Einstein is Fun

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I like this new category!

I just saw the Einstein exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History here in NY–if you’re here anytime between now and August 10th, give it a try. It’s going on tour as well–for sure to Chicago (Field) and LA (Skirball) and a couple of other places too I think.

They have a handwritten version of the Theory of Relativity, as well as several documents that include the handwritten e=mc2 formula (sorry, can’t figure out how to do squared symbol here)–sounds dull, but cool to actually see in person. Then *cough* there’s a very rotten letter Einstein sent his first wife in the throes of their divorce….with English translation.

Also demonstrations, some interactive, of his theories on light, time, energy and gravity–including people who answer questions.

At the end, there’s a video screen with sound bites from various modern physicists, and sure enough, one of them mentions Star Trek, and how many of the concepts of popular science fiction (such as the warping of space-time) come directly from Einstein’s theories.

I really enjoyed it–one warning though. You exit directly in to the Einstein gift shop.

Anyway, if you’re interested here’s the web page: EINSTEIN[/url]

elmey

ADM
    Participant

Good ol Al!!!, the thing that puzzles me about Einstein is his unfinished Unified Field Theory, in all this time since no one has managed too complete it, says a lot about Eini.
    That theory has been touted as the mother of them all, and has been linked with such mysterious goings on like The Philadelphia Experiment.
    The theory suggests that one single power controls the universe and if we harnessed it then we would hold the power of the universe, in a way it might be just as well he didn’t finish it, if this research was finished then some idiot might have decided to create a weapon more terrifying than the H-bomb.
    Still, I can’t imagine that this theory isn’t being put into practice somewhere.
    ADM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.