ellen giggy pope dubin chat

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx ellen giggy pope dubin chat

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Wow, great, FX, thanks for going above and beyond the call of duty. You do a much better job of promoting this show than Sci-fi ever could, why don’t they do stuff like this?

I know they did the beans chat, but that was actually quite unimformative, compared to Marty’s chat the other night, and I know Ellen won’t be jerking us around with hers, either.

Anonymous

Yes, thanks FX!! An Ellen Dubin chat would be awesome! You did a fantastic job with the Marty chat, and I know the Ellen chat will be fun and informative as well.

I’ll be looking forward to it!

FX
    Participant

good to hear the enthusiasm! and thanx for the kudos, but i couldn’t have done it without frey and splarka, and marty needed jen and james too! as well as kim! i sent them a thank you on all of our behalf…now, start telling all your fellow lexxians about ellen so we can really show her our appreciation…love fx

FX
    Participant

okay, given the fun we had with the marty chat, we have begun to try to pin down a date for same with ms dubin…this time we will try to do it on a sunday afternoon so as to allow the overseas peeps to participate as well …start thinking of questions and telling other ellen and lexx fans …this time i will try to have at least a week’s notice so that we can give as many people as possible the opportunity to attend…love fx

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    we have begun to try to pin down a date for same with ms dubin…this time we will try to do it on a sunday afternoon so as to allow the overseas peeps to participate as well

Sunday’s are good, advance notice is good. Just let us know when she sets a date. Thanks FX. Do you think it might be this month?

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

Sunday’s are good, advance notice is good. Just let us know when she sets a date. Thanks FX. Do you think it might be this month?

i’m going to try, but i don’t want to put it on the holiday weekend as many people may be out of town…anyway, i’m working for november, and of course, you will be the first person i harass (as in shrieking for help )

Anonymous

Geeze. How about “Thanks, X, for hooking us up with Ellen Dubin after she saw the wallpaper you did on your website.”?

It was the wallpaper I did that she saw that prompted her to want to contact the fans.

as promised, i am now editing and deleting posts

[ 14-11-2001: Message edited by: FX ]

Anonymous

Try and schedule it at a time where us UK Lexxians can get a look in. I could probably manage 11pm latest before my wife kills me or after 8am.

What do you think?

(DONT FORGET – Win Lexx stuff on my site)

DalekTek790
    Participant

I’ve never been to the board at Sci-Fi, but you seem to be one of the nicer and more knowledgeable and insightful posters on this board. I too have noticed a certain lack of gratitude and compassion for fellow SadBoard members, here.

But on the other hand, perhaps the people who fail to acknowledge your contributions are simply unaware of or forgot about your efforts. Maybe they aren’t trying to hurt your reputation as much as you think.

I don’t know.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Xev of R2D2:
    Geeze. How about “Thanks, X, for hooking us up with Ellen Dubin after she saw the wallpaper you did on your website.”?

I can only speak for myself, but when someone says that they’re leaving, I don’t really go to the trouble of complimenting the empty space where they once were. I mean, let’s say that I’m hosting a dinner party, and the guest (let’s say you, X) that brought the delicious Scalloped Potato dish leaves early. When the other guests depart, and say something to the effect of “Well, Aleck, that was a fine dinner party,” I’ll graciously say “thank you” as they put on their hats and coats and walk out. I probably won’t say “Well, thank X, even though he’s not here, because he brought the delicious Scalloped Potato dish.” It’s not a glory-hogging thing, it’s not a “let’s ignore X” thing, it’s an “X isn’t here, so complimenting him isn’t going to amount to much” thing. That’s what happens when you announce that you’re leaving a place. People tend not to pay the empty space much attention.

Just to cover my patinkin, let me add (as if it needed adding) that this should not be taken as a dig at you personally, X, just as a general statement. I never said thanks for passing along the contact info because (a) you never made a big deal about it and frankly I forgot that you passed the info along, and (b) you said that you weren’t going to be here, so it would be pointless for me to say something to you here.
    You made it possible for other people to set this up, and for that I’m certainly grateful, but it’s like thanking the grocery store for the meal that gets cooked.

–Aleck

[ 13-11-2001: Message edited by: Aleck ]

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Xev of R2D2:

It was the wallpaper I did that she saw that prompted her to want to contact the fans.

Hello X, nice to see you again. I was unaware of the wallpaper connection, but not suprised. You do some nice ones.

How totaly cool to have her contact you about your site. Congratulations X.

Anonymous

Hey X…Easy Tiger!!!, I think many of us don’t know who is responsible for most of the links or work that is done by other fans, I assume (as I’m sure most of us do) that the person who creates the post plays a significant part in the organisation of these events.
    But fair’s fair, it’s not about recognition is it, we all try to our little bit to keep this board a happy and interesting place for everyone here. Admittedley, Squishy doesn’t do too much, but the rest of you are fab, and should never underestimate your importance to the board, FX, The Frey, Blackcloud, DT790, Aleck, Maxy, JJ, and you X, are all important and worthwhile contributors to this board, and it’s you that keeps it interesting.
    I must say X, before I left you were someone who seemed to be at peace with everyone, now you seem a little bitter, Squishy is unsure as to why…but Squishy will always be your friend.
    Squishy

Anonymous

…ooops, forgot the wonderful Hypatia from the list above (anyone else Squish forgot???, well cluster lizards brains are quite small!!!).
    Squishy looking forward to squareing off with Giggy (Squishy sharpens fangs), great job for setting this one up (all those concerned), Squishy so wanted to be at the Marty Simon chat, so Squishy gonna make damn sure he makes this one!!!
    On a more serious note, I just like to express my sympathies to the people on here that either hail from NY or have friends or relatives from NY, my thoughts are with you.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Well, if your were responsible for the website that Ellen Dubin saw and wanted contact with the fans, then I say, more power to you, and fabulous.

Anonymous

find some inner peace, X… you seem to spend a lot of time in your posts upset about stuff- i can tell you now; the rp group in question is not plotting against you. we have not been happy, and said our fair share, but so have you.

that’s great that your desktops got noticed by ellen dubin- i did not know that. but you aren’t setting up the chat so just try to chill. maybe fx or whoever would have thanked you for hooking them up if you’d given them the chance to.

in all fairness- they were prolly too excited about ms. dubin agreeing to chat to think about anything else! lol

Anonymous

I have not posted on SciFi in the longest time, aside from where I posted proof of Dgre’s insincerity towards my wanting to drop this on the Sad board a while back. I apologize if this came off as being bitter with the people here, because I am not. If anything some of you people make me want to stay. But there seems to be no end to this bitter feud. I left SciFi, I even left here, but it continues.
    I have the wisdom to know better but I have a real problem with things and it frustrates me to no end that these people continue. So yes it’s very hard for me to post here with them and keep my peace.

sorry for the editing, but this will end now, and from now forward, and yes, i am grateful for the info, and if you and the others show, i can assure you any miscreants will be booted; i will not be responsible for ellen having a bad taste in her mouth about chats

Anonymous

Sorry FX, but this constant persecution is getting old.

again, sorry for the edit, but enough is enough

FX
    Participant

well okay, another merry ****ing christmas thread…

for the record, i had planned to open the chat with ellen dubin by saying ‘thanx to x for bringing us together’…i guess i am the only person here who didn’topen their presents before christmas…

now, and this is the last time i am going to say this; any posts that in any way refer to the troubles at scifi.bb are going to be summarily deleted…and before you say anything else dt, yes i am a control freak, and right now, i am an annoyed control freak

merry ****ing christmas

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by JumpingJedi:
    Try and schedule it at a time where us UK Lexxians can get a look in.
    (DONT FORGET – Win Lexx stuff on my site)

hi jj, it was your post about the missed marty chat that prompted me to ask giggy if we could do this on a weekend afternoon…and i told her the reason why…as she wants to talk to as many of you as possible, she is very enthusiastic about the idea

Anonymous

APEC amounts to… some people who get together and chat about their RLs more than anything!!! And it’s not a *closed* club, either… they’ve added new members every month that I’ve been a member of the group, which ISN’T APEC btw, it’s a Lexx fan club that even has male members- hello. I’m not a member of apec, just the email group.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squish-ums:
    [QBOn a more serious note, I just like to express my sympathies to the people on here that either hail from NY or have friends or relatives from NY, my thoughts are with you.
    Squishy [/QB]

thank you again sweetie, from all of us…i am hoping that this is in fact what it appears to be; a tragic accident…what with all the paranoia and muslim bashing, i would hate to see any more ugly incidents, especially now that the war seems to be ‘ending’…and don’t you worry sweetie, i am eager to see you all in chat, and i will let you know the date as soon as i know…love fx

Anonymous

Okay, I have no idea what’s going on here (what is an APEC and what is ‘clone fiction’?). I’ve been to the Scifi board once and didn’t see any of this…whatever.

So here goes: Calm down, all of you. Scifi is showing the movies as I type and Gigerotta is eating the brains. The Northern Alliance is advancing, women are throwing off thier burquas and men are shaving…

I like you X, don’t sweat whatever is going on. Please show up for the chat, I really don’t think anyone would ‘flame’ you with Giggerota around (risk their liver?)

Hey, thanks for expressing sympathy Squish-ums. You guys are great!
    *Throws Osama brains in his direction*

dgrequeen
    Participant

Please stop. Everyone. Please stop.

FX
    Participant

okay that”s it …this topic is closed…and i hope to christ ellen hasnt seen any of this, because i am completely embarassed on everyone’s behalf…fx

Anonymous

Thank you for calming everyone down FX, but in all fairness, if you’re going to edit out posts that are inflamatory, perhaps you should to it to everyone, not just me, after all, I just responded to the thread, I didn’t bring it up.

and in all fairness, i edited everyone’s posts, check again…you guys were so busy replying to each other i couldn’t keep up, hence your post appearing here after i had closed the topic…again, i am sorry,i loathe censorship, but ‘people’ are watching, and there just is no need to air dirty linen…i know this suggestion is going to fall on deaf ears, but how about you guys try one more time to settle your grievances in private…that’s what the private emails are for…thank you, fx

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.