbreeders die.
    8) 790 is still a screwed up robot head.
    9) Kai takes Prince, in his TV set, and goes to destroy him on the moon, setting up The Game.

and probably much more happens, but it sounds as if Lexx is still goin’ strong! I’m glad Stan gets the key back, I suspected that he would in this episode! Can anyone tell me if Prince is in Moss? I know that he will be in Haley’s Comet, Lyekka vs. Japan and Yo Way Yo.

Anonymous

I Copied the actual synopsis from SciFi.com. Here it is:

[ 4.17 ] “Dutch Treat”
    Without the key, Stan is unable to command the Lexx to eat, so it is slowly starving to death. The Lexx begins consuming its own flesh in an attempt to stay alive, endangering the structural integrity of the ship. Fearing that Lexx will break apart, Stan, Xev and Kai deduce that the Noah, Ernst Longbore’s ship, might be their only way out of the solar system. They head down to Earth in a moth but leave 790 behind since they are tired of the robot head betraying them.

Priest, Bunny and Prince (on the TV) board the Lexx hoping to steal away with it, but they soon discover Bunny no longer has the key. They deduce it was lost on the Lexx when Bunny and Priest engaged in some hanky-panky. Figuring it must once again be in a moth breeder, they embark on another killing spree. Bunny recaptures the key and orders Lexx to blow up the Earth. Lexx fires a destructive beam, but the ship is so weak that it is only able to blow up Ottawa. To regain its strength, Bunny commands the Lexx to eat Holland.

Meanwhile, Stan, Xev and Kai learn that Longbore has no intention of bringing them along in his newly built ship. He plans to take with him a bunch of attractive women instead. They return to the Lexx and stop Bunny from blowing up the Earth. Stan recovers the Key when he interrupts a love session between Bunny and Xev. Kai takes the TV with Prince on it out in a moth so he can crash it into the moon and finally do away with Prince forever.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by :
    Meanwhile, Stan, Xev and Kai learn that Longbore has no intention of bringing them along in his newly built ship. He plans to take with him a bunch of attractive women instead.

Aaah. I should’ve guessed this just from the name and the character.

Dr. Longbore isn’t the latest (or first, whatever) HDS, or simply a parody of Dr. Steven Hawking. He’s directly inspired by, and a parodical reference to, the title character of Stanley Kubrick’s Dr. Strangelove, or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Dr. Longbore. Dr. Strangelove. Both in wheelchairs, both attatched in some way to the government, both seeking a way around “doomsday,” both preoccupied with having loads of beautiful women accompany them in the post-apocalyptic future.

quote:

From Dr. Strangelove
    General “Buck” Turgidson: Doctor, you mentioned the ratio of ten women to each man. Now, wouldn’t that necessitate the abandonment of the so-called monogamous sexual relationship, I mean, as far as men were concerned?

Dr. Strangelove: Regrettably, yes. But it is, you know, a sacrifice required for the future of the human race. I hasten to add that since each man will be required to do prodigious…service along these lines, the women will have to be selected for their sexual characteristics which will have to be of a highly stimulating nature.

Ambassador de Sadesky: I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there, Doctor.

It all makes perfect sense now. Plus, the comedic nihilism and sexual overtones of LEXX seems fairly closely related to the tone of Kubrick’s film (or, perhaps more accurately, Terry Southern’s contributions to the script of Kubrick’s film).

–Aleck

[ 20-02-2002: Message edited by: Aleck ]

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by :
    4) Lexx blows up Ottawa!!! and Holland.
    5) Xev and Bunny go at it a little, again.

I think that the Lexx eats the Netherlans as opposed to blowing them up. It was forshadowed in 4.04 Stan Down that it was going to be eaten anyway.

If Bunny reaches the “peak of sexual extasy” then I’d say that her and Xev were doing more then going at it a “little”.

Anonymous

Did’nt MM once say that Dr. Strangelove was one of his all-time favorite movies????

Anonymous

Prince… as… a… TV.

I was expecting him to take a little while to reincarnate, I wasn’t expecting him to come back as the witch from Willo The Wisp. Hopefully he’ll manage to get himself a new body in time for “The Game” or Kai’s going to have to start doing all of the work…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.