DYLAN H8ERS UNITE!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I know some of you out there may have some liking towards the bloody noble holier-than-thou git we have for a cappy, but I for one would dearly like to see the looney bas*ard child of a female dog hang. Or get shot. Or have his arms ripped off. Or get buggered by Rev….hold on, not Rev, he’s cool. Make that Tyr. Even though I’d like to see that squeaky clean, bloody-knight-in-bloody-shining-bloody-armor have a Magog munch its way through his stomach (not to mention the big bucks I will get from selling the video of the act itself), I just don’t want to see Rev degraded so. Dylan is totally unsuited to be captain. He’s nothing more than a naive farmboy who has the Mighty Hand Of Justice schtick up his arse, in my opinion. Personally, I’d prefer Beka, Rev(do you see a trend here?), Andromeda maybe. Hell, I’d prefer Tweedledee or Tweedledum to that self-righteous smeghead. All those in agreement with me, say AYE! A reply post would be nice too though, hehheh.

Anonymous

there’s me, trying to figure out exactly what it is that doesn’t quite grab me about the show, and you’ve probably just about cracked it there!! i watched the first ep again the other day, and i thought “this guy hasn’t got a captain’s presence. apart from the fact his balls aren’t big enough, he looks like he’s about ready to run crying and screaming for his mummy!!” hmmm…another captain…someone a little more aggressive, perhaps?

Anonymous

there’s me, trying to figure out exactly what it is that doesn’t quite grab me about the show, and you’ve probably just about cracked it there!! i watched the first ep again the other day, and i thought “this guy hasn’t got a captain’s presence. apart from the fact his balls aren’t big enough, he looks like he’s about ready to run crying and screaming for his mummy!!” hmmm…another captain…someone a little more aggressive, perhaps?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by snooklepie:

It’s like he’s still playing Herc, an overbearing sense of being mr goody two shoes is the problem.
    He reminds me of Scott Bakula, he’s just got that kinda face that doesn’t portray him as being a hard man in confronting the enemy.
    It’s difficult to see how they can make him tougher, but he’s not the only problem, I never liked the magog, big furry teddies with female genitalia for noses, a cute but annoying engineer and a thing from a kids movie (the purple babe) that had a tail…the only thing worse than that is the silly and unconvincing muppets from Farscape.
    The only saving grace is Tyr, he has the ol Kai charm…or lack of it, and he really does come across as one mean mutha, probably the only character that you can respect…the others are just pathetic.
    Andromeda is a programme that is too light, there is never any credible threat and you always know the crew will come out of any battle with nothing more than a little bump on the head.
    It really needs an injection of spirit, it needs to get down n’ dirty and they can start by turning Dylan into a psychopath and killing the rest of the crew…except Tyr, oh and Romy, coz she’s cute!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by snooklepie:

It’s like he’s still playing Herc, an overbearing sense of being mr goody two shoes is the problem.
    He reminds me of Scott Bakula, he’s just got that kinda face that doesn’t portray him as being a hard man in confronting the enemy.
    It’s difficult to see how they can make him tougher, but he’s not the only problem, I never liked the magog, big furry teddies with female genitalia for noses, a cute but annoying engineer and a thing from a kids movie (the purple babe) that had a tail…the only thing worse than that is the silly and unconvincing muppets from Farscape.
    The only saving grace is Tyr, he has the ol Kai charm…or lack of it, and he really does come across as one mean mutha, probably the only character that you can respect…the others are just pathetic.
    Andromeda is a programme that is too light, there is never any credible threat and you always know the crew will come out of any battle with nothing more than a little bump on the head.
    It really needs an injection of spirit, it needs to get down n’ dirty and they can start by turning Dylan into a psychopath and killing the rest of the crew…except Tyr, oh and Romy, coz she’s cute!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

How many episodes of the show have you people seen aisde from the pilot, maybe his naivety was part of his characters development? Personally I’ve seen virtually all of season 1 and most of 2 (Least until they took it off the air for enterprise, and dont get me started on that show!) and believe me its gets better. You cant judge a charcter from a single episode, nd how would you expect him to react under that situation, come on people give the guy a break. If you wanna talk about judging charcters from the first episode then I’m afraid one post wouldnt be enough, I grow weary of the endless bitching about a show you’ve yet to see develop. I know, it gets so much better, so like ive said before. You dont like it, dont watch it, if you dont watch it, dont bitch about it.

Anonymous

How many episodes of the show have you people seen aisde from the pilot, maybe his naivety was part of his characters development? Personally I’ve seen virtually all of season 1 and most of 2 (Least until they took it off the air for enterprise, and dont get me started on that show!) and believe me its gets better. You cant judge a charcter from a single episode, nd how would you expect him to react under that situation, come on people give the guy a break. If you wanna talk about judging charcters from the first episode then I’m afraid one post wouldnt be enough, I grow weary of the endless bitching about a show you’ve yet to see develop. I know, it gets so much better, so like ive said before. You dont like it, dont watch it, if you dont watch it, dont bitch about it.

Anonymous

Yeah, he morphs into a suicidal bipolar basket case in the second season. He still has lapses into the boy-scout persona (notably in ‘Home Fires’, WTF was that about?) but apart from the boring repitition of ‘Dylan saves the day’ it really isn’t much like Hercules. Much. Really.

Anonymous

Yeah, he morphs into a suicidal bipolar basket case in the second season. He still has lapses into the boy-scout persona (notably in ‘Home Fires’, WTF was that about?) but apart from the boring repitition of ‘Dylan saves the day’ it really isn’t much like Hercules. Much. Really.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Jay:

That’s just it…WE do watch it, (well at least I do), mainly because it has a limited appeal and mainly in the hope of an improvement.
    The first season had to be the worst start for any new sci-fi show (barring Mutant X and the first TNG), it was corny and tacky, the writing stank (which they have acknowledged by sacking the guilty parties) and the acting was terrible.
    But there has been improvement, the second season showed a more mature outlook and the writing and plots were not so silly.
    You mention that Lexx people come here to knock it, yeah, fair point…we do, but only to point out that Lexx has no pretence, it sets out to be silly and people know what to expect. Whereas Andromeda has tried to portray itself as being more serious (no sexual humour or silly situations intended), it has tried to make itself appear as a programme that deserves respect, except it unwittingly makes itself look stupid and ridiculous.
    But Sky pulled the plug on it just when things were beginning to improve, so we may never know if it did improve.
    I really like Kevin Sorbo, but his character is too much of a boy scout, and it is irritating.
    But if does come back I will still be watching.
    Let’s just hope it finds middle ground, i.e doesn’t revert back to the joke of a first season or ends up being as boring and tedious as DS9 (which most Trek fans choose to forget).
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Jay Jay:

That’s just it…WE do watch it, (well at least I do), mainly because it has a limited appeal and mainly in the hope of an improvement.
    The first season had to be the worst start for any new sci-fi show (barring Mutant X and the first TNG), it was corny and tacky, the writing stank (which they have acknowledged by sacking the guilty parties) and the acting was terrible.
    But there has been improvement, the second season showed a more mature outlook and the writing and plots were not so silly.
    You mention that Lexx people come here to knock it, yeah, fair point…we do, but only to point out that Lexx has no pretence, it sets out to be silly and people know what to expect. Whereas Andromeda has tried to portray itself as being more serious (no sexual humour or silly situations intended), it has tried to make itself appear as a programme that deserves respect, except it unwittingly makes itself look stupid and ridiculous.
    But Sky pulled the plug on it just when things were beginning to improve, so we may never know if it did improve.
    I really like Kevin Sorbo, but his character is too much of a boy scout, and it is irritating.
    But if does come back I will still be watching.
    Let’s just hope it finds middle ground, i.e doesn’t revert back to the joke of a first season or ends up being as boring and tedious as DS9 (which most Trek fans choose to forget).
    Squishy

Anonymous

Hey, look you buggers(no offense intended,I call my best friends buggers,so don’t take it personally, OK?), I know what I said, alright? I’ve got nothing personally against Andromeda as a whole, it’s just that I DESPISE Dylan. If it weren’t for him,I’d find Andromeda a bloody good show, almost as good as Babylon 5(although I think B5 is the best thing to come out of humanity,soI may be prejudiced). As Squishy said, we DO watch it,it’s just that Dylan happens to be too good to be true. It is just not possible. I may be a little premature, though. Andromeda has only aired its first season in Malaysia, and maybe it does get better. It’s just that, for now, I’ll stick with my original stand for having Beka as captain.

BTW, Squishy, in your post, you said that Sky pulled the plug on Andromeda. Is this true? If it’s true, then maybe it is for the best. Perhaps now, TV execs will realise that it’s ‘fans first,money second’.

———————————-

“Faith manages”
    -Delenn

“Who are you?
    What do you want?”
    -Lorien

[ 13-03-2002: Message edited by: super_joe_yamaman ]

Anonymous

Hey, look you buggers(no offense intended,I call my best friends buggers,so don’t take it personally, OK?), I know what I said, alright? I’ve got nothing personally against Andromeda as a whole, it’s just that I DESPISE Dylan. If it weren’t for him,I’d find Andromeda a bloody good show, almost as good as Babylon 5(although I think B5 is the best thing to come out of humanity,soI may be prejudiced). As Squishy said, we DO watch it,it’s just that Dylan happens to be too good to be true. It is just not possible. I may be a little premature, though. Andromeda has only aired its first season in Malaysia, and maybe it does get better. It’s just that, for now, I’ll stick with my original stand for having Beka as captain.

BTW, Squishy, in your post, you said that Sky pulled the plug on Andromeda. Is this true? If it’s true, then maybe it is for the best. Perhaps now, TV execs will realise that it’s ‘fans first,money second’.

———————————-

“Faith manages”
    -Delenn

“Who are you?
    What do you want?”
    -Lorien

[ 13-03-2002: Message edited by: super_joe_yamaman ]

Anonymous

quote:

super joe yamaman i think that what Squishy meant was that Sky TV in the UK has stopped showing Andromeda. but Andromeda is filmed in Canada and has recently been renewed for 2 more seasons. here is the link
    http://www.sadgeezer.com/cgi-bin/ultimat ebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000073

I think B5 is the best thing to come out of humanity

i wholeheartedly agree!!! but i do have high hopes for Andromeda! and yes the second season is much better than the first and if it is not too spoilerish to tell you this, but Dylan is not such a good guy in some eps. so if you really do like Andromeda please be patient and i believe that you will see a whole new side to Dylan.

[ 13-03-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

quote:

super joe yamaman i think that what Squishy meant was that Sky TV in the UK has stopped showing Andromeda. but Andromeda is filmed in Canada and has recently been renewed for 2 more seasons. here is the link
    http://www.sadgeezer.com/cgi-bin/ultimat ebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000073

I think B5 is the best thing to come out of humanity

i wholeheartedly agree!!! but i do have high hopes for Andromeda! and yes the second season is much better than the first and if it is not too spoilerish to tell you this, but Dylan is not such a good guy in some eps. so if you really do like Andromeda please be patient and i believe that you will see a whole new side to Dylan.

[ 13-03-2002: Message edited by: mary beth ]

Anonymous

Well, well, well, laydees and gentlemen. It appears that I may, happily, be wrong. If it is indeed as my fellow compatriots say, and Dylan really turns into something more closely resembling a human being, and not a cross between McGyver’s superingenuity and Mr Rogers’ morality, then maybe I’ll enjoy Andromeda fully, and not have the experience marred by the presence of Lord High Commander Joe Fantastic Of The Stupendously Almighty Commonwealth Of Peace Loving Hippies.

I still support Rev or Beka for captain though. If you don’t like it, well then, as the Jewish Japanese lawyer said, “Sosumi!”

P.S. Here’s a thought. If you want good, coherent storyline without being marred by terrible dialogue, why not start a campaign to have J-Strac (J.Michael Straczynski for the uninitiated) write for Andromeda. I know he’s busy with Jeremiah, but if maybe if there’s enough support, he’ll do it. Just a thought….
    ———————————————

“Faith manages”
    -Delenn

Appropriate, eh?

Anonymous

Well, well, well, laydees and gentlemen. It appears that I may, happily, be wrong. If it is indeed as my fellow compatriots say, and Dylan really turns into something more closely resembling a human being, and not a cross between McGyver’s superingenuity and Mr Rogers’ morality, then maybe I’ll enjoy Andromeda fully, and not have the experience marred by the presence of Lord High Commander Joe Fantastic Of The Stupendously Almighty Commonwealth Of Peace Loving Hippies.

I still support Rev or Beka for captain though. If you don’t like it, well then, as the Jewish Japanese lawyer said, “Sosumi!”

P.S. Here’s a thought. If you want good, coherent storyline without being marred by terrible dialogue, why not start a campaign to have J-Strac (J.Michael Straczynski for the uninitiated) write for Andromeda. I know he’s busy with Jeremiah, but if maybe if there’s enough support, he’ll do it. Just a thought….
    ———————————————

“Faith manages”
    -Delenn

Appropriate, eh?

Anonymous

one eps to look for in the second season is titled “The Prince”. in this ep Dylan displays very ‘un-boyscout like’ behavior. it sure surprised me!

Anonymous

one eps to look for in the second season is titled “The Prince”. in this ep Dylan displays very ‘un-boyscout like’ behavior. it sure surprised me!

Anonymous

I guess what bothers me is the potential power Sorbo has over the show. Apparently enough power and influence to push RH Wolf out. It may be that his ideas and point of view may not be good for the show.

Is it a good idea for the star of an ensemble adventure show to have that much influence. I recently saw an episode that I’d have to call the ‘Dylan Hunt Feelgood Hour’, Dylan is in practically every scene, women swoon over him, his enemies admire him, his friends worship, every shot shows him in a majestic celestial glow. The big topic of conversation in every scene seems to be ‘Dylan, you’re so wonderful!’ to which he replies, ‘Aw shucks… you’re right.’ All the other characters are minimized, hollowed out, caricatures of their former selves, lobotomized cheerleaders instead of independent beings. It makes for a self indulgent performance, a self indulgent show and a rather dull one at that.

Anonymous

I guess what bothers me is the potential power Sorbo has over the show. Apparently enough power and influence to push RH Wolf out. It may be that his ideas and point of view may not be good for the show.

Is it a good idea for the star of an ensemble adventure show to have that much influence. I recently saw an episode that I’d have to call the ‘Dylan Hunt Feelgood Hour’, Dylan is in practically every scene, women swoon over him, his enemies admire him, his friends worship, every shot shows him in a majestic celestial glow. The big topic of conversation in every scene seems to be ‘Dylan, you’re so wonderful!’ to which he replies, ‘Aw shucks… you’re right.’ All the other characters are minimized, hollowed out, caricatures of their former selves, lobotomized cheerleaders instead of independent beings. It makes for a self indulgent performance, a self indulgent show and a rather dull one at that.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.