End of the Universe

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx End of the Universe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Another one of the all time great episodes on SciFi US in a couple of hours– (I cheated and watched the DVD again yesterday)

The battle of the drone arms! Lyekka’s heroic end! General Kai commanding his troops(?) to… run! More verbal sparring with Mantrid!

Actually it’s amazing how much excitement and tension build up throughout the episode, and how strong a sense there is of what’s at stake–without giant space flotillas and a cast of thousands (a cast of 6 1/2 in fact–I’m counting the DJ). The visuals of the mass of the Universe compressed to giant octahedrons (I think) with suns and stars flaming past them is conceptually wonderful. And best of all, in the end, the damn Universe actually does get destroyed. A brilliant episode.

elmey

[ 31-07-2002: Message edited by: elmey ]

Anonymous

Series2 and 4 SPOILER’S ahead

Yeah its a fantastic ep. Especially the first time you see it if you dont know what’s going to happen. It’s a real departure too in the fact I dont think there is a single comedic line in that ep. It’s all tension and excitement.

And of course Lexx doesent shy away and save everyone in the 11th hour. The Light Universe much like Earth got destroyed

Now you can understand why I hate what they did to Lyekka this season. She was so much a better char in Series 2&3. If only they coulda got Doreen Jacobi to be the bad guy this season

Jhevz
    Participant

I very much liked last night’s episode; it was a quaint little story, with our guys winning in the end; now they’re in the `dark universe’, I wonder what will happen next; I guess I’ll have to wait for tonight’s episode.
    I didn’t like how Lykka got killed, but she did save Kai, Stan, Xev, 790 & the Lexx from destruction; & the Lexx finally killed off Mantrid for good; but in a way, don’t we sometimes create a Mandrid ourselves? I also liked 790’s idea of making drones from that awful Mandrid’s drones & Mandrid got what he desevered.
    Well I wonder what our gang will be up to tonight in tonight’s episode of the Lexx. Well talk you soon & have a safe Summer.

Jhevz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.